Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Recommend melodeath bands (metalcels GTFIH)

Insalsa

Insalsa

Property of Ritalincel
★★
I recently lost my metal virginity and I don't plan on going back to what I used to listen to. Recommend melodic death metal bands/albums

Death metal is a sect of metal I am not too familiar with, especially with what would be considered the more melodic side of it, but nonetheless, here are some good death metal albums.

Carcass - Heartwork

Death - Symbolic (check out all of Death's catalogue tbh)

Dark Tranquility - The Gallery

And here are some from my favorite form of metal, black.

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse

Bathory - Blood Fire Death

Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBkla0CJzuE

Finally, a band I heard about through incels.is, recently, that I quite like; Woods of Desolation - Torn Beyond Reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgLXlJ785ac

Amon Amarth. Just don't listen to their last album.
Also, Dethklok (lmao)

None of these are really "melodeath", but close enough.

- Atheist: They invented prog-death. Weird fusion of jazz and early death metal. Where my username comes from.
- Strapping Young Lad: It's got Gene Hoglan, maybe the best drummer ever. Solid riffage and heavy as fuck.
- Kalasia: Found them by googling "what if dream theater was a death metal band". That's what they are. Only 1 album but it's fantastic.
- Vektor: More thrash then death, but amazingly creative and talented nonetheless. RIP Christmas 2017.
- Obscura: Amazingly talented techdeath. Cosmogenesis is a legendary album. It's even got a guest guitar solo from Ron Jarzombek.
- Blotted Science: Speaking of Ron Jarzombek, this is one of his projects. This is some great fucking music, but there's no vocals.

Death metal is a sect of metal I am not too familiar with, especially with what would be considered the more melodic side of it, but nonetheless, here are some good death metal albums.

Carcass - Heartwork

Death - Symbolic (check out all of Death's catalogue tbh)

Dark Tranquility - The Gallery

And here are some from my favorite form of metal, black.

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse

Bathory - Blood Fire Death

Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBkla0CJzuE

Finally, a band I heard about through incels.is, recently, that I quite like; Woods of Desolation - Torn Beyond Reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgLXlJ785ac

Not a fan of the shrieking vocals of black metal. I think it's because I'm not used to it though, used to be I couldn't stand death either. I'll give them a listen, thanks.
Amon Amarth. Just don't listen to their last album.
Also, Dethklok (lmao)
With oden on our side was the album that introduced me to melodeath

None of these are really "melodeath", but close enough.
- Atheist: They invented prog-death. Weird fusion of jazz and early death metal. Where my username comes from.
Where abouts in their music did it come from in particular, I'm curious? Which song?

Not a fan of the shrieking vocals of black metal. I think it's because I'm not used to it though, used to be I couldn't stand death either. I'll give them a listen, thanks.
Yeah, metal is a genre you kind of have to work into, lol. And even then, there are dozens of levels within the genre with varying degrees of impenetrability. Iron Maiden was the band that eased me into metal in general.

Last edited:
It's not melodic death metal but doom metal mogs anyway.

My music taste is rather esoteric, I'll have you know. :feelshmm:

Damn, that's an interesting sound. Never heard anything like it, I'll have to check the band out. Sweet cover art.
They are one of the most unique bands I've ever heard.

Their previous album, Unquestionable Presence, is an absolute masterpiece. It's legitimately all over the place, and I mean that in a good way. They stop and start every 20 seconds with something new. Techincal and jazzy as fuck. Top 10 metal album of all-time, no question.

Yeah, metal is a genre you kind of have to work into, lol. And even then, there are dozens of levels within the genre with varying degrees of impenetrability. Iron Maiden was the band that eased me into metal in general.
aye, went from maiden to thrash, now I'm just trying to expand my tastes

They are one of the most unique bands I've ever heard.

Their previous album, Unquestionable Presence, is an absolute masterpiece. It's legitimately all over the place, and I mean that in a good way. They stop and start every 20 seconds with something new. Techincal and jazzy as fuck. Top 10 metal album of all-time, no question.
I'll for sure check their work out.

aye, went from maiden to thrash, now I'm just trying to expand my tastes
Yeah? It seems like Maiden was so many people's introduction to the genre. It's understandable, their style is so iconic and catchy, it's pretty accessible. Fear of The Dark and Number of The Beast are albums I can't help but sing along and get into, as soon as they start playing. Bruce's vocals are amazing.

While not exactly death metal thay are all good bands. Btw, every Death album is great.

Children of Bodom

Melomelodeath is the only melodeath worth listening to

Horrendous' Anareta album used to be my favorite a few years ago. I highly recommend. From the very first riffs you can hear how nice it is.

After I got sick of that a guy at the uni gym recommended me In Flames. They've got some really great albums, my favorite being The Jester Race, with honorable mention going to Clayman.