Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Should I learn German or French?

What should I learn

• French

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • German

Votes: 28 66.7%

• Total voters
Incellectual

Incellectual

feminae stultae sunt | 5'3 goblin-manlet
★★★★★
Which one is more useful to learn? I technically have to learn both but I could probably get away with only knowing one of them. Do any of you have experience with French or German? If so how hard is it?

German for sure.
French is a language for faggots.

Bookmarked. Will read later.

French sounds a little bit gay imo

Which one is more useful to learn? I technically have to learn both but I could probably get away with only knowing one of them. Do any of you have experience with French or German? If so how hard is it?
I have experience with both languages and French is certainly easier
Most the vocabulary in English is derived from French anyway so you don't need to learn nearly as much as with German
Case system in German is a pain because of all the declensions you need to memorize and the syntax isn't anything like with English

French has more speakers as well and German is only really useful if you're in Europe

I have experience with both languages and French is certainly easier
Most the vocabulary in English is derived from French anyway so you don't need to learn nearly as much as with German
Case system in German is a pain because of all the declensions you need to memorize and the syntax isn't anything like with English

French has more speakers as well and German is only really useful if you're in Europe
whats so hard about the German declensions? I grew up learning Latin so the idea of declensions and neutral genders isnt confusing to me. Also aren't most English everyday/basic words more Germanic and more complicated words French/Latin based?

the pronunciation does seem brutal but I've also heard it is easier grammatically than german
I learnt French in school and have to say that it's grammatically pretty similar to German.
In both languages the verb form is different for all personal pronouns, that probably makes it kind of different for native English speakers.

I learnt French in school and have to say that it's grammatically pretty similar to German.
In both languages the verb form is different for all personal pronouns, that probably makes it kind of different for native English speakers.
weird that verbs are gendered. Latin is more based on person amount (we vs just I for example) than gender.

do you plan on ever visiting or do people speak it locally? I'd just learn what would be more useful tbh, but if it's just for fun I'd go with german

do you plan on ever visiting or do people speak it locally? I'd just learn what would be more useful tbh, but if it's just for fun I'd go with german
I have to learn it for academia and for reading research/journals in other languages. Though if I learned either I would plan on talking to people online with it.

whats so hard about the German declensions? I grew up learning Latin so the idea of declensions and neutral genders isnt confusing to me. Also aren't most English everyday/basic words more Germanic and more complicated words French/Latin based?
I'm not used to having both case and gender declensions because I learnt German much after I learnt English and French tbh
Since you already know Latin it shouldn't be that foreign I guess, it's just a lot of memorization you have to do.

Also aren't most English everyday/basic words more Germanic and more complicated words French/Latin based?
A lot of them are Germanic but there are a surprising amount of French ones too
It's not that big of an advantage tbh

I have to learn it for academia and for reading research/journals in other languages. Though if I learned either I would plan on talking to people online with it.
French is going to have more in common if you're doing it for this purpose

I'm not used to having both case and gender declensions because I learnt German much after I learnt English and French tbh
Since you already know Latin it shouldn't be that foreign I guess, it's just a lot of memorization you have to do.

A lot of them are Germanic but there are a surprising amount of French ones too
It's not that big of an advantage tbh

French is going to have more in common if you're doing it for this purpose
oh is French more academically useful? At least in History since I know German is more useful if you are STEMmaxxing (esp. Physics. with Medical Latin is probably more useful)

French has more speakers. German is cooler.
I learned French in school because my country is bilingual
French is fun but it gets confusing, especially when writing, because of the amount of verb tenses (10 or so)

german sounds way better than french tbh

French has more speakers. German is cooler.
I learned French in school because my country is bilingual
French is fun but it gets confusing, especially when writing, because of the amount of verb tenses (10 or so)
brutal, though I heard German has a lot of verb tenses as well.
german sounds way better than french tbh
tbhtbh. its also x10s easier to pronounce.

brutal, though I heard German has a lot of verb tenses as well.
German has only six and they correspond with the English ones so it's not too difficult
French ones aren't nearly as bad as people make it out to be tbh

German has only six and they correspond with the English ones so it's not too difficult
French ones aren't nearly as bad as people make it out to be tbh
I suck at languages ngl so Im sure I will find it hard. at least with French and German I can practice with native speakers, unlike Latin

Oui oui p p

German would probably be a bit easier if english is your native language but I dont think either would be too difficult. It all depends on what you want to do. German is only spoken in germsny and austria but french and french variants are spoken all over the world. But realistically, if you go to france or germany everyone will speak english so you wouldnt have too much trouble in those places anyways. Theres lots of cool shit to read in both languages if you like reading,

But if you are not planning to ever really use the language and you just have to learn one I would pick German because that would be easier to learn.

