Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel Pixel graphics are fucking GARBAGE

Disillusioned

Disillusioned

Banned
-
I see shitty indie game devs using pixel graphics and the excuse of "oh but it's not worse it's just a different style blah blah blah" as being the video game version of ugly people trying to make up for their shitty looks by working on their personality. It's utter horseshit.

There is nothing stopping people from having colorful visual presentation with tons of character, while still having great graphics. Pixel graphics were dumped for a reason. They suck. It was only after the rise of the lazy indie dev that they came back.

Pixel graphic indie devs making games with shitty graphics because they can't make actually good looking games are the bluepilled incels of the video game world.

Some people just want to recapture the nostalgia of classic gaming. You seem to be offended by simple gameplay or as you call it “shitty work”. 9/10 if a game has pixel graphics, it’s going to contain simple gameplay in order to emulate the style of older games. Knowing this, why would you give these games attention if you can tell by the art style that the game isn’t a AAA title

Let me guess OP your first console was PS3 ?
13375.gif
JFL at those who don't appreciate great games. Pixel graphics are a blast from the past.

Assassins Creed pre-order tier IQ

Pixel graphics can be done well but many indie artists will do it because it is easier than giving good graphics. You're right to some extent, many people use it to be lazy and cash in on nostalgia, but there are good pixel graphics games. It can also have a good art style if done correctly. Your complain is more about lazy pixel artists than pixel art itself.

Let me guess OP your first console was PS3 ?
13375.gif
JFL at those who don't appreciate great games. Pixel graphics are a blast from the past.
Preach

Good graphics are hard to get and pixel graphics work better for certain games. Retard tier IQ

I see shovel knight is often used as an example of a supposed good pixel art game. But let me ask you 2 questions:

1. If shovel night had been the exact same game but with mindblowing and yet still cartoonish looking visuals, would it not have been a better game?

2. Do you really think pixel art games will still be popular years from now? I would argue that early pixel art game success stories only happened because of the novelty of having modern pixel art games being new at the time, and that over time people will get sick of it and pixel art games will lose popularity. Games like Shovel knight are basically just a fad. It will pass.

Actually, I think I will add this to my OP.

EDIT: Can't edit my OP. Fek.

EDIT 2:

Good graphics are hard to get and pixel graphics work better for certain games. Retard tier IQ

And this is another example of what I am talking about. "Good graphics are hard to get" yea because pixel graphics=no effort is needed. Right?

Last edited:
I see shovel knight is often used as an example of a supposed good pixel art game. But let me ask you 2 questions:

1. If shovel night had been the exact same game but with mindblowing and yet still cartoonish looking visuals, would it not have been a better game?

2. Do you really think pixel art games will still be popular years from now? I would argue that early pixel art game success stories only happened because of the novelty of having modern pixel art games being new at the time, and that over time people will get sick of it and pixel art games will loser popularity. Games like Shovel knight are basically just a fad. It will pass.

Actually, I think I will add this to my OP.

EDIT: Can't edit my OP. Fek.
Dude guys like you are making gaming worst every year....seriously carring for the graphics and online gaming ,and fuck gameplay and story destroyed gaming. You must be so proud for liking 4K 1080p super awsome looking games on your 60'' tv....but the rest of us who respect retro don't share your oppinion. I am waiting for PS1 mini just like i bought NES and SNES mini.....

Dude guys like you are making gaming worst every year....seriously carring for the graphics and online gaming ,and fuck gameplay and story destroyed gaming. You must be so proud for liking 4K 1080p super awsome looking games on your 60'' tv....but the rest of us who respect retro don't share your oppinion. I am waiting for PS1 mini just like i bought NES and SNES mini.....

I also like some old games, like Quake and Doom. But that doesn't mean I would not enjoy then even more with better graphics. In fact when I do play them I tend to use graphic mods with updated modes/textures/gameplay to make them look more modern. People need to take their rose tinted nostalgia goggles off. These old games fun as they were look like shit now.

I also like some old games, like Quake and Doom. But that doesn't mean I would not enjoy then even more with better graphics. In fact when I do play them I tend to use graphic mods with updated modes/textures/gameplay to make them look more modern. People need to take their rose tinted nostalgia goggles off. These old games fun as they were look like shit now.
Dude please stop, ok enjoy graphics , watch videos and good graphics and admire them for all i care....guys like you ruin gaming ngl.

I have noticed that most of the pixel art defenders have anime gifs. Figures.

jfl @ not buying a nes
Thank you aniki !!! People don't apreciate old consoles and retro games. If we didn't have these we would still be playing pong.

pixels in 2018 are lowkey soy tbh.

the famicom looked cooler than the nes even tho they're basically the same why the fuck did they change the design what retards
I agree and it was a toploader too, but it didn't had attachable controls wich sucked , but it could play discs too.

I can't get into those indie pixel games all the soycucks love to recommend either, and I'm a guy whose first console was a sega genesis. I hate the descent in quality we've seen in gaming in the past decade. Every damn game needs to have a competitive mulitplayer, and some shitty set piece campaign with terrible writing. We'll never get another decent RPG with some great writing and good world building, except maybe Cyberpunk 2077.

You must be young. Graphics arent the be all end all

gameplay is more important but good graphics is still a plus

I miss those days when I'd play some PS1 and N64 games with my brothers, probably the best days of my life. We'd play crash bandicoot, goldeneye, Tekken, Zelda, Rampage, that DK game, mario kart, mario party, SSB, spyro, and tons of other stuff. I think OP has a valid opinion on those indie games, they feel lazy and although the writing is lauded they just don't have that spark that keeps you playing.

You must be young. Graphics arent the be all end all

My first console was a NES and I grew up with Super Mario 1 and 3. My second console was a N64. I am no stranger to old graphics.

gameplay is more important but good graphics is still a plus

You can't separate the graphics from the gameplay, because graphics massively affect how the gameplay is presented to the player. Killing stuff is more fun if the gore is presented well.

I don't like the new pixel art but I do like the classic pixel art. It does look a lil weird in HD I think lol

My first console was a NES and I grew up with Super Mario 1 and 3. My second console was a N64. I am no stranger to old graphics.

You can't separate the graphics from the gameplay, because graphics massively affect how the gameplay is presented to the player. Killing stuff is more fun if the gore is presented well.

um... yes you can. you can have uglier games with better gameplay as well. the graphics jump from older consoles like snes to n64 or n64 to ps2 allowed for better gameplay but now were past the point where graphics limitation hinders gameplay.

>retro 2d pixel graphics that attempt to exploit your nostalgia
Soyboy

the graphics jump from older consoles like snes to n64 or n64 to ps2 allowed for better gameplay but now were past the point where graphics limitation hinders gameplay.

Not sure what this has to do with pixel graphics. Yes it no longer makes a big difference if your game has PS3 or PS4 level graphics, but that doesn't change the fact that pixel graphics look like chit.