Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Recommend PC Parts for building the "Gaming PC"

Incelius Savage

Incelius Savage

The Godfather of Inceldom and Suffering in Life
-
Budget is $3-3.5K

Getting me one in a month or so.

Why not a console ?
I would sell my soul to travel back in time and switch my computer that i have now to a console.
Is much more comfy to play, imagine lying down on a comfy couch/bed on a big 4k tv.
Meanwhile you will have to invest even more for a computer, by having a good desk, mousepad and a good keyboard/mouse, while paying even more to a decent chair.
Computer is only better if you play only FPS and for piracy.
(Ignore this comment if you already have an last gen console)

Why not a console ?
I would sell my soul to travel back in time and switch my computer that i have now to a console.
Is much more comfy to play, imagine lying down on a comfy couch/bed on a big 4k tv.
Meanwhile you will have to invest even more for a computer, by having a good desk, mousepad and a good keyboard/mouse, while paying even more to a decent chair.
That's why I was going to get a laptop but said the hell with it.

PC is superior to console plus I need it for work and moneymaxxing.

Why not a console ?
You can do the same thing with a computer. Just hook an HDMI to a TV.

Go reasonably budget on everything except the GPU, if you don't plan on buying strongest CPU and overclocking it which is a overkill, don't buy the expensive Motherboard, it doesn't make any difference and expensive ones die same as the budget ones.

If I had money to upgrade my PC this would be my build.
Ryzen 5 5500
32 gigs or ram, doesn't matter which, it doesn't make much of a difference
Any Mobo under 100 eur with x570 chipset.
RTX 3080
Seasonic PSU with enough power, which for 3080 is probably 600-650W.

Go reasonably budget on everything except the GPU, if you don't plan on buying strongest CPU and overclocking it which is a overkill, don't buy the expensive Motherboard, it doesn't make any difference and expensive ones die same as the budget ones.

Ryzen 5 5500
RTX 3080
5500 will definitely bottleneck the 3080, I would go with a 5600 or maybe go Intel as some of their CPUs are actually good value, plus AM4 is gonna be discontinued in a few months anyway so you can't really upgrade to a much better CPU later.

Anyway OP is spending 3K+. He should be able to afford something god tier like a 5800X3D which will be good for much longer.

be sure to have 32 gigs ram. I have 16 on one laptop and 32 on other. The 16 one is maf and sometimes runs jnto ram problems when like 70+ tabs maybe not sure exact number. hut other one can handle it

I've installed a Nvidia GT 720 in my Optiplex. It seems to be working well.

Ryzen 5 5500
RTX 3080
650W with a 3080 :feelsgah::feelsgah::feelsgah::feelsgah: this is like fucking with a condom full of holes. you're gonna want 850W.

As most people say, don't cheap out on the GPU. I think getting a nice ATX case, and a mobo with all the I/O you can possibly thing of is also something you don't wanna cheap out on.

Liquid cooling is overrated

650W with a 3080 :feelsgah::feelsgah::feelsgah::feelsgah: this is like fucking with a condom full of holes. you're gonna want 850W.

As most people say, don't cheap out on the GPU. I think getting a nice ATX case, and a mobo with all the I/O you can possibly thing of is also something you don't wanna cheap out on.

Liquid cooling is overrated
650w seasonic or any 80 plus psu will have 55 amps on 12v rail, which can provide over 600w, 3080 uses 350w at the absolute highest peak.

I've installed a Nvidia GT 720 in my Optiplex. It seems to be working well.

Ordinary:

606352_928903_05_front_zoom.jpg

I'll be replacing my GT 720 with something more viable.

Modified(Incomplete):

View: https://imgur.com/a/5R2v2F

What about something like this?

Build

This can be improved based on:
How much storage do you need
What type of display panel do you want
How big do you want it to be, and whether it should be curved or not
etc. etc.
PS: Never built a PC, too poor for that.
Just spent time reading and fantasizing about it.

