Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting [REEE] The Correct Use of Whom

G

Guest2

Whom is the object. This means you can use it in a similar way to 'him' or 'her'. Using a preposition before 'him' makes sense, because 'him' is an object. "I gave the orange to him." It would NOT make sense to say:"I gave the orange to he." This is because the 'he' is the subject. "He walked to the shop." Not:"Him walked to the shop." It is similar with 'whom'. Using who when one should use 'whom' isn't a big deal; not everyone is an grammar faggot like me. But using 'whom' incorrectly is annoying because they are trying too hard. Instead of: "I spoke to a foid who I was working with", you can say: "I spoke to a foid with whom I was working".

'Whom' makes sense more often in the form of addressing a point without the context. For example, "to whom?" makes more sense than saying "who did you send it to?"

In simpler terms: use who when asking a question about something; "who took my 12 inch stapler?" Or when describing someone: "My boss, who is fat, ate my ravioli sandwich."

Use whom when writing formally, such as when addressing someone: "to whom it may concern". Or if you're trying to use it, it always (I think) follows after a preposition such as to, with or from.

Or if you're not sure, don't bother trying.

whomst'd've'ly'yaint'nt'ed'ies's'y'es cares.

Attachments

• IMG_2506.JPG
    IMG_2506.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 57
I hate more when first english language fucks misuse then when it should be than