Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Read the web of lies my date sent me before he stood me up twice - and it's a sign of a terrifying new trend

Shaktiman

Shaktiman

Captain
★★★

Read the web of lies my date sent me before he stood me up twice - and it's a sign of a terrifying new trend​

By LOUISE ALLINGHAM FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 02:38 GMT, 19 December 2023 | UPDATED: 07:40 GMT, 19 December 2023

24shares
View comments

TopHome
View comments

A single woman was shocked when her date stood her up not once but twice on one night - and it could be a sign of an alarming new trend.
The woman was waiting for her date Adam, who she met on Bumble, at a bar they both agreed on before he claimed he went to the wrong place.
She drove another 20 minutes to meet him again but he said he went home feeling sick leaving the woman feeling 'done with online dating'.
Many thought the man could have been taking part in a worrying phenomenon called 'Chadfishing' where incel males use fake photos to match with women on apps, set up a date they never intend to go on and watch as they realise they've been stood up.
The singleton, from Canada, explained she had been chatting to Adam for a week over text after matching with him on Bumble.
A single woman was chatting to man named Adam who she met on Bumble a week prior. When they arranged a date he never showed leading many to believe he was 'chadfishing'

+7
View gallery
She arrived and was waiting in her car when Adam said he was running a bit behind but when he said he finally got there, he was nowhere to be found

+7
View gallery

A single woman was chatting to man named Adam who she met on Bumble a week prior. When they arranged a date he never showed leading many to believe he was 'chadfishing'
TRENDING

I'm furious my boyfriend went to a nude sauna with his female cousin
2.4k viewing now

I refused to give a toddler the extra seat on a flight because I'm fat
24.8k viewing now

I'm furious that my friend called her baby after me
977 viewing now

'He eventually asked to meet up, I agreed after a video call. The day of said date comes, I text him to confirm location. He says 'great',' she explained.
The woman said she would get to the bar before 9.30pm and confirmed they had agreed to meet at a bowling alley.
She arrived and was waiting in her car when Adam said he was running a bit behind but when he said he finally got there, he was nowhere to be found.
He said he was at a different bowling alley, confusing his date.
'For real?? I texted you earlier the location and you said great!' she wrote in a text to Adam before she 'gave him the benefit of the doubt' and agreed to travel to where he was.
However, when she arrived, Adam again was no where in the bar and rejecting all of her phone calls.
'I'm going home. I was really looking forward to meeting you but there's one thing I won't stand for and that is not being taken seriously. I wish you luck in your dating journey!' the woman texted Adam.
He said he was at a different bowling alley, confusing his date but she agreed to travel to where he was 'having a beer'

+7
View gallery
However, when she arrived, Adam again was no where in the bar and rejecting all of her phone calls

+7
View gallery

He said he was at a different bowling alley, confusing his date but she agreed to travel to where he was 'having a beer' but again, he was a no-show
Adam quickly came up with excuses saying he was in the bathroom then that he felt sick. 'I blocked him shortly after his last reply,' the woman explained

+7
View gallery
Adam quickly came up with excuses saying he was in the bathroom then that he felt sick. 'I blocked him shortly after his last reply,' the woman explained

He quickly came up with excuses saying he was in the bathroom then that he felt sick.
'I blocked him shortly after his last reply,' the woman explained in a Reddit post.
'I didn't let the night go to waste. I took myself out to a beer and a game of pool and met great people.'
She said she 'dodged a bullet' by not meeting up with Adam and said she would have preferred is he were honest if he 'wasn't feeling' a connection.
'I actually have little to no patience and the one time I decide to have some, this happens to me. Online dating is actually amazing,' she said.
Hundreds were shocked by Adam's actions slamming his as 'cowardice' and 'sociopathic' and some shared theories about why he never showed.
'My read is that he was feeling it, he just was never planning on following through for whatever reason, e.g. he's already in a relationship, he's embarrassed by how he looks, whatever,' one woman said.
'Seems a bit sociopathic if you ask me. Just why? If you're not interested, don't go to this length only to lie and lead someone on,' another wrote.
'What is the point of this? Why pretend to show up? It makes zero sense,' a third agreed.
Many thought the man was 'Chadfishing' where men use fake photos to match with women, set up a date they never intend to go on and watch as they realise they've been stood up

+7
View gallery
Many thought the man was 'Chadfishing' where men use fake photos to match with women, set up a date they never intend to go on and watch as they realise they've been stood up
Many thought Adam never intended to show up to embarrass and inconvenience his date and other women said they have had a similar thing happen to them from dating apps.

What do you think happened to Adam?

He intended to stand his date up

He was telling the truth

He chickened out
'I think he was deliberately messing with you and probably never left his sofa at home,' one user guessed.
'Maybe he was catfishing and wasn't willing to follow through or was texting you somehow? Whatever the cause, bullet dodged,' a second replied.
'I doubt he was either place. He was just f***ing with you. Lots of garbage people out there,' someone added.
'Chadfishing' is a new trend where men create fake profiles and personas on dating apps using photos of conventionally attractive males to lure women in and strike up a relationship before meeting.
The 'chadfishers' then arrange a date, often requiring long travel or expensive Uber fares, and watch as the flustered women try to meetup with someone who is never going to show in an attempt to hurt and humiliate them.
They then share the exchanges often in incel forums where hundreds of other men laugh, shame and insult the victims.
Incel stands for 'involuntary celibates' and describes huge communities of men who blame and punish women for their lack of sex and intimacy.

READ MORE: I have discovered a secret group of disturbed men who prey on vulnerable single women - here are the slimy tactics they use to break hearts

79109173-12878971-image-m-94_1702947672477.jpg

+7
View gallery

Many women have fallen prey to the bitter men's traps.
One woman said she made an effort putting on makeup and 'tight jeans' to meet up with a man on a Monday evening but he never showed.
'Waited 30 minutes (which I think was being overly generous) in a pretty dodgy area and heard absolutely nothing. I messaged him to let him know I was going home and have still had absolutely nothing,' she said in a Facebook post.
'Why would someone do this? We'd been messaging for a couple of weeks and he seemed normal. I've never been stood up before so can tick that off the bucket list.'
One user said the man's behaviour was 'alarming' and warned women to be cautious when returning home after being stood up.
'If this ever happens again, don't go straight home after, he could've been following or watching from a distance for other reasons,' she said.
'It's best to meet up with a friend or go to a family/friend's house, you wouldn't want a creep knowing where you live.'
RedditCanadaBumble

Share or comment on this article: Read the web of lies my date sent me before he stood me up twice - and it's a sign of a terrifying new trend​

No lie for your face

You're not entitled to getting banged by Chad, sweatie.

terrifying new dating trend
Holes getting stood up or chadfished is now "terrifying."

GOD, I HATE THIS FAGGOT CLOWN WORLD.

Poor woman retoric

Lmfao that dumb ass nigga lol that foid is retard lol

@abuincelalaustrali

Based if true

You arent entitled to not get set up by a Chadfish, sweetie