Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Severely blackpilled movie recommendation: Mystic River (2003)

Celius

Celius

-
It was a dark tale of when the evil always wins and how the weak and abused, regardless of how good-hearted they may be, are bound to live a cold life ahead all because they were dead from the moment things started going wrong for them. Basically a glorified rendition of how could it be over if it never began? kind of story. It was unbelievably blackpilling.

The rest of this is spoilers territory so if you haven’t already watched the movie or read the novel, then alright then jfl.

When that fucking cunt Celeste sold out her husband to that savage fucking darktriad thugmaxxed no good piece of shit Jimmy which ultimately resulted in leading Dave to his unfortunate demise, my blood started to boil but seeing her being the only character that’s remarkably miserable in the finale was both lifefuel and suifuel. Lifefuel purely because you get what you fucking deserve especially when you betray your family like that, BUT! BUT! Dave was unkind and dishonest with her!:soy: Yeah, no, shut the fuck up, even if he were to be honest, she’d have still ratted him out (you have to understand, she wasn’t comfortable around him not just because of him killing the child molester, but because of him being molested as a child :blackpill:) and suifuel because of her now fatherless son most likely ending up like his dad; the apple didn’t fall far from the tree afterall.

But what really stuck with me as extremely depressing and blackpilled was Dave’s tragedy. It goes to manifestly reveal itself that EVEN if against all odds you go and get a girl and manage to somehow establish a family at the end of the day as a trucel, your misery won’t just randomly fade away. When you’ve been victimized and persecuted, the rest is a twist of fate. Once a loser, always a loser.

My gripes with the movie: the plot “twist.” I fucking called who the killer was as soon as the gun’s owner was revealed so there goes your being ahead of the viewer in your crime movie, and Sean turning a fucking 180 out of nowhere in the end and deciding to let go of Jimmy after realizing what he did all the sudden was extremely out of character but unless it’s been portrayed better in the novel then I guess that’s just Lehane’s way of putting emphasis on how both Sean and Jimmy, being the fucking normad scum they’ve always been, chose to let go of that past life that was once tainted with remorse or whatever after Dave’s incident during their childhood which again, perfectly exposes how the world is bound to reward those who’ve had a normal life, free of any abuse, isolation, despair, etc. as opposed to not being borderline merciless to the subhumans.

The soundtrack was also unforgettable. Overall, I’d give it a solid 7/10. Not a bad watch. Not a bad watch at all.