Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious ProgrammerCels GTFIH now

Antisocialloner

Antisocialloner

Disposable Waste
So would I be wasting my time dedicating my remaining life trying to learn this skill? I'm completely antisocial (see my username) and want to work remote without having to deal with anybody. Am I going to have to deal with some faggot Chad or cynt Stacy in any capacity even if it's an interview? JFL if so fuck this entire concept :forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile: serious answers only

I almost killed myself a couple of times learning javascript.

I almost killed myself a couple of times learning javascript.

Jfl it's over. I'm more concerned about dealing with faggot Chad and cunt Stacy

I'm a programmer. If you don't wanna have to deal with anyone, you can work as a freelancer. You can work from home. You'll have to have online calls with your customers from time to time but that's it. PM if you need help learning programming.

Depends on what you want to too
If you have a sharp mind and will you can make a living without even getting hired
Am I going to have to deal with some faggot Chad or cynt Stacy in any capacity even if it's an interview?
yYs there are not only truecel coding monkeys in tech companies

I'm a programmer. If you don't wanna have to deal with anyone, you can work as a freelancer. You can work from home. You'll have to have online calls with your customers from time to time but that's it. PM if you need help learning programming.
Thanks. May take you up on the PM advice thing soon.

You're very new to the forum bro. Hop you stick around for a bit. I mean that's if u don't ascend first

Good answer. I'll give it a shot.. my last hope at ever becoming something
Programming has many branches so after the fundamentals it's better if you find a branch to specialize instead of being a generalist without any special skills.
I would recommend learning python (easier) or java/C# (harder) as first languages
after that C/C++ 100% imho

there is also web developing but I am not of that sector so I can't give you much advice other than basic frameworks

Everyone says it's a huge struggle at first LOL that many give up within months
That happens only for retards who think programming is smashing keys on your keyboard on a linux terminal while mining bitcoins on the other desktop :lul:

Everyone says it's a huge struggle at first LOL that many give up within months
I would've given up, too, if a programmer friend of mine didn't help me with the fundamentals. You'll hear this many times: it takes strong perseverance to make it in this trade.

Programming is easy as fuck honestly. Like it just comes really easy to me. My problem is that because of this I was able to get away without memorizing all the bullshit and I’m worried that I won’t pass tough interview questions. And I dread having to spend so much time grinding it out memorizing useless crap

I would've given up, too, if a programmer friend of mine didn't help me with the fundamentals. You'll hear this many times: it takes strong perseverance to make it in this trade.
I'm sure, I'm sure. I'll remember that

So would I be wasting my time dedicating my remaining life trying to learn this skill? I'm completely antisocial (see my username) and want to work remote without having to deal with anybody. Am I going to have to deal with some faggot Chad or cynt Stacy in any capacity even if it's an interview? JFL if so fuck this entire concept :forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile: serious answers only
It doesn't hurt to try, maybe it's easy for you

Programming is easy as fuck honestly. Like it just comes really easy to me. My problem is that because of this I was able to get away without memorizing all the bullshit and I’m worried that I won’t pass tough interview questions. And I dread having to spend so much time grinding it out memorizing useless crap
*Gulp*. Being interviewed by Stacy? Imagine that

@Antisocialloner

If you follow syntax like the code structure easily you just have to learn code from that point and you have 2,777 posts it’s shouldn’t be too difficult to practice code.

How do you even get clients? Fivver/UpWork and all other platforms are infested with indians programmers. How do you even manage to compete with them?

Because that's what i would like to do, get better at web dev and get clients and that's it. No need to have a boss breathing down my neck

u will still need to deal with people although a lot less than you would with in person work.

How do you even get clients? Fivver/UpWork and all other platforms are infested with indians programmers. How do you even manage to compete with them?

Because that's what i would like to do, get better at web dev and get clients and that's it. No need to have a boss breathing down my neck
u need portfolio. also even better if u have some reputation (via yt, LinkedIn). might be better to first for u to grind the interview horse shit for a few years, get to a FAANG company. have that reputation halo and get clients

programming might not be that hard. but in many companies they have the tech change often especially if you are front end maxxed. but yeah interview is 10x harder than the job ngl

u need portfolio. also even better if u have some reputation (via yt, LinkedIn). might be better to first for u to grind the interview horse shit for a few years, get to a FAANG company. have that reputation halo and get clients

Wtf is all this talk about interviews? Zoom interviews with Chad?

Wtf is all this talk about interviews? Zoom interviews with Chad?
no u have to do some tough CS style math/puzzle problems. see this website:
https://www.codechef.com/

https://leetcode.com/

some companies don't do these though but ask obscure trivia questions which are in some ways imo even more fucking annoying. they'll ask about some gay library function, when in reality you'd google it and get answer in 5 seconds.

only interviews I like coding wise are the system design ones, as they are more fun and kinda realistic

Imo good jobs for freelance are stuff companies don't/can't do.

Examples are: Indie shovelware mobile games (should be mainly a side job since you probably won't make even one dollar) , Game hacks (You need a lot of low level experience such as basic ASM, knowing windows OS and win32 api, basic syscalls, reverse engineering and how to write drivers)

tbh webdev is too mainstream to make money as a freelancer.

do you have a ugrad degree? even if it is an unrelated field, it will make the process easier

Imo good jobs for freelance are stuff companies don't/can't do.

Examples are: Indie shovelware mobile games (should be mainly a side job since you probably won't make even one dollar) , Game hacks (You need a lot of low level experience such as basic ASM, knowing windows OS and win32 api, basic syscalls, reverse engineering and how to write drivers)

tbh webdev is too mainstream to make money as a freelancer.

@Negroid Berber (and many others who posted) are a fountain of knowledge :panties: let this be the official ProgramCel thread for other aspiring programmers

some companies don't do these though but ask obscure trivia questions which are in some ways imo even more fucking annoying. they'll ask about some gay library function, when in reality you'd google it and get answer in 5 seconds.
Here in Italy as an IT consultant what they asked me was to write a sample [UWSL]management application with some mainstream framework (Xamarin) that was connected to a sql server database and they hired me [/UWSL]

Here in Italy as an IT consultant what they asked me was to write a sample [UWSL]management application with some mainstream framework (Xamarin) that was connected to a sql server database and they hired me [/UWSL]
not bad. I have some problems with the make a program type interviews in that they kinda take too much time especially if haven't used the tech stack. So now I avoid em.

not bad. I have some problems with the make a program type interviews in that they kinda take too much time especially if haven't used the tech stack. So now I avoid em.
Same, but I had a hobby project written with the same framework so it was a god sent opportunity.
The thing about coding interviews is that I start to stutter like a retard and my explanations are all knotted even if in my brain they are clear as glass :feelsseriously:

Same, but I had a hobby project written with the same framework so it was a god sent opportunity.
The thing about coding interviews is that I start to stutter like a retard and my explanations are all knotted even if in my brain they are clear as glass :feelsseriously:
my problem wasn't stuttering/behavioral bullshitting or anything. Just not able to actually come up with the answer to the harder problems. But now I have been grinding them and probably by end of next year should get into Amazon or one of the other FAANG type companies.

My IQ is lower than most STEMcels so taking me longer to grind that bullshit to get to the required skill level. But am still making progress even if 1/2 rate of higher IQs.

Programming is tough and it's not for everyone. Some people grasp it quick, others don't. All those advertisements you see that say "learn coding in 14 days!!!" are bullshit, unless again you have a talent for it. I tried it couple times and I always hate how they go from zero to full speed in such a short period of time. Day 1 - "hello world"; Day 2 - write me a calculator script from scratch... bitch, wtf

It's definitely more on the introverted side, and opportunities to work remote are plentiful, but you will still have to socialize a little

my problem wasn't stuttering/behavioral bullshitting or anything. Just not able to actually come up with the answer to the harder problems. But now I have been grinding them and probably by end of next year should get into Amazon or one of the other FAANG type companies.