German would probably be a bit easier if english is your native language but I dont think either would be too difficult. It all depends on what you want to do. German is only spoken in germsny and austria but french and french variants are spoken all over the world. But realistically, if you go to france or germany everyone will speak english so you wouldnt have too much trouble in those places anyways. Theres lots of cool shit to read in both languages if you like reading,

But if you are not planning to ever really use the language and you just have to learn one I would pick German because that would be easier to learn.
When my brother was in France everyone just spoke French pretty much tbh. He lucked out though since all his friends speak French and spoke it at a young age so it wasn't hard getting around + they had a bunch that were living there so it wasn't too bad. My parents had the same issue as well but they dont speak french at all so RIP them. They only got around since my brother's friends parents would just speak French when they needed it (they were French themselves)

If you can get past the faggy, nasal sound of the language, French has more international utility. The whole point of learning a language is to speak and be literate. You won't get much return on your time invested, if not many people speak the language you're learning. English, Arabic and French are the languages of the UN. French is spoken in over two dozen countries, whereas German is spoken in only a handful.

If you can get past the faggy, nasal sound of the language, French has more international utility. The whole point of learning a language is to speak and be literate. You won't get much return in your time invested, if not many people speak the language you're learning. English, Arabic and French are the languages of the UN. French is spoken in over two dozen countries, whereas German is spoken in only a handful.
tfw already have a shitty nasally voice :feelsbadman: will that help with french?

tfw already have a shitty nasally voice :feelsbadman: will that help with french?

Possibly. Voice is a skill. Some people couldn't pronounce a word, if their life depended on it.

Possibly. Voice is a skill. Some people couldn't pronounce a word, if their life depended on it.
true. My dad has a hard time pronouncing stuff because of his accent. Its funny since when he was in England everyone thought he was from Australia but at that time he never went there never mind lived there.

There is no language for your face

The easier one

I think French is easier, the grammer of German is quite irritating to learn I assume. Also French is better because it is spoken in many African countries where you could westernermaxx and probably actually find a wife, German is almost only spoken in the cucked country that is Germany

German, fuck learning French. I hate it

I tried german and it fucking pissed me off. So uneven verb conjugation, a couple dozens tables to learn by heart just to start using it and expanding your vocabulary. French would find even more pain and even less use as I imagine. National media production is basically dead in both. If you don't plan to live there highly doubt you could find enough content of interest in either of these languages that doesn't exist in English. Still german is very appealing to my eye and ear, probably more so than japanese or spanish or whatever shit they go for as a second/third language.

Last edited:
French sounds gay. Go with German.

Choose language your most enthusiastic about rather than utility. I tried learning French and Spanish in past but due to bad teachers and no enthusiasm I did not make progress. Enthusiasm is. king when learning a language, if you have no enthusiasm, you will be half assed at studying your desired language, and will never be able to reach professional level anyway.

I'd choose it based on what authors do you find more interesting, german or french philosophers?

Enthusiasm is king when learning a language
This. You need to like it's culture and it's people, the reward of learning a language is ultimately getting close to people that you relate in some way.

This. You need to like it's culture and it's people, the reward of learning a language is ultimately getting close to people that you relate in some way.
I am learning it for uni so I guess I should find out which one is used more. I think the french might use French more vs Germans using German tbh. The french have a weird pride in only speaking French where I find most germans will just use whatever language will work best.

Choose language your most enthusiastic about rather than utility. I tried learning French and Spanish in past but due to bad teachers and no enthusiasm I did not make progress. Enthusiasm is. king when learning a language, if you have no enthusiasm, you will be half assed at studying your desired language, and will never be able to reach professional level anyway.
If it was a few years ago (esp. when I was a kid) I would 100% choose German but now I'm not so sure tbh. I don't know of any media in either language that I really want to learn about/consume that much.
Well than german
I see

German. German and Austrian foids are more attractive, so if you ever ascend, it will actually be useful.

German, fuck learning French. I hate it
Do you know how to speak French (or did you at least take a class in it?)
German. German and Austrian foids are more attractive, so if you ever ascend, it will actually be useful.
I doubt I will ever ascend, especially not with a Germanic foid since they are so tall.