Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Poll: Are you good at (multiplayer) video games?

Are you good at video games?

• Yes

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • Neutral

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 45.3%

• Total voters
morgenthau

morgenthau

Ugly✔ Short✔ Unintelligent✔ ADHD✔
Can you please answer my poll-question? It would be very nice of you.

I for myself have always sucked at video games. From my childhood days on i needed friends, guides or cheats to accomplish most of the games i played.
In a certain multiplayer shooter game i have over 2000 hours of playtime. Most of them in competitive mode and i am still in the second lowest rank.

I literally lack almost everything, like game-sense, reaction time, aiming/tracking, etc.
Interestingly, IQ and reaction times seem to be related.

It feels bad to be a subhuman in almost every way.

No, I'm horrible at them tbh. Part of the reason why I prefer single player.

I definitely have an above-average game-sense, reaction time, aiming/tracking, and flicking.

I used to be good like 4 years ago but I took a 3 year break from playing vidya because I wanted to excel at school and now my skills have somewhat diminished. That's why my interest in gaming has decreased for the past ~6 months

I play them the whole day, but I still suck at them.

I play videogames all day and i'm shit at them. I'm genetic garbage in every possible way

I mean, it depends, but I think I am naturally better than most people I've met in life at most games I play, even people who play video games regularly. In my sad pathetic life, I can boast about the fact that I've beaten Ghosts and Goblins, Ghouls and Ghosts, TMNT on NES, Battletoads, and have collected all 180 emblems on Sonic Adventure 2 (all these things are fucking hard and most sane people would not try to do them); and in high school, the game club had a Smash Bros tournament which I came second place in, only got beat by one guy who was slightly better than me.

The only exceptions I can think of are older games which require button mashing (my finger reflexes are shit for hitting a button that fast) and racing games of any kind. I suck at Mario Kart; I can never get the timing down for drifting in any game without slowing down.

Last edited:

I for myself have always sucked at video games. From my childhood days on i needed friends, guides or cheats to accomplish most of the games i played.
In a certain multiplayer shooter game i have over 2000 hours of playtime. Most of them in competitive mode and i am still in the second lowest rank.

I literally lack almost everything, like game-sense, reaction time, aiming/tracking, etc.

Ok GrAYcel

No, I'm horrible at them tbh. Part of the reason why I prefer single player.
tfw you want people to admire your gaming skills yet you're absolutely dogshit anyways :feelscry:

relatable tbh, after 2-3 years of playing LoL i never got out of silver. even singleplayer is tough for me when it comes to strategy games. i managed to average out around 300ms in that reaction time test you posted tbh, which is better than i expected but it's not enough to reliably compete in multiplayer matches, especially for me because i work poorly under pressure.

@WithoutMe are you good?

relatable tbh, after 2-3 years of playing LoL i never got out of silver. even singleplayer is tough for me when it comes to strategy games. i managed to average out around 300ms in that reaction time test you posted tbh, which is better than i expected but it's not enough to reliably compete in multiplayer matches, especially for me because i work poorly under pressure.
Brutal. I always thought you were a mogger when it comes to video games. Mogs me for sure.

not really. i used to be better but idk what happened.

I’m good at single player games

I am sorry, when i posted my poll i was mostly thinking about multiplayer/online games.
I edited the title.

And thank you all for participating in my thread.

Depends on the genre, as gaming skills used to depend on the controls, game view perspective (top down, isometric, first person) or category, (RTS, TBS, RPG, FPS, side croller, beat em up, racer) . Back in the day my parents would could me if I bought more than one of "the same game" (genre). So it would be Street Fighter 2, King of The Monsters and (stop) "no Mortal Kombat for you".

So I wouldn't have gotten 8 different versions of Call of Duty, Farcry or Countersrike, let alone those 3 titles bought together.

I nearly completed Final Fantasy 7, unknowingly, stopping at the final boss. I can make the top 10 of free to play first person shooters. i complete Fallout 3 and completed numerous old school 16 bit or arcade emulation games too (mainly side scrolling platformers or beat em ups).

Videk games are my best cope tbh, I’m better than basically everyone I know at single player stuff anyway. Multiplayer I’m like high end but not godly

Videk games are my best cope tbh, I’m better than basically everyone I know at single player stuff anyway. Multiplayer I’m like high end but not godly

Are shorter people better at video games, because their nerves have shorter ways and therefore better reaction time?
I once read something like that.

Are shorter people better at video games, because their nerves have shorter ways and therefore better reaction time?
I once read something like that.
i dunno maybe. The best people I know are also short so maybe.

I'm not very good at first person shooters but I do not play them much or competitively. I like to think I'm ok at Eu4 and hoi4 and total war because my teammates usually suck ass and refuse to follow my directory, although I don't think anyone can be bad at video games if they follow what the best player tells them to do (If the game objective is winning of course not casual, I hate armchair generals in shit like that).

im a genious of every game

If the game has short time to kill I do bad(bottom 50%). if game has long time to kill, I do good(top 20-30% of player base)

No, I've been playing LoL and DoTA religiously for the last decade and was never able to maintain a decent rank.

I don't play multiplayer because Im a consolefag and I don't want to pay for online and I hacled my swotch so i can't play smash bros online

I was half decent at Age of Mythology

I just find the most annoying thing to do on multiplayer games and do it.. finding how to tick people off makes me kek.

I'm quite alright at them too.

I can get good with enough practice usually.

My standard for "good" when it comes to competitive multiplayer games is very high, so no.

I'm a hardworking shitter. I don't have the god gene.

tenor.gif

You mog me to Jupiter and back

Yes in normie games I am. In battlefield 3/4/bad company I would consistently get at least 100 kills a game with the m16 lol

Heigh hoo

Yea i would say so, for the most part i do good. Im complete shit at racing games for whatever reason, but at shooters and strategy games im very good.

I'm okay, nothing special.

Yes, especially fps

Im not good in that

View attachment 256170
Yea i would say so, for the most part i do good. Im complete shit at racing games for whatever reason, but at shooters and strategy games im very good.

Ah Rising storm 2 vietnam get 7 kills with a pick axe in a row. I use to plow noobs in free weekends 60+ kills (depending on the map) with my M-14 still one of my favorite games, NA or EU?

Last edited:

In some, yes. Gaming was my entire life prior to a few years ago, that's all I cared about so I did manage to get good at it.

At first , no

Same bro, even tho I love playing video games I’ve always been bad at them

Ah Rising storm 2 vietnam get 7 kills with a pick axe in a row. I use to plow noobs in free weekends 60+ kills (depending on the map) with my M-14 still one of my favorite games, NA or EU?
EU

I haven't played games in a while, so I can't answer this honestly

I'm pretty much bad at everything I guess

Neutral, I'm complete garbage at fps due to dyspraxia so no matter what going to be dead last at everything. However I'm decent at mobas tbh

Screenshot 20200512 180626

Pic related my only brag in my entire life