Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming sell me on Nintendo Switch guys

Sheogorath

Sheogorath

Paragon
★★★★★
apparently it doesn't come with any games but if you connect it to the internet there's some you can download and install for free?

has a small screen so I can play out in backyard, but can hook up to a big TV where available for better res? is it HDMI only for that?

what games are worth the money? some only for pay-to-DL or cartrige?

I’d get it only for Pokémon. None of the other games interest me

Only really worth it if you benefit from portability, otherwise its weak and its games are overpriced.

- You're a Nintendo fan.
Part of it is I've enjoyed the LoZ series in the past and never played Skyward Sword, was intending to buy it for my Wii (still got it) but apparently they're making a remastered version for the switch, so it seemed like fate.

- Your lifestyle can't allow you to have a PC or console so you need a handheld device to play video games on it.
Part of it is that while I have a PC set up for gaming now there's constant stomping overhead which ruins my zen so I'm thinking once weather cools in the autumn I might take a portable system down to a park or something and play on a bench where if it's not quiet it's at least a different kind of noisy.

It's not interesting for someone who had a WII U and a DS because a lot of games are just portages. just check the best selling games, you can see that many of the titles existed in previous systems.
Yeah I ended up skipping those gens, I'm probably going to leap right from a PS2 to a PS5 as well
Also the switch lite doesn't even have a camera which i find weird cuz the DS had a lot of fonctionnalities that used it.
Doesn't the Lite also prevent plugging to TVs? fuck that

It also doesn't have bluetooth so no earbuds so no zoomer drip. wich is fucking funny since some people opened it and ends up the wifi card support bluetooth lol they just disabled it.
don't the XboxOne and PS3/4/5 all have bluetooth controllers? fuck... I actually have some bluetooth headphoens I bought so that would suck

For games it's not a problem since Nintendo are dog shit at security and both the switch and switch lite have already been hacked. although the Lite has to get a ship installed to play pirated games which can be complicated for non experienced people but the regular switch it's just a software hack so anyone can do it.
I should probably just buy a bluetooth controller (guessing used ps3 would do the job) to use with my PC (has bluetooth options) to play steam games

fuck I already bought like 10 of them and haven't played a single one because my wrist hurts using keyboard/mouse for too long, need that ergonomics I'm a geezer

Emulate Skyward Sword and BOTW
my experience with emulators in past only went as far as NES/SNES even though there were N64 emulators at the time my old PCs couldn't get them to work

I could probably run anything now but I'd need to code controllers

also I'm kind of worried like what if I use up my PC faster by gaming? maybe I should have a gamestation for gaming and save PC for chatting and shit

... except I bought a higher-end one with processing/RAM/SSD just so I could do shit like gaming, so if I just use it to IRC then it's kind of going to waste...

in terms of anime though I really ought to find a way to port that onto USBs to watch on a pulldown projector in my bed, sitting in a computer chair (especially one without neck support) watching anime for hours is something I probably won't be able to manage for as long as I did in my youth

I have a decent gaming pc and a beautiful 4k tv. I greatly prefer to sit in my comfy chair recline and game on a huge display in 4k. I bought the switch lite just for mario kart and breath of the wild. Honestly not worth it imho. 200 for system plus 60 for two game equals 320 bucks. The switch looks like shit on a large display (blurry/blocky due to low power). I tried to shave cost with a lite since i knew going in it would collect dust. Just wanted to buy back the feeling of gaming on my gameboy/gamecube. To be honest those days are just a fucking memory and will never come back no matter what you spend.

Just emulate boyo, you already invested into the superior platform. Pc parts don't wear out from being used, they wear out when overclocked or when not cooled properly.

I have a decent gaming pc and a beautiful 4k tv. I greatly prefer to sit in my comfy chair recline and game on a huge display in 4k. I bought the switch lite just for mario kart and breath of the wild. Honestly not worth it imho. 200 for system plus 60 for two game equals 320 bucks. The switch looks like shit on a large display (blurry/blocky due to low power). I tried to shave cost with a lite since i knew going in it would collect dust. Just wanted to buy back the feeling of gaming on my gameboy/gamecube. To be honest those days are just a fucking memory and will never come back no matter what you spend.

Just emulate boyo, you already invested into the superior platform. Pc parts don't wear out from being used, they wear out when overclocked or when not cooled properly.
I got a lite too, mainly for Mario Odyssey and I kinda regret it now, the game was just meh and I have little else to play on it that I can't play on PC.

I got a lite too, mainly for Mario Odyssey and I kinda regret it now, the game was just meh and I have little else to play on it that I can't play on PC.
Exactly, Nintendo was amazing as a child. Many good memories. It was my escape from the world. I was hoping to buy back my childhood in a way but that never works. Honestly Nintendo is trash value. Pc is the ultimate ldar machine.

