Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Purpose

VitaminS

VitaminS

For Imperishable glory of the Kingdom of Heaven...
★★★★
What drives you, what is your purpose, what do you live for?

The attitude here is concerning and reflects the modern mindset perfectly: "Nothing.... I have no pleasure thus no will to live! My pursuit of pleasure has taken me nowhere, thus, I have no purpose! I want sex (the pleasure one can not have)... that aught to fill my void and gift me purpose!"

Are humans purely biological? In all our intricacies and abilities, our ability to impose our own will, in the end, are we just workers? What does it mean to be human?

I have my answer, what is yours?

My parents, it's like i'm forced to be alive because of them.
Thats a good one, but that purpose in finite. I guess even after death you can still honor them : )

Our purpose is quite simple: survive as long as possible and reproduce so your genetic code can live on. It's a simple game we already lost due to terrible genetic recombination and shitty upbringing which was out of our control. Now all we can do is live and cope until death inevitably takes us.

I just exist in limbo

My purpose was to have a family. Now that I know its over I guess I have none. But I still cope with small goals like, increasing the nukmber of push ups/pull ups that I can do. Beating a game, finishing an anime, learning a new song on guitar etc.

Our purpose is quite simple: survive as long as possible and reproduce so your genetic code can live on. It's a simple game we already lost due to terrible genetic recombination and shitty upbringing which was out of our control. Now all we can do is live and cope until death inevitably takes us.
And why does humanity exist

What drives you
The initial inertia.
what is your purpose
We have no purpose. We're supposed to make our own purpose, but when you're subhumanly ugly, a huge part of the human experience is locked and unavailable for you. Normies and above get to make their own purpose. Sub5s can only rot and waste away their life.
what do you live for?
My copes have kept me relatively sane so far. Gaming and movies. I want to see the sequels of my favorite games and movies. I want to get to play Elder Scrolls 6. I want to get to see the next Star Wars trilogy.
Are humans purely biological? In all our intricacies and abilities, our ability to impose our own will, in the end, are we just workers? What does it mean to be human?
It's not just biology, although that's a huge part. I am biologically and naturally ugly. But I am not the way I am today just because of biology, but also because of society. The social aspect is another big part of humans. Because I am ugly, I have been treated inhumanely by others. That definitely affected me and made me the bitter, angry, anxious human I am today.

And yes, most of us are essentially just workers, to a lesser or greater degree. Poorcels will have it much worse. They will work all their lives until they have to retire at like 65. But by then, their health will be poor and they won't be able to enjoy their freedom. They will die soon.

The initial inertia.

We have no purpose. We're supposed to make our own purpose, but when you're subhumanly ugly, a huge part of the human experience is locked and unavailable for you. Normies and above get to make their own purpose. Sub5s can only rot and waste away their life.

My copes have kept me relatively sane so far. Gaming and movies. I want to see the sequels of my favorite games and movies. I want to get to play Elder Scrolls 6. I want to get to see the next Star Wars trilogy.

It's not just biology, although that's a huge part. I am biologically and naturally ugly. But I am not the way I am today just because of biology, but also because of society. The social aspect is another big part of humans. Because I am ugly, I have been treated inhumanely by others. That definitely affected me and made me the bitter, angry, anxious human I am today.

And yes, most of us are essentially just workers, to a lesser or greater degree. Poorcels will have it much worse. They will work all their lives until they have to retire at like 65. But by then, their health will be poor and they won't be able to enjoy their freedom. They will die soon.
So you are an existentialist marxist. Almost everyone in the west is. I can not blame you, it is easy to be that ignorant due to materialism and decadence.

Your mindset crumbles at the slightest taste of glory however.

So you are an existentialist marxist. Almost everyone in the west is. I can not blame you, it is easy to be that ignorant due to materialism and decadence.

Your mindset crumbles at the slightest taste of glory however.
There is no glory for ugly subhuman men

There is no glory for ugly subhuman men

>St. Drogo the unattractive

View attachment 1067788

>St. Drogo the unattractive
:feelsahh::feelsahh::feelsahh:

Mfw this guy actually existed. Why am I only hearing about him now?
Saint Drogo was born of a noble family in Epinoy - Sebeurg France. He was a posthumous child, his father having died before he was born. His mother died in childbirth, leaving the newborn an orphan. He was raised by his relatives. At the age of ten, he learned the circumstances of his birth, and it grieved him deeply. At twenty years of age, he distributed his money and goods among the poor, and renounced his estates in favour of the next heirs, to live a life of poverty and penance.[5]

He then set out, and after having visited several holy places, hired himself shepherd to a wealthy woman named Elizabeth de la Haire, at Sebourg, two leagues from Valenciennes. The retirement and solitude were most agreeable to him, on account of the opportunities they made for prayer. Six years Drogo kept sheep, busying himself with practices of prayer and penance. He was a skilled shepherd who could read the weather and knew how to cure animals of their ills. He shared these skills with others. Despite his relative obscurity, his charity, and spirit of devotion and prayer, gained him the esteem and affection of everybody, particularly Elizabeth de la Haire. Many made him presents: but these he bestowed on the poor.[5] It was rumored that he had the gift of bilocation and would be seen in the fields and in the church simultaneously.[6] This gave rise to a common adage among the rural folk of that region, “I’m not Saint Drogo; I can’t ring the church bell for Mass and be in the procession!”[7]

To avoid the danger of praise and admiration, at length he left his place, and went on pilgrimages. He is said to have journeyed to Rome nine times,[8] as well as visiting the main shrines of France and Italy en route.[9] From time to time he returned to Sebourg.[5]

At length a hernia put an end to his pilgrimages, and he built himself a small cell against the wall of the church. The cell had a window for limited contact to receive food and water passed through by those seeking prayers and counsel. A second window opened into the church so he could follow the services. Here he lived as an anchorite for the space of forty-five years. He died A.D. 1186, at the age of eighty-one.[8]

What drives you, what is your purpose, what do you live for?
I guess it's a mix of raw human survival instincts, still having copes, certain goals I have for myself, and also just that tiny sliver of hope I have left smh.
The attitude here is concerning and reflects the modern mindset perfectly: "Nothing.... I have no pleasure thus no will to live! My pursuit of pleasure has taken me nowhere, thus, I have no purpose! I want sex (the pleasure one can not have)... that aught to fill my void and gift me purpose!"
I agree with this: Our world has simply reduced any actual innate value, meaning, purpose, and the such to just mere degeneracy & decadence.
Are humans purely biological?
Yes & no; at least that's my take on it.

Humans have certain basic biological needs that have to be met in order for us to actually function correctly, both mentally & physically. In our unique case, we are unable to attain the basic need of sex & even just affection from the opposite gender, so therefore our functioning is greatly inhibited.

However, we do also possess means of thinking beyond that of animals, so as such we have greater potential in our lives as opposed to just existing for biological means. We are supposed to create, think, build, even destroy when need be.
In all our intricacies and abilities, our ability to impose our own will, in the end, are we just workers? What does it mean to be human?
We are more than simply just workers: We all have various purposes to fulfill by default, yet this modern soyciety seems to want to hinder them.
I have my answer, what is yours?
Still searching for it.

And why so specifically?
You said you want purpose, read the Bible, the works of the Church Fathers, early Saints, world history, European history mainly, etc.

You said you want purpose, read the Bible, the works of the Church Fathers, early Saints,
And how does reading this fulfill more of a purpose as opposed to other texts?
world history, European history mainly, etc.
I used to read about history -especially European history- quite a bit; I need to get back into it more.

And how does reading this fulfill more of a purpose as opposed to other texts?

I used to read about history -especially European history- quite a bit; I need to get back into it more.
It is objective truth. You do not need blind faith to believe in God, my faith stemmed from reason, then logic, then through observing historical facts.

It is objective truth.
Proof of this; context?
You do not need blind faith to believe in God,
Although I do encounter many online -such as yourself- who seem to make some arguments which whilst I disagree with, I can at least respect & understand in a way. However, most Christians I meet irl have extremely blind faith.
my faith stemmed from reason, then logic, then through observing historical facts.
I have stated on here many times I am not an (((atheist))) nor do I follow any organized religion, yet I am still agnostic.