Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Self-induced BDD

whogivesafucc

whogivesafucc

Banned
-
I feel like the moment I discovered r/incels and all the other shit like it, my mentality has gotten 9 billion times worse. I used to only think I was a little ugly, but now I don't even feel like I slightly resemble a fucking human.

You're not ugly, though. You have some flaws like most people out there, but far from ugly. I think you should get that idea out of your head.

What you're probably doing is comparing yourself to male models and different autistic ratios made up by the PSL community, which is never a great idea.

Same. For me, it's a mix of being objectively ugly, and my BDD just exaggerates it alot further.

Same. Before I used to just be insecure about my nose but now I'm constantly fretting about my jawline as well.

CopingGymcel said:

It is. Think about it, if someone acknowledges that they have BDD then it means they know they aren't ugly. Logically it makes no sense.

youre either a MM or youre ugly

BDD is bullshit.

Framecel222 said:
CopingGymcel said:
It is. Think about it, if someone acknowledges that they have BDD then it means they know they aren't ugly. Logically it makes no sense.

BDD is hell on earth, there should be legal euthanization for people with this disorder. Just lol at not even being able to look at mirrors/reflections, last time I did I threw up and my stomach hurt from adrenaline. So no, it's not a fucking myth. Although yeah, most people with BDD aren't ugly, it's just the fact that your brain is so fucked up it makes you actually think you're the most repulsive creature on planet earth, no matter what evidence there is to the contrary.

Framecel222 said:

People who have BDD don't usually acknowledge that they have BDD. Some do, but that's because they realized it through therapy