Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Rice therapist PROVES DA INKWELS WRONG!

• Thread starter RobertGarnicasAPedo
  • Start date
RobertGarnicasAPedo

RobertGarnicasAPedo

Robert Garnica = Princess_Kitty14. He's a pedo.
★★
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/minority-report/202007/the-incel-ideology

"You ask out girls every chance you can but they shut you off. You cut your hair nice, shave beard nice, have a car, do your best to get ahead and you have a motorcycle and you’re kind and EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU ARE AROUND A WOMAN THEY ARE TREATING YOU LIKE THE WEIRD UNCLE OR LIKE A GODDAMN INFERIOR BEING and yet you meet the guys these women married and they are arrogant, crude, lying obnoxious pricks. So then you AS A NORMAL GUY sign yourself up for POF (Plenty of Fish), Tinder, Match, etc and you message HUNDREDS of women like 400 on POF and you swipe right on EVERY tinder profile and you wait a week or 2 and check back to see how many messages you got and you have ZERO messages on POF and one message on tinder.

"You just weren't born with Brad Pitt’s face. That is your sin. You can be fit, make more money, etc but if you are deemed unattractive you are put in a corner of rejection.”

If you look at this with scrutiny, you can see that evidence of cognitive distortions abounds. There’s usually a reference of self-disgust at one’s appearance (skinny or not attractive enough). But more than that, it leads to a globalized, all-or-nothing assumption that because they don’t have “Brad Pitt’s face” they are relegated to relational purgatory. Another aspect is the blame of others and in this case the other guys who are in relationships with women whom he views as inferior (i.e. "thugs, dealers, rednecks").

He then proceeds to get defensive by sharing how he’s done everything he deems as appropriate to attract women only to be met with rejection. While anger in itself isn’t a thinking error, his distorted thinking leads to what I call “misplaced anger” as indicated by the use of all caps with the anger now being displaced on women who rebuff his advances. Finally, there’s a resignation or a pity-stance where he is the victim of rejection.

In therapy with Incels or men with incel-like tendencies, it’s imperatives to point out these cognitive distortions as they come up, time and time again. In addition, they must learn to reframe these negative thoughts if they are to ever get out of this perpetual cycle of anger, self-defeatism, and victim-hood.

Having worked with a handful of young men with this ideology, I can attest that it’s a slow process but given time, much like work with other populations with similar thinking errors, progress, healing, and healthy living is possible.

Getting zero matches is COGNITIVE DISTORTION, you silly inkwel.

"All-or-nothing assumption."

He got ZERO matches. What's a good synonym for, "zero?"

"Another aspect is the blame of others and in this case the other guys who are in relationships with women whom he views as inferior."

Dr. Dangling Participle sees nothing wrong with women going for the guys with bad personalities. Just don't you dare criticize them for it or you're the problem.

If you are angry at women for lying to you about the fact that they go for looks/money/status, and then claiming men they're not attracted to have bad personalities, this is misplaced anger.

Don't blame women for lying to you. Blame yourself for not sucking it up like a good boy.

i like how he calls it cognitive distortion but provides absolutely zero reasoning as to why it is cognitive distorion

i dont know where comes this "blame women and blablabla", most of us blame our physical traits and not others :feelscomfy:

they like to strawman n shiet

didn't read that article otheriwse id have to go to the fucking store buy some paints and paint my face clown

i like how he calls it cognitive distortion but provides absolutely zero reasoning as to why it is cognitive distorion
:lul: :lul: :lul:
State of psychology in general tbh, one of the fields with the least amount of reproducibility.

But this is therapy, so even more “trust me bro” goes on in here.

@Atavistic Autist right down your ally.