Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Poems I like (/w breakdown) 1

• Thread starter NowItsSlimeTime
  • Start date
NowItsSlimeTime

NowItsSlimeTime

Really feeling it B)
★★★★
Harlem (Langston Hughes)

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
Like a raisin in the sun?
Or does it fester like a sore-
And then run?
Does it sink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over-
Like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
Like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?

Poem above! I hadn't written in a while. My original idea for a next post was going to be about which dinosaur, land, air and water animal got the most (and which the least) sex based on bone structure and other traits, but I wasn't able to find many 'good' sources. I have given up on this (for now)

This poem has been analyzed quite a bit. If you took english lit or us history you have almost undoubtedly seen it. All the same, I like it a lot, and think it has inspired a lot of my modern writing.

One problem I have with my poetry is I add a lot of 'nothing' words, words to fill a quota so it can be a poem, but that detract from the actual emotion of the piece. Poetry is best with the words that come to mind, so you can feel the raw emotion easier.

The emotions here are obviously predominantly negative, but one part I've always liked is
"Or crust and sugar over-

Like a syrupy sweet?"

It subverts expectations, showing a positive light, and the line immediately after is more neutral then negative. It makes the end hit harder.

Usually my writing tends to have themes like this, I love repetition and focusing on a certain concept.

Beers i like, Man i love beer bro!

mmm i love rotten meat.

rate mine

rate mine

Feels more like the lyrics to a rap then a poem, but I like the use of modern slang. There's definite emotion there, and the language used would help keep the meaning different for different people. The risk of slang in a poem though is that it might become outdated. All in all, I liked it! I wish you luck with future poetry.

Feels more like the lyrics to a rap then a poem, but I like the use of modern slang. There's definite emotion there, and the language used would help keep the meaning different for different people. The risk of slang in a poem though is that it might become outdated. All in all, I liked it! I wish you luck with future poetry.
am def more of aStreetNiggerRapper agreeed

you seem more of an classic poem guy

ty for advice and compliment:feelsokman: