Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion SCUM Manifesto - A Discussion

• Thread starter sneed (not chuck)
  • Start date
sneed (not chuck)

sneed (not chuck)

Banned
-

Valerie Solanas' SCUM Manifesto has been brought up before, but it was simply copypasted without any contextualization or framing of the text. Can we have an actual meaningful discussion about this text, considering it's a brutal blackpill about what women truly think of men?

Who Is Valerie Solanas?
For those who may be unaware, Solanas is most known for her text titled SCUM Manifesto which is said to stand for ‘Society For Cutting Up Men’, and that is where I’ll be spending the bulk of my time. However, one cannot discuss anything by Solanas without a brief exploration into her life story. According to Solanas, she was sexually abused by her father repeatedly while growing up and physically abused by her grandfather. SCUM Manifesto was first published in 1967, and, a year later she shot the famous pop artist Andy Warhol as well as the art critic Mario Amaya with a .32 automatic.

Warhol required a five-hour surgery but luckily survived. Writing on the event, journalist Sarah Pruitt claims that Valerie believed that the script she had given Warhol, titled Up Your Ass, would be stolen by him. Warhol had, in fact, lost the script and it was later found in a forgotten trunk. After the shooting Valerie handed herself in to the police, claiming that Warhol had too much control over her life.

When she appeared in Manhattan Criminal Court, she claimed “it's not often that I shoot somebody. I didn't do it for nothing. Warhol had tied me up, lock, stock, and barrel. He was going to do something to me which would have ruined me”. She also added “I was right in what I did! I have nothing to regret!” Consequently, she was sent to psychiatric hospital and was declared a paranoid schizophrenic. Andy Warhol, on the other hand, had to wear a surgical corset for the rest of his life and was, understandably, traumatized by the event which left him with a fear of hospitals.

What is SCUM Manifesto?
I would argue that the SCUM manifesto slots in nicely with the rest of what I would dub the ‘killer manifesto subgenre’. When one looks at manifestos left by other violent individuals such as Elliot Rodger, Dylann Roof and many others, we find a very common theme: they all blame some other group for their problems. Elliot Rodger blames women, Dylann Roof blames black people, and Solanas blames men.

On a side note, although, as far as I’m aware, ‘killer manifestos’ isn’t a recognized subgenre, I would argue that it should be. They surprisingly share common themes of alienation and frustration and they often serve as unique reflections of society, although in most cases not in the ways the authors intended.

What does SCUM Manifesto Claim?
On Men:
  • "The male is completely egocentric, trapped inside himself, incapable of empathizing or identifying with others, or love, friendship, affection or tenderness. He is a completely isolated unit, incapable of rapport with anyone"
  • "The male is, nonetheless, obsessed with screwing; he'll swim through a river of snot, wade nostril-deep through a mile of vomit, if he thinks there'll be a friendly pussy awaiting him. He'll screw a woman he despises, any snaggle-toothed hag, and furthermore, pay for the opportunity"
On Women:
  • Solanas also discusses what kind of women she would like to see join SCUM
  • She states that she wants women who are “cool and relatively cerebral and skirting asexuality”
  • She also claims “sex is the refuge of the mindless” before adding “the female can easily - far more easily than she may think - condition away her sex drive, leaving her completely cool and cerebral and free to pursue truly worthy relationships and activities”
On the imagined Society for Cutting Up Men:
  • SCUM should “overthrow the government, eliminate the money system, institute complete automation, and destroy the male sex”
  • “SCUM will kill all men who are not in the Men's Auxiliary of SCUM. Men in the Men's Auxiliary are those men who are working diligently to eliminate themselves, men who, regardless of their motives, do good, men who are playing pall with SCUM.”
  • Solanas also adds that after the SCUM revolution, men who aren’t part of the Men’s Auxiliary “can go off to the nearest friendly suicide center where they will be quietly, quickly, and painlessly gassed to death”.
Thoughts?

Not defending the bitch but Andy Warhol art is fucking trash

Not too much to say, tbh. Deranged and delusional hag with mental illness who got extra angry after Chad didn't fuck her (considering she thinks all men will fuck anything, it must've been an extra insult). Their meme state would collapse in a week (not that there's even the slightest of chances they would succeed in any kind of "revolution". :feelsjuice:

Not too much to say, tbh. Deranged and delusional hag with mental illness who got extra angry after Chad didn't fuck her (considering she thinks all men will fuck anything, it must've been an extra insult). Their meme state would collapse in a week (not that there's even the slightest of chances they would succeed in any kind of "revolution". :feelsjuice:
She is an ugly foid. She also claims she was raped by her father, but its hard to believe anything she says.