Why not a console ?
KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT GRAHHHHHHHHH

View attachment 654360

etc. etc.
why cheap out on the cooler just to get 8tb hdd. with that lavarock of a cpu he'll for sure need a better cooler. replace the 2tb ssd with a 1tb nvme

why cheap out on the cooler just to get 8tb hdd. with that lavarock of a cpu he'll for sure need a better cooler. replace the 2tb ssd with a 1tb nvme
make me a good build with 3 tb of storage, gtx 3070-80, and a 1440p 166hz monitor

make me a good build with 3 tb of storage, gtx 3070-80, and a 1440p 166hz monitor

the ssd seems kinda shitty you'd be better off just picking something with little less storage but guaranteed to work good. otherwise you're gonna be paying alot more for not alot more storage.
for the case just pick whatever you like but I personally think this one looks good and seems like it offers room for expansion/better cooling in the future.
if you want your pc to be a fag rainbow radiator add in some rgb fans for about 30-100$ extra

View attachment 654377

the ssd seems kinda shitty you'd be better off just picking something with little less storage but guaranteed to work good. otherwise you're gonna be paying alot more for not alot more storage.
for the case just pick whatever you like but I personally think this one looks good and seems like it offers room for expansion/better cooling in the future.
if you want your pc to be a fag rainbow radiator add in some rgb fans for about 30-100$ extra
Nice I’ll use this. What is your pc setup btw? Also should I not get a 4k monitor? I heard it’ll drop my fps dramatically.

Nice I’ll use this. What is your pc setup btw? Also should I not get a 4k monitor? I heard it’ll drop my fps dramatically.
my setup is an office pc from the early 2000s that I constantly "upgraded" by cramming new parts in. I have spent way too much time fantasizing about building a new pc but I can't afford it. I also wondered about a 4k monitor but afaik they're pretty pricey and it's just a question of preference if you want your monitor to be smooth and high framerate or high pixel count. for a few hundred bucks more you could probably get a 4k monitor with high refresh rate but I can't guarantee that you'll even reach them so I just stuck with a "safe" option.

I'll use this thread as a platform for discussion and archive purposes.

My I3 - I5 upgrade went well. I7 or a later Intel Motherboard is next.

My GT 720 bottlenecked my CPU, so I simply removed it. I'll replace it with something miner-worthy. I also need a new network card for Bluetooth as well as well as a decent HDD and PSU.

My I3 - I5 upgrade went well. I7 or a later Intel Motherboard is next.

My GT 720 bottlenecked my CPU, so I simply removed it. I'll replace it with something miner-worthy. I also need a new network card for Bluetooth as well as well as a decent HDD and PSU.

I've successfully replaced the fans for my L3+ with much quieter ones. Now I'll need to wait for the arrival of my control board.

don’t buy the graphics card now, RTX 4000 is releasing in a few months time.

Thats gonna cost like 1500 when it drops.
No it won’t, crypto crashed and Intel (just released their graphics card this month) and AMD are now competitive with Nvidia.

Budget is $3-3.5K

Getting me one in a month or so.
You don't need one. Gaming is a waste of time.

Get a late 2000s desktop or IBM Thinkpad, make sure it doesn't use nVidia graphics and it's 64-bit, install Linux on it, bam.

Maybe get some extra DDR2 RAM if you need.

View attachment 654360

etc. etc.
RTX 3080 EV3A Brand
I9-10900k CPU
AIO Cooler
Three intake and exhaust fans for optimized airflow
A well known motherboard brand like ASUS or Gigabyte, but make sure it has compatibility with your CPU because some MB's only support Ryzen.
An SSD for graphically intensive games and a hard-drive for photos, files and program files. I highly suggest going with Western Digital as I've had nothing but bad experiences with Samsung. The Samsung SSD had poor heat distribution and overheated when installing it on my M.2 PCIe slot.

A sturdy case with a dust panel filter in the front is strongly recommended.

