Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Random guy asks: Part-time vs Full-time Friendship?

lennox

lennox

Ticking timebomb
★★
Do you prefer part-time or full-time friendships? I was asked this question by some guy filming a Tiktok, but I was buzzed and couldn't think straight enough to refuse. It was unique and thought provoking.
I did say that I preferred full time friendships because you would spend more time with one person, but had I been sober I'd have said that more time lended to deeper conversations and bonding. Which kind of friendships do you prefer? What sort of commitments do you keep with your friends?

I perceive part-time to mean there is little work to maintain a good friendship, while full-time needs more planning for activities and hangouts and has deeper discussion, all to keep up the feeling that you're good friends. Part time friends would be the friends you wouldn't mind seeing only once a week, but you'd still get along with them very well. Maybe you're not talking about future plans and ideologies, but you'd still have fun. Full time friends are those you see all the time and do all sorts of things with. I feel that there should be a balance of commitment between the friends you do have. That's just the way I perceived the question and the categorizations though

Last edited:
part time friendships? like everything else wasn't transactional enough? they have to compare friendships to jobs?

JFL at only being someone’s friend during certain hours

I don't want any kind of friendship I don't think good friendships exist

part time friendships? like everything else wasn't transactional enough? they have to compare friendships to jobs?

JFL at only being someone’s friend during certain hours
I think the question was more about levels of commitment towards a certain number of friends, where you have to balance things out.
Also editing the original post as my thoughts develop more; this happened hours ago but it's still on my mind because it the question so interesting and unique

I think the question was more about levels of commitment towards a certain number of friends, where you have to balance things out.
Also editing the original post as my thoughts develop more; this happened hours ago but it's still on my mind because it the question so interesting and unique
i guess thats fair
the idea just sounds really horrible at surface value

Do you prefer part-time or full-time friendships? I was asked this question by some guy filming a Tiktok, but I was buzzed and couldn't think straight enough to refuse. It was unique and thought provoking.
I did say that I preferred full time friendships because you would spend more time with one person, but had I been sober I'd have said that more time lended to deeper conversations and bonding. Which kind of friendships do you prefer? What sort of commitments do you keep with your friends?

I perceive part-time to mean there is little work to maintain a good friendship, while full-time needs more planning for activities and hangouts and has deeper discussion, all to keep up the feeling that you're good friends. Part time friends would be the friends you wouldn't mind seeing only once a week, but you'd still get along with them very well. Maybe you're not talking about future plans and ideologies, but you'd still have fun. Full time friends are those you see all the time and do all sorts of things with. I feel that there should be a balance of commitment between the friends you do have. That's just the way I perceived the question and the categorizations though
I just want sex

i guess thats fair
the idea just sounds really horrible at surface value
It looked unprofessional and not too thought out because it was likely a college project. Don't compare hanging out with friends to work - those shouldn't be a chore. Still, they're on the right track if they're studying sociology.

Can part time friends really be considered real friends under that definition? Unless you mean friends in a very loose sense of the term and stretch the meaning very widely so it becomes an umbrella term that's vague enough to fit in nearly all types of relationships inside the category the term describes.

Can part time friends really be considered real friends under that definition? Unless you mean friends in a very loose sense of the term and stretch the meaning very widely so it becomes an umbrella term that's vague enough to fit in nearly all types of relationships inside the category the term describes.
You can have real friends you spend little time and effort with. There are certain people you can get along with very well - you just "vibe" well with them. People call it "low maintenance"