Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Problem

• Thread starter trying to ascend
  • Start date
trying to ascend

trying to ascend

Oldcel KHHV
★★★★★
In the figure below, a cube where the points T and R are medium points of its [UWSL]edges is being represented. It's known that each edge of this cube has 2cm.[/UWSL]

[UWSL] Given that, the volume of the geometric solid defined by the points PRQST, in cm³, is?[/UWSL]

[UWSL]
Cubo
[/UWSL]

If the length of the cube is 2 cm, then raised to the power of three the volume of the cube is 8 cubic cm.
But it's not about the volume of the cube, it's about the volume of the solid formed by PRQST

But it's not about the volume of the cube, it's about the volume of the solid formed by PRQST
How would the cross-section of the solid look like? Is it also a cube or some other polygon?

How would the cross-section of the solid look like? Is it also a cube or some other polygon?
You just need to connect all its points, though I'm stuck and don't know what to do in this part

@mistersinister you're high iq

did you try googling the original text of the problem? solution might come up

did you try googling the original text of the problem? solution might come up
This is the original one, it was made up by my teachers

It's known that each edge of this cube has 2cm.
Using the cube volume formula (edges^3) and the fact that each edge is 2cm I get 8cm^3.

This is literally a high school level problem bro, what grade are you in?

Using the cube volume formula (edges^3) and the fact that each edge is 2cm I get 8cm^3.

This is literally a high school level problem bro, what grade are you in?
THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE CUBE'S VOLUME, IT'S ABOUT THE SOLID FORMED BY PRQST

Capslock typing is synonymous with hardcore flaming in online games, and I got flamed hard today
NEVER SAW THIS HAPPENING, IS IT SOMETHING THAT MOSTLY HAPPENS ON MOBAS?

Time to quote high iqcels

@Caesercel @based_meme @the virgin shepherd

"It's known that each edge of this cube has 2cm."

Do you mean that the length between each edge is 2cm(except diagonally)?
I mean that the distance between two consecutive vertices is 2cm

If you make a plane that goes through PQS and rotate the plane about PQ, it intersects points T and R.

You'll have to forgive me, that's as far as I've gotten so far. :smonk::smonk::smonk::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

[UWSL]It's known that each edge of this cube has 2cm.[/UWSL]
Is there a typo here? Did you mean each edge IS 2cm, not HAS 2cm?

Unless you've left out some missing info, this is trivially easy. If each edge is 2cm, a cube has all edges of equal length, which means the volume is just 2^3 = 8.

WTF is this, grade 5 algebra and geometry? Is OP another kidcel in the forum? JFL

Is there a typo here? Did you mean each edge IS 2cm, not HAS 2cm?

Unless you've left out some missing info, this is trivially easy. If each edge is 2cm, a cube has all edges of equal length, which means the volume is just 2^3 = 8.

WTF is this, grade 5 algebra and geometry? Is OP another kidcel in the forum? JFL
I don't know much about math terms in english.

The question is not asking about the volume of the cube, it's about the volume of the solid formed by PRQST, though @Caesercel already got it right

it's about the volume of the solid formed by PRQST
OK, that's a weird fucking shape. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be looking at. PR = PT = 3, QR = √5, QS = √8, but I'm not sure what shape this is supposed to make exactly.

@Caesercel Can you show your work, brocel?

Last edited:
Math ? Math dosnt make you Money , real estate however does.

OK, that's a weird fucking shape. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be looking at. PR = PT = 3, QR = √5, QS = √8, but I'm not sure what shape this is supposed to make exactly.

@Caesercel Can you show your work, brocel?
The figure is obviously a slanted pyramid. I checked the formula for pyramid volume on google. It was 1/3 base area x height. My intuition says the volume wouldn't change no matter how much it slants as long as base area and height remains same

The figure is obviously a slanted pyramid. I checked the formula for pyramid volume on google. It was 1/3 base area x height. My intuition says the volume wouldn't change no matter how much it slants as long as base area and height remains same
From the description OP gave it didn't sound like QRST all connected to P. That was the part that wasn't clear from the question - the shape of the polygon from the given vertices.

Sorry but I'm no help here this math shit hurts my brain

If it's supposed to be a pyramid, then QRST area is 2, and since PQ is height, then yeah it's 4/3. We just had to assume it was a pyramid and that PS shared an edge. Poorly worded in the OP.

Last edited:
From the description OP gave it didn't sound like QRST all connected to P. That was the part that wasn't clear from the question - the shape of the polygon from the given vertices.
They aren't in the picture though, you need to connect them to visualize the PRQST solid

They aren't in the picture though, you need to connect them to visualize the PRQST solid
Yes, I had moment and realized too late that the pyramid is the only logical polygon.

The wording of the question fucked me up.

Where do you fucking study that you have to answer shit like that? Thank fuck I cheated my way through HS :shock:

Yes, I had moment and realized too late that the pyramid is the only logical polygon.

The wording of the question fucked me up.
Given the equilateral triangle MNP with edges of size X and the line R who passes through the vertice M and is paralel to the side NP, the formula of the solid's volume generated by the rotation of this triangle around the line R is?