Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Should I quit my job and go back to College? Is it even worth it?

cvh1991

cvh1991

Legend
I’ll be a bit cagey to avoid dox potential, but I’ve been thinking about this more and more lately. Everyday I see posts on 4chan or have even talked with a few people I’m acquainted with IRL who claim to be high earners with cushy/easy jobs in which they basically don’t fucking do anything.

Usually these people are mid to high ranking suit managers for some corporation. I have a degree that’s more IT focused and I have experience in that field but I fucking absolutely hate my god damn life every minute of every god damned day doing what I do now. Each day I am tempted to just walk out and what keeps me from doing it is that I have bills to pay and if I don’t work a timer starts where at the end of that timer you’re homeless.

Obviously I don’t expect to ever find happiness from love or to have my own family — those dreams died years ago and my old self died with them really. But if I could land one of these cushy corporate office jobs where you basically don’t fucking do anything that would be nirvana.

I’ve been trying to apply for jobs like that but none of these companies ever even respond. I’m thinking of going back to college again but doing so will destroy everything I have — it will ruin me financially and put me back to square one. And even doing all that there’s no guarantee I’ll even be able to get a job with it so I’m just left here thinking what the fuck is the point?

I dunno lads, I can’t keep going like this — I made another post about my work situation and my CUNT manager recently for context if you want it and every day I feel a bit closer to blowing my own head off. Seems like there’s no solution, costs keep going up and up and up, the jobs I can get are misery and heaps of struggle, nobody cares about me and I could die right now and what would it mean! I am desperate for a solution but feel so hopeless :feelsbadman: Many such cases

Last edited:
I’ll be a bit cagey to avoid dox potential, but I’ve been thinking about this more and more lately. Everyday I see posts on 4chan or have even talked with a few people I’m acquainted with IRL who claim to be high earners with cushy/easy jobs in which they basically don’t fucking do anything.

Usually these people are mid to high ranking suit managers for some corporation. I have a degree that’s more IT focused and I have experience in that field but I fucking absolutely hate my god damn life every minute of every god damned day doing what I do now. Each day I am tempted to just walk out and what keeps me from doing it is that I have bills to pay.

Obviously I don’t expect to ever find happiness from love or to have my own family — those dreams died years ago and my old self died with them really. But if I could land one of these cushy corporate office jobs where you basically don’t fucking do anything that would be nirvana.

I’ve been trying to apply for jobs like that but none of these companies ever even respond. I’m thinking of going back to college again but doing so will destroy everything I have — it will ruin me financially and put me back to square one. And even doing all that there’s no guarantee I’ll even be able to get a job with it so I’m just left here thinking what the fuck is point?

I dunno lads, I can’t keep going like this — I made another recently about my work situation and my cunt manager recently for context if you want it and every day I feel a bit closer to blowing my own head off. Seems like there’s no solution, costs keep going up and up and up, the jobs I can get are misery and heaps of struggle, nobody cares about me and I could die right now and what would it mean!
I think it depends on how likely getting one of those dream jobs after finishing college is. I think if you actually have good chances of getting a job like that by going back to college is worth it.

I think it depends on how likely getting one of those dream jobs after finishing college is. I think if you actually have good chances of getting a job like that by going back to college is worth it.
Thanks, that’s helpful — yeah I’m thinking the big hole here is getting the initial job experience they all want and actually having the correct specific degree. But it’ll take like 2 years and a lot more money than I have to acquire just the degree.

I feel the system doesn’t work and is broken. I know I could already do the job my manager does today right now at this very moment even down to what software they use — but getting a company to give you a shot without connections especially without the specific degree is just a non starter.

Last edited:
Thanks, that’s helpful — yeah I’m thinking the big hole here is getting the initial job experience they all want and actually having the correct specific degree. But it’ll take like 2 years and a lot more money than I have to acquire just the degree.

I feel the system doesn’t work and is broken. I know I could already do the job my manager does today right now at this very moment even down to what software they use — but getting a company to give you a shot without connections especially without the specific degree is just a non starter.
Do you think you'll be able to afford getting the degree? That's the crucial aspect. If you can, I would say go for it.

