Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Research Confirms Confidence is GENETIC

Phaoni

Phaoni

Officer
So every dumbass on the internet and on TV tell men they need to "strap their nuts" and get confidence if they want to get laid. Men, according to them, should always burst with confidence and self-esteem if they want to be respected and find a mate, which is true. However, what their peanut brains fail to understand is that men cannot steer their confidence to desired levels, as any respectable philosopher and thinker ought to think. Rather, confidence and self-esteem are TRAITS YOU ARE BORN WITH AND ARE AT LEAST 50% LINKED TO YOUR DNA, ACCORDING TO RESEARCH.

First link by a researcher: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sc...fidence-is-in-the-genes-claim-scientists.html

Remember, this is research conducted by professionals from a university, not some attention-seeking braindead fuckwits that like to brag about how men like them can easily bang chicks with their "worked-on confidence" and their martial arts (or some other bullshit).

Nexxxxxxxxxxxxxt link BOYSSSSSSS:

This is some legit finnish research on where teenage self-esteem originates.

Results?

JFL, as if we didn't say girls lived on tutorial island enough.

Sorry for the extra text, I don't really have time to edit that out. Next, extra research on the topic. More tests by Plomin, a geneticist from King's College in London.

https://www.businessinsider.com/some-people-are-genetically-wired-to-be-confident-2014-4

And as for personality (i.e. who gets to fuck women because they're masculine), Plomin has to say this according to this research:

Damn, I guess we incels didn't know water is wet, but every irrational shitstain on the internet will say you should be able to fight what's 50% hardwired in your brain.

And remember folks, you're just unwanted genetic trash that's born with low drive/bad self-esteem because Nature decided so.

Nominating this

You literally can't be confident, it's ogre

How come people who werent confident become confident then

How come people who werent confident become confident then

By unconfident-->confident I believe you mean unconfident-->functional.

Last edited:
just be kunfident breh

Confidencepill destroyed. Good job OP

Personality is genetic for half part, and another half is your life experiences till 25 or so. After age of 25 there is very little you may change in your personality.

You also gotta take into account that the other portion that determines your confidence is determined by how your life is and how accepting society is towards you. Chads are confident because they were embraced their whole lifetime while incels have been rejected and often bullied/criticized to hell their entire life, no wonder why they don't feel as good about themselves :feelsrope:

Personality is genetic for half part, and another half is your life experiences till 25 or so. After age of 25 there is very little you may change in your personality.

50% is genetic, and the other 50% is your life experiences determined by your looks, so in fact 100% of personality is genetic

>Just be confident brah
Gigachad

50% is genetic, and the other 50% is your life experiences determined by your looks, so in fact 100% of personality is genetic
Arguable, some traits are learnt with help of your parents, and assuming some incels became ugly only after or during puberty, you still could have something shaped in you not basing entirely on your looks.

Genetics are truly everything

Confidence = Chad

Holy shit brutal lol.

Based sciencecel

So every dumbass on the internet and on TV tell men they need to "strap their nuts" and get confidence if they want to get laid. Men, according to them, should always burst with confidence and self-esteem if they want to be respected and find a mate, which is true. However, what their peanut brains fail to understand is that men cannot steer their confidence to desired levels, as any respectable philosopher and thinker ought to think. Rather, confidence and self-esteem are TRAITS YOU ARE BORN WITH AND ARE AT LEAST 50% LINKED TO YOUR DNA, ACCORDING TO RESEARCH.

First link by a researcher: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sc...fidence-is-in-the-genes-claim-scientists.html

View attachment 31828

View attachment 31829

Remember, this is research conducted by professionals from a university, not some attention-seeking braindead fuckwits that like to brag about how men like them can easily bang chicks with their "worked-on confidence" and their martial arts (or some other bullshit).

Nexxxxxxxxxxxxxt link BOYSSSSSSS:

This is some legit finnish research on where teenage self-esteem originates.

Results?

View attachment 31833

JFL, as if we didn't say girls lived on tutorial island enough.

