Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Opinion in anxiolytics

Excluded

Excluded

My life are just failed copes
So I started with this. Because recently I'm anxious and it has helped me to both sleep and be calmer. But I went to the doctor because I wanted the prescription to buy more, and this guy tells me I should not take them because they create dependence.

So what the fuck im gonna take then when I'm nervous again and sleeping 5 hours? I will keep taking this pills for at least a weeks. What do you think about this kind of medication? I'm taking lexatin right now

I know psychiatry isnt popular here but some antipsychotics have strong hypnotic, sedative and anxiolytic effects. For this effect what worked really well for me was Seroquel (quetiapine) and haldol 5mg + promethazine 50mg.

These drugs are far less addictive than benzos.

Last edited:
So I started with this. Because recently I'm anxious and it has helped me to both sleep and be calmer. But I went to the doctor because I wanted the prescription to buy more, and this guy tells me I should not take them because they create dependence.

So what the fuck im gonna take then when I'm nervous again and sleeping 5 hours? I will keep taking this pills for at least a weeks. What do you think about this kind of medication? I'm taking lexatin right now
Brutal ngl

The best option here is to not rely on any substance.

Are you having trouble sleeping?

How many hours do you sleep without the drug?

Brutal ngl

The best option here is to not rely on any substance.

Are you having trouble sleeping?

How many hours do you sleep without the drug?
I was sleeping 5-6 hours on average before taking the pill, not enough for me.

The sleep time should be bad also. It wasn't enough to be functioning correctly. Anxiety is a bitch
Yeah, honestly the anxiety part is worst than losing sleep.

Anxiety can fuck you up by keeping you passive and unable to make decisive moves that require risk.

I don't know man

keeping you passive and unable to make decisive moves
Funny thing is that I'm actually doing moves, that's why my anxiety increases. I've been living in 3 different places and gonna move to another. And everywhere I am I feel lonely

Chad never needs anxiolytics

Never tried them

Funny thing is that I'm actually doing moves, that's why my anxiety increases. I've been living in 3 different places and gonna move to another. And everywhere I am I feel lonely
You dont think it's the change of environment that's making you lose sleep? I lose sleep being outside of my hometown, speaking from personal experience.

You dont think it's the change of environment that's making you lose sleep? I lose sleep being outside of my hometown, speaking from personal experience.
Changes affect me in that regard, but it's necessary

I know psychiatry isnt popular here but some antipsychotics have strong hypnotic, sedative and anxiolytic effects. For this effect what worked really well for me was Seroquel (quetiapine) and haldol 5mg + promethazine 50mg.

These drugs are far less addictive than benzos.
I'm on Seroquel XR right now and it's doing aight.

Also, the only anxiolytics I take are prescribed xanax and thats only before sleep.

Trazodone, mirtazapine are good non-addictive antidepressants for sleep. You should definitely consult it with your doctor though

mirtazapine
It did well for me to sleep time ago, I didn't knew it was non addictive. Fuck it, my doctor is stupid, I want to medicate myself because I can't talk to this bastard everytime I need meds, he knows nothing, you guys give better advise than this guy :reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee:

It's hard to sleep in "new places." It's a survival strategy. Because you don't know how safe it is. After a lifetime of moving around and living in potentially dangerous areas, i find im a light sleeper and half aware of everything within 50meters +/-.

You're better off sleeping light than sleeping drugged. It's much safer.

It's hard to sleep in "new places." It's a survival strategy. Because you don't know how safe it is. After a lifetime of moving around and living in potentially dangerous areas, i find im a light sleeper and half aware of everything within 50meters +/-.

You're better off sleeping light than sleeping drugged. It's much safer.
True bro, I will try better sleep patterns and try to avoid medication, specially the kind of medication that is addictive

never taken them tbh

Sorry i dont take them

True bro, I will try better sleep patterns and try to avoid medication, specially the kind of medication that is addictive
One thing that helped me was, listening.

Basically, you get very quiet, breathe slow and quiet, make no noises@all and just listen. But not a panic type of listening, a "classification" type of listening.

Where you hear a sound and classify it (as known harmless) then move on to the next one.

Like counting sheep except with sounds. Then you can feel safe enough to sleep. And if you do hear a threatening sound as you sleep you can/ will, wake up & react to it calmly.

One thing that helped me was, listening.

Basically, you get very quiet, breathe slow and quiet, make no noises@all and just listen. But not a panic type of listening, a "classification" type of listening.

Where you hear a sound and classify it (as known harmless) then move on to the next one.

Like counting sheep except with sounds. Then you can feel safe enough to sleep. And if you do hear a threatening sound as you sleep you can/ will, wake up & react to it calmly.
Interesting, thanks