But yeah, the game is rigged. Populations decline, and especially the populations of young people. Demand is by default lowered, because there are FEWER young people and yet the competition is ONLY getting worse and worse. The laws of Basic Economics no longer apply in this very strange modern world.

Depends, only you can really do the money crunching to see if its worth. As long as you don't have extreme outgoing expenses (Family, wife(lol) or mortgage). Would say go for it. As an incel who is working you might as well maximize comfort to earning potential as much as you can, this is what I am doing too, returning to college.

Do you think you'll be able to afford getting the degree? That's the crucial aspect. If you can, I would say go for it.

But yeah, the game is rigged. Populations decline, and especially the populations of young people. Demand is by default lowered, because there are FEWER young people and yet the competition is ONLY getting worse and worse. The laws of Basic Economics no longer apply in this very strange modern world.
To do it I’d have to go into debt and my emergency fund would be wiped out too. I’d like to blitz it full time to maybe finish faster than normal too so it would be hard to work and do that at the same time I think.

Ill do some searching for online only programs maybe there’s one in the nation that is really cheap (though then the question is will businesses value it if I got it from some bad reputation institution, I dunno).

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. Your comment there is spot on — being a younger aged working person today is a nightmare compared to what it was for Boomers or prior generations. It’s a really really bad time. Can’t afford shit, we’ll all be rent trapped forever.

Depends, only you can really do the money crunching to see if its worth. As long as you don't have extreme outgoing expenses (Family, wife(lol) or mortgage). Would say go for it. As an incel who is working you might as well maximize comfort to earning potential as much as you can, this is what I am doing too, returning to college.
Thanks that’s helpful. In particular I’m looking at getting an MBA for management. I just know I can’t keep doing fullstack dev work, it’s hell on earth and I want die. It might be tolerable except that my bosses are total shitheads and cruel people.

Good luck with your return to Uni mate, hopefully we climb out of this hole eventually.

No, not really.

No, not really.
It’s a hard question because the fucking cost is ridiculous. More than I make after taxes in 2.5 years and is worse than that if I don’t work while getting the degree. Uni is so much cheaper in some non US countries :feelsbadman:

Out of curiosity what career path do you have in mind? I’m sort of trying to figure out what the fuck to do with my pitiful muck of a life. Thanks, good luck to you with your future mate.

To do it I’d have to go into debt and my emergency fund would be wiped out too. I’d like to blitz it full time to maybe finish faster than normal too so it would be hard to work and do that at the same time I think.

Ill do some searching for online only programs maybe there’s one in the nation that is really cheap (though then the question is will businesses value it if I got it from some bad reputation institution, I dunno).

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. Your comment there is spot on — being a younger aged working person today is a nightmare compared to what it was for Boomers or prior generations. It’s a really really bad time. Can’t afford shit, we’ll all be rent trapped forever.
I don't currently have time to give a big response, but I want to say, I hope you'll be able to improve your financial situation. Godspeed :yes:

Out of curiosity what career path do you have in mind? I’m sort of trying to figure out what the fuck to do with my pitiful muck of a life. Thanks, good luck to you with your future mate.
I am currently in the BioEngineering path(At least this is where I hope to be in 2 years). I hope to get into the medical research field, I'll admit my choice is not completely money driven. If it was money driven I would of taken a similar route and taken a finance MBA for 2 years and try to get into a wealth management firm like my cousin did, he's running around in new tesla's every two years. Other options I was thinking of originally was business administration or marketing, from what I've heard its a very cosy. From what I've seen from employers they count an MBA as 4 years of work experience, so what I would do is see what jobs out there explicitly asks for 4 years in the field you're looking at. And good luck to you as well if you choose college again.

I don't currently have time to give a big response, but I want to say, I hope you'll be able to improve your financial situation. Godspeed :yes:
Thanks man, same to you. I honestly think it’s so sad that we find more sense of kinship here than with anyone we know in the real world.

