Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Orthodox vs Protestant(evangelical) Bird

You say salvation by faith leads to some austere life? Nah, look around. In the U.S., folks are living large, and consumerism is the real deal. Ain’t nobody living like they’re in a Puritan novel. People are spending cash like there’s no tomorrow, rocking all the latest trends, and drowning in a sea of stuff. Those who follow the Gosple are a minority. Most are Christians in word while they are the ones who degenerate society.

More than work ethnic It is like a hustle to keep up with the Joneses. If you’re so busy grinding away just to prove your faith, you ain't living life you’re missing out on the fun, something almost no one is doing: Protestant communities are just as sectarian as years have the catholic church; It's a meme, there's really no one who believes it.
I don’t see how referencing the actions of explicitly non-Protestant people is useful to describe Protestants. I agree with you that most Americans aren’t practicing Protestants. As an aside, not everything that isn’t grinding would be considered sinful, but the West has a lot of practices that wouldn’t be encouraged or tolerated in stricter societies, the proliferation of gambling is a big one.

Just going to Mass or being confirmed doesn’t cut it; the Catechism stresses that faith means living according to Church values, not just cultural identity. But that happens in all religions, and even more so in Protestantism, where with sola fide they have a free hand to do whatever they want.

The idea of being an “agnostic Catholic” like Macron is basically nonsense. The Church, like all religious institutions call to commitment to faith and morality. You can’t just pick and choose when it’s convenient, But again, this is hypocrisy in religion, not religion itself.
Someone who doesn’t “walk by faith”, either a Protestant or Catholic is not actually religious in my books. However, my point is that it’s far easier for a Catholic to believe he or she is still religious due to adhering to traditions. Northern Europe has seen a rise in disaffiliation compared to Latin Europe, but those populations practically act the same.

high iq post. most properly religious (and not cultural) catholics in the west are just as likely to support israel as protestants i'd add
I think that’s true, but there’s definitely a perception due to the prominence of the UK and US in foreign relations

I think it's because, protestants have work culture, I forgot what it's called. But yes, you're right. But the downside of protestinism is degenrecey.
@Anarcho Nihilist

This is not true.

1280px-Countries_by_percentage_of_Protestants_%282010%29.svg.png

Sub Saharan Africa is protestant. This did not make them rich. The reason people believe that different confessions affect wealth is purely coincidence: most orthodox counties are in eastern Europe and were part if commie block.

If you adjust to this fact theory does not hold. For example take countries from ex-yugoslavia Like Slovenia(orthodox) has higher GDP per capita than Croatia(catholic) and Croatia has higher GDP per capita than Serbia(orthodox).

@Anarcho Nihilist

This is not true.

1280px-Countries_by_percentage_of_Protestants_%282010%29.svg.png

Sub Saharan Africa is protestant. This did not make them rich. The reason people believe that different confessions affect wealth is purely coincidence: most orthodox counties are in eastern Europe and were part if commie block.

If you adjust to this fact theory does not hold. For example take countries from ex-yugoslavia Like Slovenia(orthodox) has higher GDP per capita than Croatia(catholic) and Croatia has higher GDP per capita than Serbia(orthodox).
Good statisticpill.