Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Should I lie to future coworkers that I have a girlfriend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18193
  • Start date
Deleted member 18193

Deleted member 18193

incel on incels.is
-
At my last job when I was asked if I had a girlfriend I was honest with them and told them no. But it didn't end well, lead to them claiming to want to help(let's get you a date) while also low key mocking me (which I didn't really care but it'd be better if it didn't happen) with one guy in his 40s telling me "Who's not getting a phone number? its you! you aren't!" in a singing voice. It was funny most of the time(Yes, I can take a joke lol) since he didn't seem to have the outright intention of mocking but I wonder If I'd be taken more seriously and not joked with as much If I'd just told them I had one from the get go.

If I get another job, should I just lie to them if the question comes up? Anyone who has done this with coworkers, what's the best way to lie about it? I obviously don't ever plan on hanging out with any of them so they'd never really be able to catch my lie without finding some inconsistency (or demanding to look at my phone).

Don’t bother, they’ll know anyways tbh

Fakecel if people can't tell you're KHHV just by looking at you.

Don’t bother, they’ll know anyways tbh
Yeah, I guess you're right. I guess this is more about them leaving me alone (which probably won't happen anyways) so why bother lying
Actually, it reminded me (after I wrote this) about something back in HS - where some dudes mockingly said "You don't have a girlfriend, do you?" and then started snickering. So yea, better to be honest and hope they don't try to virtue signal

Just say you had a break up.
Advantages - Sympathy and non-incel status.
Disadvantages - none.

1. Virgin pride.
2. What if a nice girl thinks you are already taken because you lied about having a girlfriend?

Why the fuck would they ask if you have a GF, how is that even relevant. What assholes, they probably asked you that just to inflate their egos.

I worked at mcdonalds for awhile when I was younger and they always bullied me and tried to get me to make self-deprecating jokes, when I stayed silent it was just relentless harassment. I just walked out and never came back on one of the days.

high iq. This should've came to mind tbh
If you can pull it off, say that your dick was too big, therefore painful for most of your partners and you are celibate.

Why the fuck would they ask if you have a GF, how is that even relevant. What assholes, they probably asked you that just to inflate their egos.

I worked at mcdonalds for awhile when I was younger and they always bullied me and tried to get me to make self-deprecating jokes, when I stayed silent it was just relentless harassment. I just walked out and never came back on one of the days.
The guy who bugged me the most was a divorced unhappy fat manlet in his 40s (I think). So yeah it was probably him projecting his past insecurity to make himself feel better since he was almost nearly an incel.
I walked out also, and I don't regret it.

Why would that even be asked at a job interview? I would just say that I had one a long time ago or something.

Sometimes boomers can’t cause In their day it wasn’t really a thing for men to be KHHV’s like it is today

it's dumb
Just say it's private if someone asks u

They can tell you are lying because of your ugly face.

Yes you should
People in general trust man with girlfriends more

If you want to go the honest route while still protecting your privacy in your most pleasant acting way tell them graciously that you don’t discuss religion, politics or past or current relationships with your fellow co workers.

If they press for a reason just tell them through time and experience you’ve discovered this to be the best course of action to maintain a pleasant work environment.

Alternatively if you don’t mind lying just tell them that you’ve been dating on and off for a while now taking breaks here and there from it due to some bad experiences, false starts and having been led on and let down but assure them with the blue pilled nonsense that NPC’s just love to hear that you haven’t “given up on women” and are still patiently “waiting for the right one” to come into your life and you’re sure she’s out there but you “just have to keep on looking” until you find her etc, etc.

Last edited:
At my last job when I was asked if I had a girlfriend I was honest with them and told them no. But it didn't end well, lead to them claiming to want to help(let's get you a date) while also low key mocking me (which I didn't really care but it'd be better if it didn't happen) with one guy in his 40s telling me "Who's not getting a phone number? its you! you aren't!" in a singing voice. It was funny most of the time(Yes, I can take a joke lol) since he didn't seem to have the outright intention of mocking but I wonder If I'd be taken more seriously and not joked with as much If I'd just told them I had one from the get go.

If I get another job, should I just lie to them if the question comes up? Anyone who has done this with coworkers, what's the best way to lie about it? I obviously don't ever plan on hanging out with any of them so they'd never really be able to catch my lie without finding some inconsistency (or demanding to look at my phone).
i don't think so, people make fun about those that do this.

in fact normies are so aggro about this one they even say that a guy is lying about having a gf, if he doesn't look sexually attractive enough.

just fade into the background if you can't befriend those people, if you befriend them then the truth will come out either way and maybe they can help. people who aren't your friends should just mind their own business.

If they're gonna discriminate then yes

Just say she took a 6 month assignment in Brazil or something

wear a ring, i wear a ring on the ring finger. no one asks anything

Yes but “break up” with her within a few weeks so they don’t catch on.

The ring helps...
wear a ring, i wear a ring on the ring finger. no one asks anything
Sometimes...
If you want to go the honest route while still protecting your privacy in your most pleasant acting way tell them graciously that you don’t discuss religion, politics or past or current relationships with your fellow co workers.

If they press for a reason just tell them through time and experience you’ve discovered this to be the best course of action to maintain a pleasant work environment.

Alternatively if you don’t mind lying just tell them that you’ve been dating on and off for a while now taking breaks here and there from it due to some bad experiences, false starts and having been led on and let down but assure them with the blue pilled nonsense that NPC’s just love to hear that you haven’t “given up on women” and are still patiently “waiting for the right one” to come into your life and you’re sure she’s out there but you “just have to keep on looking” until you find her etc, etc.
Bolo! Be on the lookout for love!

I did it all bro's.

Eventually i decided on "the widower."
(She died.... I don't want to talk about it.)

But by that time nobody asked.

Yes dude. If you are a curry just tell it was arranged.

Yes bro

It's better for you, plus normies deserve to be lied to anyway

Depends on your work environment. If it’s a casual / part time job then it shouldn’t really matter. If you have an office job or something more permanent, then I’d say it depends on your age.

I say this because office environments are notoriously gossip hungry and stepping over egos is a tool people use there to get ahead. If this is your case and you’re pushing 30, honestly OP consider making up a lie. People get suspicious about fully grown men who are openly alone, and that suspicion can range from people thinking you’re a loser, in the closet, or even think that you’re a sicko.

I wouldnt bother, normies can usually tell by your tone