Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Reversing the Virgin Stigma requires Normalization of Asexuality

S

subsaharan

Officer
which probably won't occur until libido reducing drugs (SSRIs and goserelin acetate/GnRH agonists) are made widely-accessible for the explicit purpose of reducing PHYSIOLOGICALLY NORMAL libido (instead of, say, for mood disorders or for hypersexuality/paraphilias), for not only incels, but ANYONE who wants these drugs to stop obsessing about chasing sexual relationships. In other words, it must be normalized in the same way hormonal contraceptives ("the pill") are. 

Thread inspired by r/Braincels thread that linked the below video (which actually does a good job articulating some unfortunate judgments endemic in the West regarding truecels):

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-WCz951EBc[/video]

Important points that weren't mentioned in the video:
  • the sexual revolution and women's liberation was facilitated in large part by the pill/hormonal contraception
  • A similar sort of "change in biology" may be necessary to uproot the normative expectation and cultural celebration of SEX SEX SEX GOTTA HAVE SEX human (primarily male testosterone-fueled) nature and commercial/marketing strategy and resultant stigmatization

thread sponsored in part by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wpca1ZDIRQ

Inb4 thread dies w/ 0 posts lmao w/e

Vast majority of the population still won't bother with this stuff though, unless it's forced somehow

I like how the video hints at who the new targets are - ugly males

7i0e3NO.png

Too bad they never say it explicitly, so the message will largely get ignored.
And asexuality is pretty much a cope, if you are asexual either:

1. your hormones are fucked up
2. you are just shy or dont want to admit that you want sex but cant get it

"Asexual" women just need to meet the right Chad.

Male virginity is a social construct.

subsaharan said:
which probably won't occur until libido reducing drugs (SSRIs and goserelin acetate/GnRH agonists) are made widely-accessible for the explicit purpose of reducing PHYSIOLOGICALLY NORMAL libido
what do you mean?

My lay theory is that the stigma surrounding prolonged sexlessness amongst males is partially rooted in cultural presumptions on the ubiquity of high libido in young men (which, for the most part, is accurate -- for your average eugonadal male). I suspect increased recognition of sexual desire as a counter productive drive for some, and increased access to libido-lowering Rx, would attenuate this social expectation & its resultant stigma

probably a pipedream

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back