Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Philosophy Cope

A

Allday

Banned
-
Determinism, to be exact.

Genetics are out of our hands, so why not our fate? If you subscribe to the belief of hard determinism, then every event that has or will ever happen has been predestined to occur since the dawn of time. Think of a game of pool, once hit with the billiard, if you spent enough time you could construct exactly where each ball is going to land. Read up on it more because I can't explain the whole concept of determinism in one post.

So, if you believe this then each chad, each Stacey and the Incels who suffer all had no say in their fate. No one does, so whilst we are still victims, what if change is non-existent? Just a bleak rambling. I could be wrong

I used to think the opposite.

They're probably some certain things in life that's already predetermined for us. Somethings are just out of our control.

Life is sometimes like a long rearing Nile river, some people get eaten up by crocodiles, some end up in okay (a little bruised or whatever), and some will end up in better places.

idkwattodowithlife said:
I used to think the opposite.

They're probably some certain things in life that's already predetermined for us. Somethings are just out of our control.

Life is sometimes like a long rearing Nile river, some people get eaten up by crocodiles, some end up in okay (a little bruised or whatever), and some will end up in better places.

Do you think that some of us were pre-destined to be losers from the beginning?

makuta said:
Do you think that some of us were pre-destined to be losers from the beginning?
Yes.

And it really does sucks.

There has to be losers in life for there to be winners in life. It's analogous to saying if everyone could "become rich," but there has to poor people for there to be rich people. Some people will get the lower end of the stick and others would get the high end of stick.

We're all automatically placed on a totem pole, some may snivel there way to the top, and some will probably drop.

But those at the top, would usually stay at the top.

What about you?

quote-remember-that-you-are-an-actor-in-a-play-and-that-the-playwright-chooses-the-manner-epictetus-76-82-78.jpg

I was trying to cope reading books about stoicism but my procrastination got in the way.

No.

This forum is filled with narcy 4-6 mental cels who can easily change their position in life with only some effort and consistency

They can cheat their genetics

Too bad most good information on doing that is withheld or deliberately scrubbed from forums

No that's a fundamental misunderstanding of the universe, that atoms are just billiard balls that are set on their paths and that everything is predetermined. Modern physics is all about the basic unpredictability of subatomic particles. This is like 2nd semester undergrad physics btw.

philosophy is for cunts