Don't worry about gimmick features like onboard WIFI and soundchips. You can plug in ethernet cable in the back of your motherboard and buy external USB sound-chips from Amazon.

Of course you will also need a powerful power supply unit to handle the demand of your gaming rig so I would stick with 850 Watts or higher.

Last but not least, you will need DDR5 (the newest generation of ram sticks) if you want the best performance from your rig. I would get two sticks with 32 gigabytes of memory.

You will need a good pair of headphones because most monitors don't come with internal speakers so you will have to plug it into your PC and use the motherboard's sound-chip instead.

Don't worry about getting an RTX-3080 TI as there isn't too much of a difference between its regular version and the price spike with the semiconductor shortage isn't worth bargaining for.
So many intel shills in this thread, no game can use more than 6-8 cores max. :feelsseriously::lul:

No it won’t, crypto crashed and Intel (just released their graphics card this month) and AMD are now competitive with Nvidia.
I think ill get the 4080.

So many intel shills in this thread, no game can use more than 6-8 cores max. :feelsseriously::lul:
Who cares. I’ve wanted a gaming pc since 2015. I want the best of the best

View attachment 654377

I9 is hysterically overkill for gaming CPU
Liquid cooling has a chance to ruin all your system if something goes awry. OP should be aware of that. I would personally not touch it unless you are going to do OC stuff and actually need it.
I personally find curved monitors gross but if OP is fine with I guess that's a good one
4090 release price just announced to be 1600 dollars....
Nvidia execs are greedy cunts
500 dollar i9 is massive overkill I agree. But personally I would be willing to put extra 100 dollars and buy a i7 instead of i3/i5
Helps with encoding, compiling, multitasking when gaming etc.
Worth it imo unless you are under tight budget which OP isn't.

Last edited:
I think ill get the 4080.
You have $2k left over for the GPU and extra storage on top of the 2 TB SSD.
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FbDrtn

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($175.88 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($89.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($171.17 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($155.00 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $921.92

Who cares. I’ve wanted a gaming pc since 2015. I want the best of the best
You don’t need 10 cores to play video games, most modern games are GPU bottlenecked and require more money to spent on higher performance GPUs. Wasting money on a CPU doesn’t make any economic sense when you can dump the savings on the GPU and get much higher frame rates.

Better yet, buy a Z180, a YM2149, an FPGA for graphics, some SRAM chips, a few extra resistors and capacitors, a real-time crystal oscillator, and a custom PCB.

Last edited:
500 dollar i9 is massive overkill I agree. But personally I would be willing to put extra 100 dollars and buy a i7 instead of i3/i5
Helps with encoding, compiling, multitasking when gaming etc.
Worth it imo unless you are under tight budget which OP isn't.
AMD cpus have much better performance than Intel’s now.

View: https://youtu.be/c0hv8h2a4Tk

So you wont have to later.
but if your budget is 3k why not use the full 3k? it's not like you'll have to compromise on money later because if you give a budget I can assume you can afford to spend that budget

but if your budget is 3k why not use the full 3k? it's not like you'll have to compromise on money later because if you give a budget I can assume you can afford to spend that budget
I misread your comment

Laptops moggs tbh, they give you flexibility

I recommend you get a laptop if you aren't a huge gamer who likes playing high end games everyday

@Transcended Trucel

I've successfully replaced the fans for my L3+ with much quieter ones. Now I'll need to wait for the arrival of my control board.

My new RAM has arrived, giving me 12GB for this system.

12th gen cpu works very well with your budget i would get 3080ti and rest doesnt matter just dont cheap out on psu, get decent mobo and dont use stock cooler. and get 16gb ram that aren't cheap garbage.

12th gen cpu works very well with your budget i would get 3080ti and rest doesnt matter just dont cheap out on psu, get decent mobo and dont use stock cooler. and get 16gb ram that aren't cheap garbage.
Im getting a 4080 so ill get more fps with my 4k monitor.