Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Shoujo Anime & Manga: How I got Blackpilled before I knew what the Blackpill was

• Thread starter Deleted member 23656
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23656

Self-banned
-
Disclaimer: Those of you who are familiar with the Blackpill will already know this. Those who are new to the Blackpill or want to know more, keep reading.

Back when I was much younger and more bluepilled (With a fuck load more time), I was a much bigger weeaboo. I obviously saw casual stuff like Naruto or DBZ as well as more mature stuff like Berserk or Cowboy Bebop. However I always felt it would be narrow minded to miss out Shoujo stuff so I tried getting into a few Shoujo series.

To this day, I think I have dropped almost every single Shoujo series I tried. I might have finished 1 or 2 at most.

Why is that? Was I too much of a low IQ pleb to appreciate high art? I pondered this for many years until I discovered the Blackpill. Then the answer became so apparent.

It’s because I’m not a fucking female! That’s why!

Some background info for those non-weeaboos. Shounen is a target audience for teenage boys. Most popular series in Shounen are like Naruto, DBZ and My Hero Academia. Chances are you already know this. Shoujo is a target audience for teenage girls. Some popular series include Sailor Moon, Kaichou Maid Sama and Itazura na Kiss. Since you probably don’t know what they are just think Twilight or 50 shades of Grey and you’ll get it. Its all the same shit anyway.

Female main character

- Crybaby
- Average Looking
- Dumb
- Closet masochist
- Weak willed
- Shallow
- Useless (Even if she’s strong the Male Love Interest will always be stronger since females don’t date down)
- Always needs to be saved by Male Love Interest

Male Love Interest

- Always a Gary Stu Tier character
- Asshole (Dark Triad Traits)
- At least 6 foot
- Rich as fuck (Usually Heir to a Fortune 500 business)
- Insanely popular
- Always the smartest in school

Your typical “plot” of Shoujo series
  • Plain Jane is an ordinary schoolgirl
  • Plain Jane meets Gigachad who is a cunt to her but hints he wants her
  • Tons of Drama between them. Gigachad keeps beating up Plain Jane but she keeps coming back!
  • Jealous girl declares herself Plain Jane’s Rival in Love for Gigachad
  • More bullying drama with it being resolved by Jealous Girl becoming Plain Jane’s best friend
  • Tons of shit about a confession and eventually Plain Jane and Gigachad enter a relationship
  • Suddenly Gigabrad shows up and it turns out he also wants Plain Jane
  • Now we have a love triangle with more drama and conflict! Who will Plain Jane choose? Are you Team Gigachad or Team Gigabrad?
  • In the end Gigachad wins because the Author already invested so much time in him and also Gigabrad will always have one area he isn’t as strong in such as being an inch shorter than Gigachad
  • At the ending, Plain Jane and Gigachad get married with the entire cast cheering them on as they live happily ever after!
Pretty much every shoujo series I saw followed this structure to an extent. Thank god I didn’t waste anymore time on it and just googled the ending which turned out to disappointingly end just as I predicted in this structure.

Now the Blackpill part.

The truth is almost every Shoujo Series follows this structure and tropes because this is how the female brain works.

Us men want to see the Hero’s journey. How we set out to face a challenge, what actions to take and grow as a result of overcoming it. That’s why in shit like Naruto its: I will work my ass to become strong enough so I can become Hokage.

However females don’t wanna see stupid shit like personal growth and how to strategically overcome obstacles. That’s why the female MC doesn’t actually need to do anything since really it’s the Chad pursuing her. But even the male MC doesn’t grow much since he’s a Gary Stu right at the start and can pretty much do everything. Show don’t tell doesn’t seem to be a requirement in Shoujo and we rarely see in detail how an insanely overpowered person came into existence and why he somehow out of all people picked the female MC. In the end its pretty much a flat character arc with just lots of bickering and drama until the author decides to end the series by making them realize they love each other.

To put it bluntly, we want to see ourselves train hard and become the man to cross the finishing line first. Females see themselves wanting to wait at the finishing line so they can fuck the Chad that crosses it first. It’s the responsibility of a man to achieve his ambition. For a female, it seems she is entitled to Prince Charming without needing to put much work in (I mean he’s already pursuing her from the start ffs)

So yeah. Shoujo series are a reflection of the female mind. They fantasize about Gigachad lusting and chasing after them. The funny thing is Harem animes are seen as low-brow neckbeard otaku shit since its females chasing after our worthless Male MC. But when it’s a Gigachad chasing after a worthless Female MC, it’s a critically acclaimed masterpiece and socially acceptable to view.