View attachment 31834

Sorry for the extra text, I don't really have time to edit that out. Next, extra research on the topic. More tests by Plomin, a geneticist from King's College in London.

https://www.businessinsider.com/some-people-are-genetically-wired-to-be-confident-2014-4

View attachment 31835

And as for personality (i.e. who gets to fuck women because they're masculine), Plomin has to say this according to this research:

View attachment 31836

Damn, I guess we incels didn't know water is wet, but every irrational shitstain on the internet will say you should be able to fight what's 50% hardwired in your brain.

And remember folks, you're just unwanted genetic trash that's born with low drive/bad self-esteem because Nature decided so.
Someone add this to the blackpill archive

That's an oversimplification. Obviously confidence is not 100% genetics. I believe every person has a set confidence level. If all environmental factors are right this confidence level can be reached (status, money, validation, etc.), this level could be high or low. Therefore even a person who is very confident genetically could have low confidence if he is in a very bad situation. However the opposite is not possible IMO, i.e. someone who is genetically not confident to become confident. So there could be some incels here who might be genetically confident, but they dont know it, because of all the negative experiences they had. While others might be unconfident regardless of whether they are incel or not.

Just fake it till you make it....

That's an oversimplification. Obviously confidence is not 100% genetics. I believe every person has a set confidence level. If all environmental factors are right this confidence level can be reached (status, money, validation, etc.), this level could be high or low. Therefore even a person who is very confident genetically could have low confidence if he is in a very bad situation. However the opposite is not possible IMO, i.e. someone who is genetically not confident to become confident. So there could be some incels here who might be genetically confident, but they dont know it, because of all the negative experiences they had. While others might be unconfident regardless of whether they are incel or not.
What you're saying is you're pointing out the other 50% of the configuration that sets up confidence, environmental factors. I believe being abused by your parents can lead to low self-esteem, but the point of this thread is that confidence is at least partially hereditary, and that trying to "improve" your confidence in order to seduce women is not attainable. All the shy guys who suddenly became slayers had the genetic code to be seductive in the first place.

Classic Nature V. Nurture. But I bet many of us have the confidence gene but society has exiled us so whats the point.

Another good reason to hate mother nature.

iPth0rM.png

Just this post is good enough to nuke the entire /r/TheRedPill sub.

Fucking hell. Just more and more reasons to despair.. this is devastating.
I thought that, I had already reached the limit of hopelessness and negativity, that there was nothing more to learn that would make me lose the desire to keep going, but no.
According to this, scientifically, no matter what I do, what I accomplish, I will always be this high inhib, this self loathing, this ravaged by anxiety, completely and utterly lacking in any form of confidence?
The rope.. pass me the rope, lads.

Your annotation to this study is incredibly Low IQ.
Otherwise, it could have been a Blackpill Archive thread.

I had a boxing match with a big fucker hooligan-looking who was the best in the the area and managed to win with people watching with incredulity after te match.

Stile feel stupid, useless, unsecure, aspie, socially inept, terribly high inhib as i felt before.

This shit is fucking real. No hope after being born in the spectrum with an incel adolescence criticized by everyone, bad at school and either ignored or ridiculed by girls and not being able to find something productive to be admired for.

I'm depressed af

Bullshit, my father is low inhib and really good socially and has normie looks.

I have shitty half white-half latino looks, high inhib and awkward as fuck.

I thought that, I had already reached the limit of hopelessness and negativity, that there was nothing more to learn that would make me lose the desire to keep going, but no.
According to this, scientifically, no matter what I do, what I accomplish, I will always be this high inhib, this self loathing, this ravaged by anxiety, completely and utterly lacking in any form of confidence?
I mean I'm sure you can work alot of your self-esteem and confidence by going to the gym, working full time, and engaging in conversation in a social circle, but going from a high-inhib, socially awkward man to a PUA slayer is probably not very conceivable.
Your annotation to this study is incredibly Low IQ.
Otherwise, it could have been a Blackpill Archive thread.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll put more effort in thread-making in the future.

