Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Religion was an incel cope that got successful

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
> "the last will be the first"

> "build your treasure in Heaven, not on Earth"

> virginity and chastity as virtues

> sexually successful people looked down upon / promised eternal torture

> "an apocalypse is coming"

> "we'll see who will have the last laugh on the day of judgment"

What's interesting is that it got successful.

Last edited:
Or it was a way to pacify incels.

Mohammad was a trucel who started a religion so he could get wives and sex slaves.

Or it was a way to pacify incels.
Both I think. It was created by delusional incels who had a flexible view of truth, much like advanced self-insert fanfiction, and it was then adopted by powerful rulers to pacify the rest of the incels (but not merely incels: powerless losers in general)
Mohammad was a trucel who started a religion so he could get wives and sex slaves.
Same for Joseph Smith.

I thought Joseph Smith was only proven to have had one wife (even though there are a lot of rumors otherwise). Is there a reason we should believe the rumors?
Not rumors but established facts. Just google it. Smith did deny it, yes.

What's interesting is that so many incels are atheists. Why not adopt a religious cope? If you force yourself to believe in it, it kinda works. At least, it provides plausible deniability of the true reason for your virginity.

What's interesting is that so many incels are atheists. Why not adopt a religious cope? If you force yourself to believe in it, it kinda works. At least, it provides plausible deniability of the true reason for your virginity.
one can't just become religious "just like that", I mean, don't get me wrong getting 72 virgins after death would be awesome, but I can't just ignore reality and pretend I really believe in imaginary mumbo jumbo, given the complete lack of evidence. If I had that power I might as well decide to believe that my imaginary girlfriend is real.

one can't just become religious "just like that", I mean, don't get me wrong getting 72 virgins after death would be awesome, but I can't just ignore reality and pretend I really believe in imaginary mumbo jumbo, given the complete lack of evidence. If I had that power I might as well decide to believe that my imaginary girlfriend is real.
It is possible though. I was a devout Christian at some point, merely through autosuggestion and listening to religious music.

It is possible though. I was a devout Christian at some point, merely through autosuggestion and listening to religious music.
I'm the exact opposite, my parents tried to have me indoctrinated and it backfired... I used to be religious at the beginning though, took 3 or 4 years to grow out of it.

Why would he need to pretend to be monogynous, given that he taught his church members that plural marriage was okay? Brigham Young didn't feel any need to hide his multiple wives.
Probably to make him appear more disinterested / "pure".

Imagine you are an ugly incel living in the Middle East 3000 years ago. Your life is horrible, just work, work, work and no play.

Now, what are the lies you could begin to tell yourself in your head to soothe your suffering? How could you feel better about yourself when you walk by a wealthy, arrogant Chad living in leisure and happiness?

That may begin with a truth: "in death, we are all equal". Then, little by little, cult by cult, it may take the final form of what is known today as Judaism or Christianity.

I've considered this as a possible ascension strategy, convert, pretend to believe it in the hopes of finding a religious chick. I don't know tho, hypergamy is probly running rampant in all these churches with religious Chads taking all the good females.

I've considered this as a possible ascension strategy, convert, pretend to believe it in the hopes of finding a religious chick. I don't know tho, hypergamy is probly running rampant in all these churches with religious Chads taking all the good females.
Yeah, you're thirty years late for that shit, sorry. Try your luck in Armenia maybe

At this point i don't even know if these threads are serious or elaborated shitpost

Most religions that still exist today were made by dudes with multiple wives

> "the last will be the first"

> "build your treasure in Heaven, not on Earth"

> virginity and chastity as virtues

> sexually successful people looked down upon / promised eternal torture

> "an apocalypse is coming"

> "we'll see who will have the last laugh on the day of judgment"

What's interesting is that it got successful.

Yep.
At this point i don't even know if these threads are serious or elaborated shitpost

JFL at atheists. They are a fucking meme In 2018, just kids trying to be edgy and rebellious hence the reason they always have to point out they are atheist to everyone especially when someone brings up God or religion.
I am an atheist so I would know.

JFL at atheists. They are a fucking meme In 2018, just kids trying to be edgy and rebellious hence the reason they always have to point out they are atheist to everyone especially when someone brings up God or religion.
I am an atheist so I would know.
Your avi always makes me laugh