Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Say games you didn't like at first but then enjoyed

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
In my case:
-Portal 2: Tried playing it in 2013, at that time I wasn't really into puzzle games so I found it boring and dropped it. In 2021 I bought it along with Portal 1 in the Steam sales and loved it, still think it's a bit overrated but very nice game.
-GTA IV: When I played it for the first time I thought it was a pretty weak GTA game without wacky missions like San Andreas, airplanes and some guns like flamethrower, minigun, etc. However now it's my second favorite GTA game and one of those games I never uninstall. Liberty City feels so immersive and alive and the physics engine is hilarious.

persona 5, strated slow but when it going was very fun. And extremely depressing when I finished it. Massive suifuel when I finished it because in the game I could see the MC have fun and so could I thru him. But when the game ended. The illusion broke and reality broke back in. and the realization I am just a filthy wageslave with no future struck. And there is nothing I can do...

No Limit Texas Holdem. I thought ,"wtf 2 cards? I want 5. And I gotta share these with everyone? Cucked".

I didn't enjoy osu! at first but it became one of my favorite video games

Europa Universalis IV, because it was too complicated (still is), and Fallout 3 because of the weird gameplay and graphics.

Last edited:
persona 5, strated slow but when it going was very fun. And extremely depressing when I finished it. Massive suifuel when I finished it because in the game I could see the MC have fun and so could I thru him. But when the game ended. The illusion broke and reality broke back in. and the realization I am just a filthy wageslave with no future struck. And there is nothing I can do...
Had the same problem with P4, it was cucked ans really soy as MC was chad. But whatever is a really good game nontheless

skyrim, it gets better when you make it past the first areas, but the early parts were boring. Took a few tries.

No Limit Texas Holdem. I thought ,"wtf 2 cards? I want 5. And I gotta share these with everyone? Cucked".
Thats the best form of poker, Chico

Had the same problem with P4, it was cucked ans really soy as MC was chad. But whatever is a really good game nontheless
sad that good games like persona are rare. If they were common. could spend every day and all day playing em.

- Half-Life 2
- Morrowind
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Nehrim
- Glover (N64)
- Game & Watch Gallery 2 & 4
- Star Fox Adventures
- Super Princess Peach
- Hot Wheels: World Race (GameCube)

skyrim, it gets better when you make it past the first areas, but the early parts were boring. Took a few tries.
It's like any RPG you start underpowered and weak but as you level up it gets easier. Until like level 6 or 7 I got killed a lot.

Borderlands 2. Hated the first like 7 or so hours of the game. Then started to understand how the game worked and i really got into it

Yakuza 0 fallout new vegas

Borderlands 2. Hated the first like 7 or so hours of the game. Then started to understand how the game worked and i really got into it
I have to try this one again, I was enjoying it but I got very busy with exams and after I dunno why I didn't continue it.

Witcher 3. I found the game way too hard at first and got pissed off with how fast I was dying.

Eventually, I lowered the difficulty to the easiest setting, and also decided to change the way I played. I now prioritize meditation and gathering resources so I can make swallow, and also try and gather as much food as possible. I also have began to work on upgrading my armor and weapons as much as possible, and upgrade the Queen sign as much.

I also am a big Skyrim fan, so adjusting to combat was difficult.

Played when I was way younger; I want to try it again.

Witcher 3. I found the game way too hard at first and got pissed off with how fast I was dying.

Eventually, I lowered the difficulty to the easiest setting, and also decided to change the way I played. I now prioritize meditation and gathering resources so I can make swallow, and also try and gather as much food as possible. I also have began to work on upgrading my armor and weapons as much as possible, and upgrade the Queen sign as much.

I also am a big Skyrim fan, so adjusting to combat was difficult.
I remember The Witcher 3 was really hard until I reached level 10, even in secondary quests enemies were too strong and my gear was really bad. In Skyrim it's hard until like level 7 unless you play pure mage build which I've never tried because it looks too frustrating.

Played when I was way younger; I want to try it again.
I have to try this one again, I was enjoying it but I got very busy with exams and after I dunno why I didn't continue it.
The game is pretty good but it does have some normie tier millenial humor in it. But for the most part i enjoyed it. And the gameplay is amazing

league of legend at first i didn't understand her but now this game has been with me more than 5 years

Skyrim. Back when it first came out I tried to play through it and just kept getting bored and never finished a playthrough. It's not that I wasn’t a fan of RPGs because I played fallout 3 & NV, oblivion, and the witcher 2 before it but I just couldn't get into it.

It wasn't till 2019 when I played it on PC with a fuck ton quest and QOL mods did I start to enjoy it and even finished the main game, all the DLCs, got every achievement, and beat the ebony warrior.

I remember The Witcher 3 was really hard until I reached level 10, even in secondary quests enemies were too strong and my gear was really bad.
Yeah that's why I am playing on the easiest difficulty right now. I also have gotten better armor and weapons, since I am crafting as much as I can and always gathering resources. Once I reach level 10, I will up it by one.

Super Mario 1, Dark Souls series, Hollow Knight, Terraria, probably a lot of other games too.

I have to play Morrowind after Daggerfall. :feelsgah:
Play Daggerfall: Unity, the Steam version, it's apparently a lot better, and a lot of quality of life and bug-fix improvements have been made to it.

Ratchet and Clank. I was a Jak and Daxter guy and it just felt like a cheap ripoff. I liked it more eventually but still not as much as J and D