Last edited:
This doesn't make sense to me. How can you be born with confidence? To my understanding confidence is knowing you can do something well. If I know I'm good at something I'm going to be confident in it. If I know I suck really bad at something, I won't be confident in doing it. A lot of PUA's and normies will tell you to fake confidence. Like we're suppose to be confident in asking a girl out despite never having a girlfriend and always being rejected.

Confidence doesn't really change anything anyway. For instance let's say you were asked to perform heart surgery and you were told "just be confident bro." If you don't know anything about heart surgery is being confident going to help you perform it? No. Likewise an ugly incel with autism isn't going to be successful with girls just by having "confidence."

This doesn't make sense to me. How can you be born with confidence? To my understanding confidence is knowing you can do something well. If I know I'm good at something I'm going to be confident in it. If I know I suck really bad at something, I won't be confident in doing it. A lot of PUA's and normies will tell you to fake confidence. Like we're suppose to be confident in asking a girl out despite never having a girlfriend and always being rejected.

Confidence doesn't really change anything anyway. For instance let's say you were asked to perform heart surgery and you were told "just be confident bro." If you don't know anything about heart surgery is being confident going to help you perform it? No. Likewise an ugly incel with autism isn't going to be successful with girls just by having "confidence."

People overestimate how much their behavior originates from the conscious mind. It is arguable very little of it does. Your conscious mind just rationalizes base impulses as originating from within itself rather than from your subconscious/body. Similarly, confidence likely has corresponding biomarkers like heart rate, blood pressure, hormones levels and localized brain activity when exposed to different situations. For example, daredevils genetically have a lower fear response to things like heights. Their heart rates and blood pressure do not rise as much as the average person's when exposed to danger.

People overestimate how much their behavior originates from the conscious mind. It is arguable very little of it does. Your conscious mind just rationalizes base impulses as originating from within itself rather than from your subconscious/body. Similarly, confidence likely has corresponding biomarkers like heart rate, blood pressure, hormones levels and localized brain activity when exposed to different situations. For example, daredevils genetically have a lower fear response to things like heights. Their heart rates and blood pressure do not rise as much as the average person's when exposed to danger.

Good point but at the same time professional daredevils have earned most of their confidence by practicing and doing it a lot. It's not like they just jump right in and perform their most dangerous stunts. These guys practice and gradually up the ante with each successful stunt. If you do something a lot and you do it successfully you gradually gain confidence in it. I agree with you that there are some genetic predispositions with anxiety and phobias that will prevent someone from trying something in the first place. But I don't consider confidence the exact same as a lack of fear. You might believe that you would fail at something but not be afraid to try it anyway.

Confidence=Looks

The more research is done, the more confirmation there is that nature is more important than nurture. Anatomy is destiny.

Now once people believe that shiz-nit, we can start doing away with the illusion of free-will!

Good post OP. Free will is an illusion, everything about your life is determined by either your genetics or environment - neither of which you can control.

Confidence is indeed genetic - it's about how you look

It truly is over. Genetics and environment are everything

I’m surprised to hear you aren’t NT, you are quite a coherent poster, and have a good self-depricating sense of humour from what I can see.

Warrior level IQ

Confidence is indeed genetic - it's about how you look
From personal experience, when I look at myself in the mirror and see I have extraordinarily better looks than usual, I experience a significant boost in self-esteem. People might call me shallow, but just the fact that human beings have positively reinforcing reactions and responses to attractive human beings probably explains why self-esteem and attractiveness are tied.

I’m surprised to hear you aren’t NT, you are quite a coherent poster, and have a good self-depricating sense of humour from what I can see.
Ah, perhaps, but sadly I don't think I can class myself as NT.
As I mentioned I've always had pretty terrible anxiety issues, I'm as self loathing as they come, I'm severely depressed and miserable, obsessed with suicide, probably somewhat close to an aspie, I haven't had a real social life since I was a child.. I, I could go on. :lul:
Thankfully I have a decent sense of self awareness which allows for that sense of humor, and the ability to view myself from the third person and make sure I don't act too, um, retarded.

