Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Reentering the social world. Where can I fit in?

lennox

lennox

Ticking timebomb
I feel like an outsider when meeting people of my age. I have been NEETing since leaving high school a few years ago and I don't have much to show in terms of schooling, internships, let alone a career. I've also got autism and and masking incredibly hard.
I'm trying to make new friends, but people my age seem somewhat judgemental of my situation. They're new-grads working fancy jobs in the city. I feel out of place when I hear their talks about office dinners and return offers.
They don't get nearly the sort of free time I do, so work is a shared commonality to talk about. I want to make and keep friends, but I fear judgement should they think I'm a bum. I can't imagine how people would react if they realize I'm autistic. Are my feelings valid? Where should I go from here?

Last edited:
If you did not learn how to make friends in high school is pretty much over.

College is a second chance but still, if you didnt learn those social skills when you were younger you probably wont learn now.

Just be yourself is actually a great advice.

I belong in LDARing in my apartment till I die

@SoycuckGodOfReddit Then I must be the lonely man

There's no fitting in when your ugly

You browse here. You do not fit in :blackpill:

Did you try studying a career? It's the only place where a guy approached me to have a conversation after finishing high school, although it's true that the uni i go to is special.

all you (and I) can hope for is to stumble upon the right people at the right place and at the right time

I can't relate to People of my age, they seem more mature and older

The special Ed classes