On a side note, I kinda liked the first Sailor Moon Anime (90s one). Wanna know why? Its coz it was directed by men and focused a lot on fighting, slice of life, comedy etc. They actually got into an argument with the female author about direction. Later on I watched the new anime (2010s one) which is more faithful to the original author’s work and I ended up dropping it before season 1 even ended.

Last edited:
It's a funny coincidence that you posted this because I just got done finishing the first season of Sailor Moon (the original series from the 90s) and am now watching Sailor Moon R. I do think Sailor Moon is one of the more men-friendly shoujo series out there but as you said, even that show is kind of a self-insert fantasy for young foids. The MC even fantasizes about marrying both of her Chad love interests, one of which is a dark triad Chad who treats her like shit and attempts to kill her several times near the end of the series.

Kare kano is one of the few exceptions to the rule. 7 seeds has all the elements you've mentioned for a shoujo series but things are done differently since it's not your average girly series. Shoujo and Romantic stuff in anime/manga is very flawed in general.

Don't the slightly feminine nonchalant gigachad. :feelskek: The only shoujos I can rmb now are Maid Sama n Ao Haru Ride. I can't stand these shows or most anime anymore.
Only exception now might be A Silent Voice but idk if u can consider it a shoujo, oh wait
she falls for her bully

Download 3

I never enjoyed any shoujo series tbh. I prefer seinen. But that's comprehensible since guys my age are the target audience.

It's a funny coincidence that you posted this because I just got done finishing the first season of Sailor Moon (the original series from the 90s) and am now watching Sailor Moon R. I do think Sailor Moon is one of the more men-friendly shoujo series out there but as you said, even that show is kind of a self-insert fantasy for young foids. The MC even fantasizes about marrying both of her Chad love interests, one of which is a dark triad Chad who treats her like shit and attempts to kill her several times near the end of the series.

Its still way better than the new series Sailor Moon Crystal. The female MC basically tries to kill herself coz she was forced to attack Tuxedo Mask even though the main villain is trying to take over the world at the moment. An incredibly selfish action but hey Foids do anything for Chad. That's how you can tell the series is much close to the female author's original intent lol

Its still way better than the new series Sailor Moon Crystal. The female MC basically tries to kill herself coz she was forced to attack Tuxedo Mask even though the main villain is trying to take over the world at the moment. An incredibly selfish action but hey Foids do anything for Chad. That's how you can tell the series is much close to the female author's original intent lol
I was never going to watch Crystal because it looks like shit compared to the original series but it's good to know that the writing is worse as well.

Th most cucked anime I have watched is Darling in the franxx and Charlotte. Darling in the franxx is the most cucked though because the asshole guy cucks the fat beta guy and gets away with it. The female characters personalities are too realistic. Charlotte because the MC is an asshole, he has supernatural powers that can make him king of the world but cucks out because of a girl. The guy was not bad looking either.

Needless to say, none of them got what they deserved.

Th most cucked anime I have watched is Darling in the franxx and Charlotte. Darling in the franxx is the most cucked though because the asshole guy cucks the fat beta guy and gets away with it.

Kokoro fucking another guy and getting pregnant right after she promised the fat guy that they will be together forever is fucking disgusting.And no one gave two fucks about this shit in anime,only a fat guy cried for a bit because he got cuckolded,and that was shown as funny and nothing serious.
I think that even mainstream animes about battles,psychology and etc will push the borders of cuckoldry further in future years.

Kare kano is one of the few exceptions to the rule. 7 seeds has all the elements you've mentioned for a shoujo series but things are done differently since it's not your average girly series. Shoujo and Romantic stuff in anime/manga is very flawed in general.
I watched Kare Kano the anime coz it was directed by Hideaki Anno (Guy behind EVA) and it was actually funny. I then moved to the manga and dropped it very quickly.

Again like Sailor Moon, there was a disagreement between Anno and the foid author. It was one of the reasons the anime ended prematurely. It was clearly obvious Anno was the one who knew what he was doing.

dnr.

anime is for faggots.