Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Should autists be themselves or try to act normie?

schizoidcel_11

schizoidcel_11

Banned
-
When around females? Everyone hates autists and thinks we're assholes. But then again autism is pretty close to dark triad, so foids might actually like the aloofness and coldness that autisticels exhibit.

If you try to be normie, your autism will be even more evident and embarrassing. Human beings have a scent for autism in your body language and speech patterns. And autism is pretty much opposite of dark triad. They're both bad choices but better to just be autistic imo.

I tried to larp being NT

Never worked. It just made everything worse.

Unironically just be yourself. You're fucked anyway so it doesn't matter at least you can make normtrash uncomfortable.

It’s a lose lose either way

How do you act normally though? I have often no idea what to talk about with other people, and I am therefore often quiet in social settings.

Normielarp is just for hobbybuxx.

Your attempts to act NT will fail as your own brain will sabotage you, add to that your fucked up body language signals being different to the universal standard & eye contact aversion or overbearing stare combined with poor timing of social cues dictating when to talk, well you ain't falling anyone pal; just try to be low inhibition & not give two shits; not that it's easy for many of us. Funnily enough the more sperg & lower functioning you are, the more likely you are to be low inhibition & not have anxiety; I wonder if that's due to a lack of awareness & focus on your own situation & picking up on how others are treating you.

Can't be worried about what you don't know. If you're aware there's a poisonous snake 10 feet from you in the tall grass then you'll likely be on edge but if you didn't know of it's presence you wouldn't be concerned.

Last edited:
if you're not low functioning then it doesn't really matter, really...

also, are you schizoid or truly autist?

But then again autism is pretty close to dark triad

true autism is the opposite of dark triad.

Last edited:
Either way it'd be over for them

if you're not low functioning then it doesn't really matter, really...

also, are you schizoid or truly autist?

Autistics make terrible liars. It's very transparent & being honest in many situations gets you in some shit.

Autistics make terrible liars. It's very transparent & being honest in many situations gets you in some shit.

Yeah, basically OP is coping;

empathy is usually divided in emotional and cognitive empathy, which the first is being able to put yourself in someone else's shoes. The latter is identifying people's emotional response and reading body and face language intuitively. Autists normally have very acute emotional empathy but really suck at reading other people, while psychopaths are just the opposite

then again OP is wrong about this statement :

But then again autism is pretty close to dark triad

^true autism is the opposite of dark triad.

Last edited:
empathy is usually divided in emotional and cognitive empathy, which the first is being able to put yourself in someone else's shoes. The latter is identifying people's emotional response and reading body and face language intuitively. Autists normally have very acute emotional empathy but really suck at reading other people, while psychopaths are just the opposite
Only having emotional empathy makes no sense to me though. How could you care about others’ emotions if you do not understand them?

Only having emotional empathy makes no sense to me though. How could you care about others’ emotions if you do not understand them?
It's a question of the situation being explained, if you understand the negativity of experiencing something & see someone else going through it you know that pain & feel bad for the person or control yourself.

On the other hand if there's little things going on like reading a look, pose, pitch change in voice or understand that what is being said or not said holds the opposite meaning with no pre explanation then you completely miss what's being said between the lines or your voice comes across as monotone & ppl expect you to mirror the way they would have responded which you did not; so ppl misunderstand you.

Basically we need a manual for stuff that either has unwritten rules, rules of engagement flip flop on the fly or are taken for granted as understood & thought not to be necessary to teach.

Many Autistics work in patterns or go into a conversation with a preconception of the act, sort of rehearsing their lines & when the flow goes off script then we're lost as fuck as we don't understand the rules & limitations of this interaction & as such come across as flustered, disinterested or stiff, awkward.

We lack spontaneity & being able to adlib off the cuff while being good at structured tasks we can imagine with good accuracy to the actual outcome. It's why you'll get an autistic that will happily do a task for hours on end without complaint or stay at a job for as long as possible, we feel safe in the sense we're not encountering the unknown that throws us for a loop & could lead to bad times that we're not skilled at navigating.

NT ppl on the other hand bore easily & need constant fresh experiences to stay focused.

A little thing about eye contact, personally I have to force it & two negative side effects I can experience from it are:

1 - Losing track of my thoughts & fucking up what I was saying mid sentence like I got distracted.
2 - feeling uneasy & shaking a little like some sort of weird sensation has burrowed into my head, sort of like a cold chill up your spine but not really.

Now the thing is why the fuck is that, could it be some sort of PTSD thing or is there something in my brain sending those signals out without being consciously aware of it.

Why is the eye contact aversion associated with ASD.

Last edited:
Depends how severe I think. The autists ik irl are so hopelessly retarded thats its futile and they should just spergmaxx for low inhib lols. If you can maybe pass as just slightly weird its maybe worth it though

Why is the eye contact aversion associated with ASD.

Eye contact provokes a threat response in the amygdala of autists, and in this respect we follow a rich biological tradition seen in many species, whereby eye contact is associated with a challenge to one's status.

If anything, autists are the normal ones, and the way that NTs fake their entire system of social interactions, whether through forced eye contact or feigned laughter with each other, reveals them to be sheep whose mannerisms are primarily evolved for group cohesion (i.e. acquiescing to their psychopathic masters and being their slaves) rather than individual dignity.

Last edited:
Eye contact provokes a threat response in the amygdala of autists, and in this respect we follow a rich biological tradition seen in many species, whereby eye contact is associated with a challenge to one's status.

If anything, autists are the normal ones, and the way that NTs fake their entire system of social interactions, whether through forced eye contact or feigned laughter with each other, reveals them to be sheep whose mannerisms are primarily evolved for group cohesion (i.e. acquiescing to their psychopathic masters and being their slaves) rather than individual dignity.
I see so due to traumatic earlier life experiences we store those memories & the eye contact reignites those memories & cause a stressful response due to that part of the brain lighting up? Well shit.

Worded poorly but basically it's ingrained in us & we're looking to memories to figure out how to respond based on past patterns?

Last edited:
I see so due to traumatic earlier life experiences we store those memories & the eye contact reignites those memories & cause a stressful response due to that part of the brain lighting up? Well shit.
Actually, it is innate, and children with autism do not naturally make eye contact.

Spontaneous eye contact is a normgroid trait, which only serves to empower the superficially charming psychopathic manipulators in a group, who 'assert their dominance' through the eyes.

By staring back at them, you acknowledge their status, but by refusing to, you reject the entire paradigm of the social sphere on which they parasite, which ironically makes you a pariah.

The Dark Triad is not mutually exclusive to neuroticism, and there are many autistic-neurotic killers such as Elliot Rodger (a narcissist, but one whose actions won him eternal glory and justified his ego).

On that note, notice the stern expression on ER in my profile picture. This is the proper way to make eye contact if you are autistic -- to look as though you will kill the other person. It has always been customary for me.

Last edited:
Actually, it is innate, and children with autism do not naturally make eye contact.

Spontaneous eye contact is a normgroid trait, which only serves to empower the superficially charming psychopathic manipulators in a group, who 'assert their dominance' through the eyes.

By staring back at them, you acknowledge their status, but by refusing to, you reject the entire paradigm of the social sphere on which they parasite, which ironically makes you a pariah.

The Dark Triad is not mutually exclusive to neuroticism, and there are many autistic-neurotic killers such as Elliot Rodger (a narcissist, but one whose actions won him eternal glory and justified his ego).

On that note, notice the stern expression on ER in my profile picture. This is the proper way to make eye contact if you are autistic -- to look as though you will kill the other person. It has always been customary for me.
Oh shit dude, no wonder I was easy pickings for bullying & could never form friendships worth a damn.

Explains this lol -