Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Based Robert Sapolsky succintly lays out why determinism (blackpill) is a freeing and very humane philosophical position

• Thread starter WorthlessSlavicShit
  • Start date
WorthlessSlavicShit

WorthlessSlavicShit

Luminary
★★★★★
This legitimately reminds me of the "blackpill made me happy/content" posts on here:shock::giga:.

My overwhelmingly emphasis is, if you suddenly are convinced there’s no free will, and that’s a total bummer for you, because that makes your, like, egregiously privileged salary seem like something you did not necessarily earn and your prestigious degrees and your circle of loving friends and all the other things that you feel like you, in some manner, earn, deserve, you’re entitled to, oh, bummer, if that’s not the case. If that’s your response to the idea of there being no free will, by definition, you were one of the lucky ones.
For most people on earth, who were dealing with far less privilege, the notion that we are not the captains of our fate is, like, wildly liberating and humane. I mean, just ask someone who’s genetic profile and metabolism dooms them to obesity and being subject to a lifelong of unhappiness and societal stigma over that, and that’s just one of the billion ways in which the discovery that we’re nothing more or less than the biology over which we had no control and the environment over-, is great news, and is the most humane thing on Earth. All we spent is the last 500 years of scientific insights into seeing that people are not responsible for all sorts of things for which they used to be blamed or made to feel like they are inadequate or burnt at the stake for, and this is wonderfully liberating.

:bigbrain::bigbrain::bigbrain::bigbrain:

Fucking based RobertSapolskycel I love that guy
You should watch his lectures on YT
And for the post, Determinisim and Blackpill are basically in a ven diagram type situation so yeah

You should watch his lectures on YT
Definitely will when I'll have the time for it, just the snippets I've seen posted here were very good.

This is based man.

He is a great academic. I would recommend his books. Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers is a fantastic outline of the consequences associated with stress and inceldom.