Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Please rate my training regimen!

• Thread starter Deleted member 17235
  • Start date
Deleted member 17235

Deleted member 17235

deutscher mischling
-
Martial arts wear down your body so I am planning in doing one month of (mostly) muscular + cardiovascular training followed by one month of (mostly) Jiu-Jitsu in a loop, is this the best way to minimize muscle loss while you learn your technique? also will I keep my neck gains for that month if I just train them with resistance bands ?

I only really care about these muscle groups, this one is getting attacked with Jiu-Jitsu + farmer carries, Should I incorporate shrugs or would that kill my power for my shoulder training?
70AC4C6B 61D8 4381 91CF 134F8B3B4A01

For my forearms it’s rock climbing + captain of crush grippers + wrist exercises with dumbbells + finger extensors gadgets
24BCD24F B808 4387 A2D6 E363A6392F26

And for my shoulders it’s exercise with adjustable dumbells + calisthenics
60B37BD0 1617 432A 8B5E 388BE7150232

And because I am mostly doing upper body compound exercises I suppose my lats should grow without needing isolation exercises… right?

I don’t give a fuck about core, gluteus and legs

forearms>shoulders>neck>>lats>>>everything else

Give suggestions please!

You should.
I have really good chest and leg genetic, no matter how much musculature I get on my priority muscle groups I won’t look disproportionate (especially because I am Natty (I won’t become gigantic anyway)

Last edited:
Working large muscles releases testosterone. And working only some will make you disproportionate and ugly.

And you will only get stronger/bigger if you apply progressive overload, so with resistance bands and calisthenics for example, where there's less progressive overload, you will plateau very quickly if you do any progress at all.

so with resistance bands and calisthenics for example, where there's less progressive overload, you will plateau very quickly if you do any progress at all.
I plan to incorporate gymnastic ring training if calisthenics and resistance bands get too easy, is that not enough?

Working large muscles releases testosterone. And working only some will make you disproportionate and ugly.
Dude calisthenic moves require a lot of muscles working together, bench press / deadlifts / squats are honestly overrated

View: https://youtu.be/PhfnybQfnuY?t=597

Check out the dead man press

I can't stress enough how much running helps, I was able to stay fit throughout the lockdowns by jogging/sprinting up a hill at least three times a week.

I can't stress enough how much running helps, I was able to stay fit throughout the lockdowns by jogging/sprinting up a hill at least three times a week.

Running up hill seems nice, am I right to assume its easier on the knees? (Because the workout is shorter?)

Tbh brocel just have fun with it, do what's fun for YOU
Over time you can try different shit and find what works best for you
That's the best advice I can give

You will when you get that hernia
Jiu-Jitsu + rock climbing + calisthenics + farmer carry should give me enough baseline core strength to avoid hernias, I don’t need the lower body strength of a strongman/power lifter, maybe for judo and wrestling because they focus on takedowns but not for BJJ

Running up hill seems nice, am I right to assume its easier on the knees? (Because the workout is shorter?)
Good question. My knees seem stronger, I like to do incline running for at least 30 minutes, because 30 minutes is a third of a full soccer match. If you can jog for a third of a soccer game, your fitness level is adequate. High school soccer players play for 60 minutes, and college and professional soccer players play for 90 minutes. So no, my knees don't hurt, because I am in shape.

I like to go hard (run intensely) for no more than three weeks, and then I usually take the last week of the month off to rest. My old soccer coach said it best, "Its better to take a couple days off, after consecutive days of good training - because, injuries set you back more than anything else".

I plan to incorporate gymnastic ring training if calisthenics and resistance bands get too easy, is that not enough?

Dude calisthenic moves require a lot of muscles working together, bench press / deadlifts / squats are honestly overrated

View: https://youtu.be/PhfnybQfnuY?t=597

Check out the dead man press

Yeah you're right, it will be good. You just need to be consistent.