I am currently in the BioEngineering path(At least this is where I hope to be in 2 years). I hope to get into the medical research field, I'll admit my choice is not completely money driven. If it was money driven I would of taken a similar route and taken a finance MBA for 2 years and try to get into a wealth management firm like my cousin did, he's running around in new tesla's every two years. Other options I was thinking of originally was business administration or marketing, from what I've heard its a very cosy. From what I've seen from employers they count an MBA as 4 years of work experience, so what I would do is see what jobs out there explicitly asks for 4 years in the field you're looking at. And good luck to you as well if you choose college again.
Thanks for the advice it’s helpful. Engineering is really hard, god speed man. Yeah, I have a STEM degree but want to get into business admin or some kind of management. That’s amazing your cousin got into a position like that, damn. I know someone in a very similar job who also drives a Tesla every year. He says it’s for clients but he must be earning a lot of money.

Well, alright then — in that case I guess I’ll start looking for MBA programs by cost. If I can find one that’s online courses only that’s doesn’t cripple me financially I might do it but before that point I might just keep seeing if I can land a job somewhere with what I have. 2 years and that amount of money is a HEAVY toll to pay.

Good luck to you mate, thanks again.

Go into management instead

Go into management instead
Thanks yeah I’d like to but it seems tough to get that job without prior management experience and without an MBA or business admin degree. My STEM work and degree have been insufficient thus far for that.

Depending on what part of the world you in, there may be government run skills program that you can hop on for the free. The only thing you'll have to sacrifice is going part-time in your current job or taking a sabbatical for 3 months because that's how long those courses take to complete and they usually "guarantee" a job at the end.

I graduated with a computing degree about 7 years ago but I haven't had the chance to actually use it because I don't have "experience". So I've been thinking about doing the skills program or just taking some time off to do some courses online related to computing to get a refresher like python, java and sql since they are the most in-demand.

Depending on what part of the world you in, there may be government run skills program that you can hop on for the free. The only thing you'll have to sacrifice is going part-time in your current job or taking a sabbatical for 3 months because that's how long those courses take to complete and they usually "guarantee" a job at the end.

I graduated with a computing degree about 7 years ago but I haven't had the chance to actually use it because I don't have "experience". So I've been thinking about doing the skills program or just taking some time off to do some courses online related to computing to get a refresher like python, java and sql since they are the most in-demand.
It is nutty how competition is so fierce that you seem to need both a lot of experience and the proper education credentials and maybe a connection or two on top of that to boot.

That’s good to know I’ll do some research online into whether there are such programs here. I’m in a red state of the US.

Usually these people are mid to high ranking suit managers for some corporation. I have a degree that’s more IT focused and I have experience in that field but I fucking absolutely hate my god damn life every minute of every god damned day doing what I do now. Each day I am tempted to just walk out and what keeps me from doing it is that I have bills to pay and if I don’t work a timer starts where at the end of that timer you’re homeless.

I’ve been trying to apply for jobs like that but none of these companies ever even respond. I’m thinking of going back to college again but doing so will destroy everything I have — it will ruin me financially and put me back to square one. And even doing all that there’s no guarantee I’ll even be able to get a job with it so I’m just left here thinking what the fuck is the point?

I dunno lads, I can’t keep going like this — I made another post about my work situation and my CUNT manager recently for context if you want it and every day I feel a bit closer to blowing my own head off. Seems like there’s no solution, costs keep going up and up and up, the jobs I can get are misery and heaps of struggle, nobody cares about me and I could die right now and what would it mean! I am desperate for a solution but feel so hopeless :feelsbadman: Many such cases
Quit and NEET :feelscomfy:

Quit and NEET :feelscomfy:
Where I live welfare basically doesn’t exist unless you are disabled severely or a single mother who’s also a minority pretty much. Red states are like that, way it is. I’d gladly get some roommates and get on the dole permanently if I thought it was possible. I do not think it’s possible though. Add to that how in this shithole country we don’t even get healthcare without a job and that route seems like a dead end to homelessness. If I could do it I would though.