Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Should I go to my office Christmas party?

Pancakecel

Pancakecel

You get what you fucking deserve
★★★★★
Basically, they all think I'm a weirdo, like most people do. They all go quiet around me, and give a wide eyed terrified look when I am around. Should I just go to make people uncomfortable, or is it a waste of time?

I remember when I walked into one of the offices, as some new person needed their laptop looking into for whatever reason and this newbie just looked at me in fear. Did what I needed to do, left and all I heard as I was leaving is "He's scary looking" then another one went "It's the eyes". Everyone else gets on and has their shitty NORMIE banter, and I get nothing.

The idea that a workplace needs to act as a "family" is incredibly weird to me. The people you work with need only be acquaintances, not friends or activity buddies. I would tell them I'm politely declining as I want to maintain distant professionality (assuming you care about your job).

The idea that a workplace needs to act as a "family" is incredibly weird to me. The people you work with need only be acquaintances, not friends or activity buddies. I would tell them I'm politely declining as I want to maintain distant professionality (assuming you care about your job).
Fair enough

Depends on how big your company is.
If it's big, don't go.
If it's small, go there and leave early.

If it's big, don't go.
This. The only reason to go to the Christmas "party" of a big soulless corporation is that the cost of the food and drinks has been indirectly taken out of your wage so you might as well eat and drink.

If you are low inhib enough then yes. You will get a free meal + drinks and you can make them feel uncomfortable with your appearance. That would be based.

If you are low inhib enough then yes. You will get a free meal + drinks and you can make them feel uncomfortable with your appearance. That would be based.
This sounds like the best option. They don't like you anyway, so there's no point in trying to be social with them. Just turn up, enjoy your free food and drinks and leave.