Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious READING aka The ultimate non-drug cope

NEETAndTidy

NEETAndTidy

STRIKE FIRST. STRIKE HARD. NO MERCY. COBRA KAIcel
-
Reading is the ultimate escape from reality. In an instant you're in another world, experience the story of these people who aren't you.

You can be in an anime world with manga
You can be in a world of fantastical beasts and epic battles with a fantasy
You can experience existential dread and terror with horror

You can go wherever you please in a good book.
You can only experience so much irl as an incel.

Reading is the closest thing you will ever come to having a satisfying life full of joy.

Rr meme

No thanks, but thanks for the suggestion.

I've heard people tell me this since I was born but i've never understood it. I've tried countless times to get into fictitious books but I just can't stand reading fiction. A shame really, seems like it would be a good cope because I can understand why, but it just annoys me for some reason and I can't end up losing myself in them.
Tbh if you're not a reader you just need to find that one book you can get into

i like podcasts and audio books, hate actual reading

How do you afford it as a NEET? Most books are mainstream normie bs or corporate entertainment / education products today and I don't want to waste my precious moneys for nothing tbh.

How do you afford it as a NEET? Most books are mainstream normie bs or corporate entertainment / education products today and I don't want to waste my precious moneys for nothing tbh.
I buy used books at the local book store. I also trade in my old books for store credit. Also Thriftbooks.com

How old are you @NEETAndTidy ? I have a few more days of NEETing around left.

i like podcasts and audio books, hate actual reading

This. I used to be an avid reader but now I can barely sit still to read 10 pages. I still try though.

They say it's ADHD but i'd also attribute it to copious internet usage.

How old are you @NEETAndTidy ? I have a few more days of NEETing around left.
I'm 23. I'm among the last of a dying breed who likes to read I guess
This. I used to be an avid reader but now I can barely sit still to read 10 pages. I still try though.

Try using reading music. I prefer lowfi hip hop when reading.

Tbh if you're not a reader you just need to find that one book you can get into

Internet usage.
I buy used books at the local book store. I also trade in my old books for store credit. Also Thriftbooks.com

Interesting. Can you buy any book on Thrift Books?
Nothing wrong with audiobooks. I cant stand them since I'm such a fast reader

How do you speed read? Serious question.

@NEETAndTidy Can you recommend any book for foreigner? I want to become fluent English speaker, but I even don't understand anime with English subtitles.

@NEETAndTidy Can you recommend any book for foreigner? I want to become fluent English speaker, but I even don't understand anime with English subtitles.
So easy reading? I would start off with anything aimed at young adults. Like harry Potter or something. And move on from there.
Internet usage.

Interesting. Can you buy any book on Thrift Books?

How do you speed read? Serious question.
They have tons of books there. And I naturally just read fast. Always have.

OP is secretly that elementary school teacher who always told you to read. He is undercover.

OP is secretly that elementary school teacher who always told you to read. He is undercover.
SHIT YOURE ONTO ME

You know any books on the paranormal

Im addicted to reading....used to read most of my free time when I was young and in school. Now I read online about crypto and other non-fictional important things. Trying to stop reading so much as it interfers with getting important shit done.

Online, u can read anything or download it

They have tons of books there. And I naturally just read fast. Always have.

Are they of okay quality?

You concentrate fully I take it when reading? You're not easily distracted & can skim read?

What do you say to e books like on kindle or iPad?

Are they of okay quality?

You concentrate fully I take it when reading? You're not easily distracted & can skim read?
Yeah worst you'll get is just some cosmetic issues.

Notnessily distracted at all. I can sit perfectly still for hours reading and listening to music.

I dont skim unless it's a light read. I have great reading comprehension

Notnessily distracted at all. I can sit perfectly still for hours reading and listening to music.

Come naturally or you developed it? If developed how?

Come naturally or you developed it? If developed how?
They're all used on thrift books. So sometime theres scuffs on the cover. That's usually it.

And I'm not a fan of e-reading. I like holding a real book. But i have nothing against people e-reading

Maybe I am confusing it, but don't you have among others ADHD? You get pills for that?

Maybe I am confusing it, but don't you have among others ADHD? You get pills for that?
Nah, aspergers and agoraphobia along with anxiety and depression. But I do take jewpills for my issues

They're all used on thrift books. So sometime theres scuffs on the cover. That's usually it.

And I'm not a fan of e-reading. I like holding a real book. But i have nothing against people e-reading

Thanks. I'll take a look. See if there's any good bargains. Especially in the non fiction section.

Reading is the ultimate escape from reality. In an instant you're in another world, experience the story of these people who aren't you.

You can be in an anime world with manga
You can be in a world of fantastical beasts and epic battles with a fantasy
You can experience existential dread and terror with horror

You can go wherever you please in a good book.
You can only experience so much irl as an incel.

Reading is the closest thing you will ever come to having a satisfying life full of joy.

View attachment 37962
I love reading. I do it everyday tbh. Takes my mind off of this shitshow I call my life.