Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Proof that low social status has drastic negative health consequences

cvh1991

cvh1991

Commander
★★★★★

View: https://youtu.be/QezLxFuBxvM

I came across this video recently and it discusses several studies that link social status to health and life expectancy.

The TLDR is that humans (and some species of primates for that matter) have a tendency towards social hierarchy and we are aware of our own social status within said hierarchy.

The lower down you are in the ladder, the lower your life expectancy even adjusted for factors such as obesity/smoking (etc).

Another element the video covers is how sustained stress literally kills you. Your base cortisol levels can even be used to pretty accurately guess where you fit into your societies hierarchy in fact the correlation is so strong.

Something I wonder for this is, you know how men have lower life expectancy on average? Since men are typically the “work horse” of society/have to constantly worry about finances/survival and since women on average frankly have easier lives and more fall back options/recourse should they fail then men (my observation’s been even family and certainly the government are far more willing aid women than men for ... some reason), I would bet this ties into the male life expectancy gap. Most men are out under a lot of sustained stress throughout their life seems to me.

Anyway, just something I found really fascinating and relevant. Pretty depressing to be honest — now I’m stressed about being stressed lol. Feelsbadman

Last edited:
just monkmaxxx tbh

I will die early and I don't care

just monkmaxxx tbh
I’ve thought about becoming a monk somewhat — at least you’d have a roof over your head and not have to worry so much anymore, but without games I think I’d be bored out of my skull.
I will die early and I don't care
I think that sad though — nature is cruel and as we know deeply unfair. Some win and some lose — what irritates me a lot is people’s hypocrisy and how most are unwilling to acknowledge the way things actually are.

Mainly because poor people also do stupid stuff like being fat, smoking, drinking, no exercise, etc

nothing wrong with dying young ,especially when life has nothing to offer
your body is intoxicating itself with those hormones to fasten the process

That’s why it should be self defense to shoot bullies. It’s literally killing us

Mainly because poor people also do stupid stuff like being fat, smoking, drinking, no exercise, etc
They adjusted for this in the study. He talks specifically about this in the video where even adjusted for those factors low status individuals still had worse health and lower life expectancy.

It is true though that on average poorer individuals are more overweight/smoke more, etc but there’s more too it than that.

I’ve thought about becoming a monk somewhat — at least you’d have a roof over your head and not have to worry so much anymore, but without games I think I’d be bored out of my skull.
meditation maxxx at home?