Ah, perhaps, but sadly I don't think I can class myself as NT.
As I mentioned I've always had pretty terrible anxiety issues, I'm as self loathing as they come, I'm severely depressed and miserable, obsessed with suicide, probably somewhat close to an aspie, I haven't had a real social life since I was a child.. I, I could go on. :lul:
Thankfully I have a decent sense of self awareness which allows for that sense of humor, and the ability to view myself from the third person and make sure I don't act too, um, retarded.
What does your anxiety stem from? I’ve always thought an embrace of nihilism can do wonders for anxiety.

What does your anxiety stem from? I’ve always thought an embrace of nihilism can do wonders for anxiety.
Well, I'm an ugly, short, useless man. It only feels natural that someone like I would be anxious, in such a dangerous, hostile world, as a survival mechanism. I don't have any worth, anything to be confident about in the first place. I despise how I look, it's all I can think about in the presence of others. I hate how small I am, too. Knowing that the people surrounding me are physically superior is rightfully anxiety inducing, especially for one such as I, an unlikable person, with no charisma. A few social slip ups on my part, and the attitude towards me would easily turn from passive disdain to active maliciousness, and most men jump at the chance to demonstrate their superiority to one such as I, with words or violence. Power, might, is all that matters, be it in the form of beauty, or strength.
I was bullied more or less since school began to the end of it, I was a complete pussy back when I was bluepilled, I always listened to what authority would say on the issue, 'ignore them', 'they're just insecure', the usual crap, so it only ever got worse. If I had to go back, knowing what I know now, God I would have killed someone.
But, yeah, my anxiety stems mostly from my appearance and body, I would say.

You are right about nihilism working wonders for it, though. Ever since becoming truly nihilistic and blackpilled, the past year or so, I've been able to manage it a lot better. Knowing that, death is always an escape, there is little to truly fear. I've come to understand you can grit your teeth and face just about any situation, with the right mindset, regardless of how scared you are. I used to be a spineless coward, but now, I'm just anxious, which is uncomfortable, but usually not debilitating, as it once was.
Once you understand people through the lens of nihilism, they're a lot easier to deal with. It really gives you an advantage in many situations.

I've come to understand you can grit your teeth and face just about any situation, with the right mindset, regardless of how scared you are. I used to be a spineless coward, but now, I'm just anxious, which is uncomfortable, but usually not debilitating, as it once was.
at the current moment im actually rather low inhib when it comes to most situations, including social ones. But I wouldnt go as far as to say any situation

would be calm with that happening within your eye sight??

at the current moment im actually rather low inhib when it comes to most situations, including social ones. But I wouldnt go as far as to say any situation

would be calm with that happening within your eye sight??

Hah, no. :giga:
I'm rarely really 'calm'. It's always a painful, torturous, exhausting struggle, but I what I mean is, I can still force myself to try and get through things, when in the past, my anxiety was often so bad I would often run, and avoid situations altogether, you know? With the right mindset, no matter how fucked things look, a lot of times you can always just think, "eh, it's over anyway, I don't care how this turns out, I will be the same afterwards", and go through with it.

Hah, no. :giga:
I'm rarely really 'calm'. It's always a painful, torturous, exhausting struggle, but I what I mean is, I can still force myself to try and get through things, when in the past, my anxiety was often so bad I would often run, and avoid situations altogether, you know? With the right mindset, no matter how fucked things look, a lot of times you can always just think, "eh, it's over anyway, I don't care how this turns out, I will be the same afterwards", and go through with it.
I understand what youre saying, go through situations despite being anxious. Basically the story of my childhood. But would you be able to say... step on both of those things if you were outside? Even now I would not be able to do that.

I understand what youre saying, go through situations despite being anxious. Basically the story of my childhood. But would you be able to say... step on both of those things if you were outside? Even now I would not be able to do that.
Spiders are scary as shit, I'd probably run a few miles away at the mere sight of that thing, never mind step on it. I wouldn't want to do so anyway, since I'd probably feel guilty about it forever. :lul: