Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

reoccurring dreams

senses fail

senses fail

cant find a meaning if there isnt one
★★★★
Do any of you brocels have any reoccurring dreams? Ever since I was a kid I've had a dream that I keep going back to. A handful of times throughout my life I will occasionally return back to this one place in my dream. I haven't really talked about it to anyone because its kinda pointless and never came up but reoccurring dreams gotta mean something right? Anyone else got any weird dreams their head throws them back to? :feelsmage:

I very often dream about high school and university even though I graduated from these a long time ago.
My dreams about HS are especially regular. It's always the last day of high school in my dreams and everyone (including me) knows that we are not supposed to be there anymore, because we are already adults, but for some reason we cannot leave, maybe psychologically unable to do so.

I have reoccurring dreams of me missing homework and failing tests in middle school. :shock:

Mah old oneitis from bein 14 - 16 is always in mah dreamies.

True. In the past, I had nightmares involving my "oneitis".

I remember the day I discovered I had sexsomnia - I was having a depressing dream of group therapy and woke up after hearing laughter from the male youth outside my door.

Yes, sometimes I have recurring dreams where they continue the chapter from where I left off, it's strange. Lucid dreaming also happens during this where I remember it's a dream I've had before

Nope, but if I did I probably don’t remember them anymore

Nope, but if I did I probably don’t remember them anymore
Taking 2dCels cookie

I have a recurring dream where I'm back in either high school or college (I'm 31, and as of May 2022 it will have been a full decade since college graduation) and its almost time for final exams and I suddenly realize that I have a ton of studying to do because I don't understand any of the coursework. Usually it will be because I forgot I even had the course and never showed up for class, which is odd because in real life i never skipped class. I did have a lot of multi-day cramming sessions with very little sleep because I am a slow learner and barely passed a lot of classes in both HS and college despite putting in lots of effort.

This is actually the only dream I ever have. I used to dream about sex when I was younger, but that hasn't happened for years. These days I'm even an incel in my dreams.

What's weird is that even though that put me through a lot of stress 10 years ago, when I'm awake I usually think about getting bullied back in middle school but I never have dreams about that. I don't think that coursework traumatized me as much as bullies did so I'm not sure why the coursework is always what I dream about.

I have a recurring dream where I'm back in either high school or college (I'm 31, and as of May 2022 it will have been a full decade since college graduation) and its almost time for final exams and I suddenly realize that I have a ton of studying to do because I don't understand any of the coursework. Usually it will be because I forgot I even had the course and never showed up for class, which is odd because in real life i never skipped class. I did have a lot of multi-day cramming sessions with very little sleep because I am a slow learner and barely passed a lot of classes in both HS and college despite putting in lots of effort.

This is actually the only dream I ever have. I used to dream about sex when I was younger, but that hasn't happened for years. These days I'm even an incel in my dreams.

What's weird is that even though that put me through a lot of stress 10 years ago, when I'm awake I usually think about getting bullied back in middle school but I never have dreams about that. I don't think that coursework traumatized me as much as bullies did so I'm not sure why the coursework is always what I dream about.
I'm not one for thinking all our dreams are some deeper meaning connection or whatever but I do think our reoccurring dreams do have some sort of cause to their effect.
Interesting tale bro I am wondering since since you said you've had worse trauma, why your brain chose to play the school shit not the trauma shit. Maybe its just a way to cope with something instead of the bullying trauma, so the brain is reliving something not traumatic, or relatively? Maybe there is something back there hidden within or around all that course work that you may have overlooked? Maybe an allegory for you spent too much time studymaxxing not enough time being a chad? Who tf knows

This is absolutely relatable, I have dreams about this stuff too.