Exactly, Nintendo was amazing as a child. Many good memories. It was my escape from the world. I was hoping to buy back my childhood in a way but that never works. Honestly Nintendo is trash value. Pc is the ultimate ldar machine.
I've got a bunch of handheld devices for a similar reason, trying to relive my childhood sorta thing. But I'd rather just play on PC, I started playing the Ys games on Vita until I realized I could just play them on PC with better graphics and 144 fps instead of 30.

It is nintendo which made supermario. And it can be used as portable handheld gadget. Games on nintendo are shit and overpriced.

I’m not buying what you’re selling so no

I've got a bunch of handheld devices for a similar reason, trying to relive my childhood sorta thing. But I'd rather just play on PC, I started playing the Ys games on Vita until I realized I could just play them on PC with better graphics and 144 fps instead of 30.
I bet a lot of brocels do this. It's sad that the only thing in our lives worth reliving are gaming alone on old ass consoles. I have a psp, switch lite, and 3ds myself. I still want to buy a ds lite because muh childhood. Tryna fight the urge cause i know it ain't worth it.

I bet a lot of brocels do this. It's sad that the only thing in our lives worth reliving are gaming alone on old ass consoles. I have a psp, switch lite, and 3ds myself. I still want to buy a ds lite because muh childhood. Tryna fight the urge cause i know it ain't worth it.
DS systems are pretty cheap and the dual screen isn't great emulated on PC/phone. I don't think it's bad if you like its games.

Send me Switch for free faggots.

I had a PSP and played Dark Hero Days on it for a while but it got mysteirously stole so now I bought PC version of Disgaeas instead but I really need controller to grind

looking forward to being able to disable animations for faster grinding tho

I still have PS2 copy of Disgaea 1, in all it's repeated-animation glory

HTURSDAY

The only reasons i can think off are:

- You're a Pokemon fan and you wanna play Sword and Shield.

- You wanna play Animal crossing.

- You're a Nintendo fan.

- You never had any Nintendo system and you wanna get into the universe.

- Your lifestyle can't allow you to have a PC or console so you need a handheld device to play video games on it.

It's not interesting for someone who had a WII U and a DS because a lot of games are just portages. just check the best selling games, you can see that many of the titles existed in previous systems.

View: https://youtu.be/Qxs_tObi_DQ

Also the switch lite doesn't even have a camera which i find weird cuz the DS had a lot of fonctionnalities that used it. maybe it's a way of saying that there would still be making new DS systems but i really doubt that because i can't think of anything new that they would bring to the DS and if you remember when it came out they said that the DS is a new line and not a continuation of the Gameboy but it was a lie. they just said that so if DS fails they would create a new Gameboy like nothing happened.

It also doesn't have bluetooth so no earbuds so no zoomer drip. wich is fucking funny since some people opened it and ends up the wifi card support bluetooth lol they just disabled it.

For games it's not a problem since Nintendo are dog shit at security and both the switch and switch lite have already been hacked. although the Lite has to get a ship installed to play pirated games which can be complicated for non experienced people but the regular switch it's just a software hack so anyone can do it.

Wow :feelsUgh:

DS systems are pretty cheap and the dual screen isn't great emulated on PC/phone. I don't think it's bad if you like its games.
maybe would be cheaper to obtain and apparently that can plug into a TV as well

I’d get it only for Pokémon. None of the other games interest me
I will mever understand buying a console just for one particular game.

RainerNLM

I will mever understand buying a console just for one particular game.
That’s why I never bought the Switch in the first place. I’m an Xboxcel because there’s lots of games I do play on Xbox.

I’m probably going to buy a used Switch on eBay or something. Not a brand new one.

The switch is GIGA BASED!!

It’s custom built for loser loners like me
:dab::dab::dab::dab:

i like Octopath Traveler, Monster Hunter Rise, Bravely Default 2

also I'm kind of worried like what if I use up my PC faster by gaming?
PCs should work for decades even under heavy stress, otherwise their components are just faulty.

PCs should work for decades even under heavy stress, otherwise their components are just faulty.
cheap stuff is sometimes built-to-fail so yeah if I go for deals there might be a faulty

my last one it was the wifi card slowly dying out after 15 years of use and when I replaced it I somehow fucked the fan

apparently it doesn't come with any games but if you connect it to the internet there's some you can download and install for free?

has a small screen so I can play out in backyard, but can hook up to a big TV where available for better res? is it HDMI only for that?

what games are worth the money? some only for pay-to-DL or cartrige?
Not gonna be a soy defender, but I own a switch and when I do play it, there's lots of first-party titles to play, you can browse youtube or twitch on it now if you want, and there are also a ton of PC games being ported to the switch. If you like Mario games and buy Mario Maker 2, you can probably play 100 new levels every day for years and never hit a repeat.