My IQ is lower than most STEMcels so taking me longer to grind that bullshit to get to the required skill level. But am still making progress even if 1/2 rate of higher IQs.
I have also been grinding hard for this purpose, and my IQ is also less than most STEMcels
I kinda feel like I have a double digit IQ tbh

Damn I would never stand a chance for a FAANG type company, they are way too big for me to handle tbh.
I stopped using leetcode because I just couldn't solve the hard tagged problems, too many complex niche algorithms and math tricks needed.
Now I spend most of the time doing side projects and picking up experience in other fields other than the pain of the ass that .NET is

I have also been grinding hard for this purpose, and my IQ is also less than most STEMcels
I kinda feel like I have a double digit IQ tbh
sucks for us low IQs. but we can still make it. Just will need put 2-4x hours. Well not much else we can do :feelsrope:

Damn I would never stand a chance for a FAANG type company, they are way too big for me to handle tbh.
I stopped using leetcode because I just couldn't solve the hard tagged problems, too many complex niche algorithms and math tricks needed.
Now I spend most of the time doing side projects and picking up experience in other fields other than the pain of the ass that .NET is
I got to the final stage of a few. But they ask too many hards at final run which cucks me. I am just grinding the stupid problems like 1-2 hours a day. most days one. on weekends 3-4hrs/day. I am around like 225 hours in maybe. most people are solid around 360-400 hours of grind, high IQs within 200-250. Personally I will likely take till 500-700 due to lower IQ. Nonetheless even if takes me longer. I can still do it.

It is pretty retarded we get asked this shit and has almost nothing to do with the job.

It is pretty retarded we get asked this shit and has almost nothing to do with the job.
Especially dynamic programming problems, and especially related to binary trees :feelsUnreal:

Especially dynamic programming problems, and especially related to binary trees :feelsUnreal:
yeah all that shit is basically never used. Especially front end people would never have to touch that shit.

I also hate some of the gay obscure math nonsense. And bitwise shit(have only seen it once or twice) but fact it shows up at all is annoying

yeah all that shit is basically never used. Especially front end people would never have to touch that shit.

I also have some of the gay obscure math nonsense. And bitwise shit(have only seen it once or twice) but fact it shows up at all is annoying
I use bitwise operations when working very low level and yes I despise a lot the mathematical theorems too.
Do they fucking expect us to be math majors jfl, most of the gay math related stuff can easily be solved with stack exchange or some obscure forum :feelswhat:

Last edited:
Bitwise operations I use them when working very low level but the mathematical theorems I despise a lot.
Do they fucking excpect us to be math majors jfl, most of they gay math related stuff I can easily solve with stack exchange or some obscure forum :feelswhat:
I plan on eventually paying for

https://brilliant.org/ for a math course and go thru all that fucking garbage again which haven't touched in years since uni. It is gonna be annoying as fuck. For now math is lowest priority for me atm, cause doesn't show up that often.

I did once get this faggot math question where they asked me to code a way to calculate the shared area between the cross section of 2 circles on a Cartesian grid. Like how the fuck is one supposed to that without a formula. And even afterwards when I searched it up, found no way of really deriving that formula without being aware. faggot interview :reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee:

Attachments

• 1660531173991.gif
    1660531173991.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
I did once get this faggot math question where they asked me to code a way to calculate the shared area between the cross section of 2 circles on a Cartesian grid. Like how the fuck is one supposed to that without a formula. And even afterwards when I searched it up, found no way of really deriving that formula without being aware. faggot interview :reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee:
I barely passed geometry in high school, I fucking hate memorizing formulas so much it's insane.
Fortunately I learned things I didn't possess while making some fluff on OpenGL and D3D

I plan on eventually paying for

https://brilliant.org/ for a math course and go thru all that fucking garbage again which haven't touched in years since uni. It is gonna be annoying as fuck. For now math is lowest priority for me atm, cause doesn't show up that often.

Interviews are mostly a game of luck, all that matters is wheather you have already solved the problem that they ask
Unless you are giga high IQ, you cannot solve a completly new LC Hard in under 40 min

I'm gonna start an internship as a developer with .net lols, been hearing a lot of shit from a friend. Seems like developement with .net is really "wonderfull" lol.

Been teaching myself JS for a while and now doing some react too, sadly from what i know .net goes well with angular

I'm not even from a first world country, so i can't get into faang. Even if i could i wouldn't want to work for them, seems like shit. I prefer much more to get less money but have more freedom.

I tried to make my portfolio a couple of times but my desings make me cringe so hard.... I hate UI/UX with a passion. Can't seem to make something pretty

not cope, when you start working or even if you got Cs classes you'll see a high dropout/incompetency problem
I'm a 36 oldcel with a wageslaving job. I literally have nothing to lose. Will see.

Last edited: