Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Random thought about why society could collapse somehow

RegularManlet

RegularManlet

Former Wagecuck turned Neetbuxmaxxer. Gymcel
★★★★★
I think if something tipped the scale from law and order to lawlessness the world could easily descend into madness or some sort of apocalypse
I think people would definitely become willing to kill, I mean so many of us fantasize about going ER all the time.

Let's say there is a food shortage crime rates are rising and there is more tension and someone starts being overly agressive with you and something, at some point authority will be too spread thin and I think people will just start killing in these situations, especially in america where people have guns.

You still need some sort of event to happen first, something like covid but more serious. You already saw people brawling over toilet paper which you can kind of do without if needed, now imagine a food shortage or something worse, honestly its reasonable to think society could devolve somehow

Not likely, 99% of people are brainwashed into following laws and rules no matter what. The remaining 1% isn't big enough of a threat.

Look at the third world. Even when violence runs rampant, society doesn't just collapse. It is impressive how far a country can fall and still remain a "functional" country anyhow. Don't wait for any first world country to collapse, you will wait till you're 6ft under.

Not likely, 99% of people are brainwashed into following laws and rules no matter what. The remaining 1% isn't big enough of a threat.
If the laws stopped being enforced due to mass non compliance caused by something like a food shortage I thought it could change but the guy below made a great point
Look at the third world. Even when violence runs rampant, society doesn't just collapse. It is impressive how far a country can fall and still remain a "functional" country anyhow. Don't wait for any first world country to collapse, you will wait till you're 6ft under.
Lol I didn't think about this at all, well it just randomly popped into my head at any time that society could radically change but I suppose not, society remains in tact but its just a shithole in those third world countries

If the laws stopped being enforced due to mass non compliance caused by something like a food shortage I thought it could change but the guy below made a great point

Lol I didn't think about this at all, well it just randomly popped into my head at any time that society could radically change but I suppose not, society remains in tact but its just a shithole in those third world countries
Yeah, it's an appealing idea that everyone in our society would pay for all the miss-managment and lies they accepted and supported, but saddly it will likely remain a fantasy.

There might be another war soon though, China has about 10 more years to invade Taiwan before their population pyramid starts collapsing and they can no longer count enough young men amongst their population to stem a competitive military force.

So there might still be big chaos coming our way.

Yeah, it's an appealing idea that everyone in our society would pay for all the miss-managment and lies they accepted and supported, but saddly it will likely remain a fantasy.

There might be another war soon though, China has about 10 more years to invade Taiwan before their population pyramid starts collapsing and they can no longer count enough young men amongst their population to stem a competitive military force.

So there might still be big chaos coming our way.
idk if that will affect me where I live, russia ukraine war if it was not for the internet would not even know that is a thing

idk if that will affect me where I live, russia ukraine war if it was not for the internet would not even know that is a thing
True, also depends on how America handles the whole affair, assuming China actually goes for it. Considering how much we import from there, Usa&Europe taking a firm stance in protecting Taiwan's sovereignty might be felt by the average person even more than the temporary rise in oil prices was.