Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting On Jew Pills

Wiseman

Wiseman

Law-Abiding Member
★★
It's been so long since the last time I was on SSRIs, but I'm thinking of taking them again. My experience with them wasn't bad; they helped curb my negative thoughts and improved my ability to cope. The latter is very important, since lately I've been unable to enjoy the two classic incel copes--video games and anime. Without these two, there's nothing much for me to do as a NEET other than mindless browsing (shit-tier cope) and the occasional book reading (another cope that's becoming increasingly difficult). So why haven't I taken them yet, you might ask. Well, the problem I've always faced with SSRIs is that their effect wears out with time until they become almost completely ineffective. Hence, I thought I should save them for possible future situations where I could no longer hide and have to deal with people.

It seems, then, that I'm at a dilemma. Should I prioritize the present at the (possible) cost of the future? Or should I play it safe? Keep in mind that I'm living in mental hell right now, and I can neither cope nor have a peaceful sleep. This state of living (if it could even be called living) is becoming so unbearable that I find myself leaning towards the first option.

Should I prioritize the present at the (possible) cost of the future? Or should I play it safe?
If you prioritize the present it means that you will take the SSRIs and if you play it safe then you won't?

If you prioritize the present it means that you will take the SSRIs and if you play it safe then you won't?
Sorry if my thought process is all over the place. I'm just venting, and my inner dialectic may not be clear to those reading.

First of all, I lead a very solitary life and I barely see or talk to anyone. That won't always be the case, as no doubt there will be situations where going out and interacting with people can't be avoided. SSRIs help me with the anxiety that comes from socializing, which is why I've thought about not taking them until I find myself in such situations. If I take the SSRIs now, one or two months later they won't be effective anymore, as I've already explained. And if, after that period, I find myself in a situation where I have to socialize, then I'd be at a very difficult situation, especially considering how long I've been living in solitude. So yes, 'playing it safe' means that I won't.

Has your doctor already tried readjusting the dosis? It usually has to be done once or twice, but the effects should stay the same afterwards without further tolerance increase.

Weight training and a healthy life style also help.
SSRIs help me with the anxiety that comes from socializing, which is why I've thought about not taking them until I find myself in such situations.

Bad idea. SSRI take to long for the full fledged effect. I mean If you wanna wait one to two weeks every time before leaving the house, okay. :feelshaha:

Tell your psychiatrist, what you told us. If the other advice doesn't help ask for alternative meds.

Last edited:
Well, the problem I've always faced with SSRIs is that their effect wears out with time until they become almost completely ineffective.
How much time? An acute amount, like a day? Every chemical compound has a half-life, and SSRI's are no exception. Or do you mean something longer, like a month or two? Like any drug, SSRI's need to be cycled to minimize tolerance. So for example, one month, you'd be taking Schlomozine, then the next month, you'd take Moishepam, the one after that, you'd take Mordecaiamine, then the next month, start the cycle again with Schlomozine.

Has your doctor already tried readjusting the dosis? It usually has to be done once or twice, but the effects should stay the same afterwards without further tolerance increase.

Weight training and a healthy life style also help.

Bad idea. SSRI take to long for the full fledged effect. I mean If you wanna wait one to two weeks every time before leaving the house, okay. :feelshaha:

Tell your psychiatrist, what you told us. If the other advice doesn't help ask for alternative meds.
I don't visit a psychiatrist. From my previous experience, SSRIs only take a day or two until I could feel their effects, which only grew weaker as time passed by. It could've just been a placebo effect, but I'm operating under the assumption that it wasn't.

How much time? An acute amount, like a day? Every chemical compound has a half-life, and SSRI's are no exception. Or do you mean something longer, like a month or two? Like any drug, SSRI's need to be cycled to minimize tolerance. So for example, one month, you'd be taking Schlomozine, then the next month, you'd take Moishepam, the one after that, you'd take Mordecaiamine, then the next month, start the cycle again with Schlomozine.
Yeah, I mean something like a month or two. Switching between different meds is what I'm probably going to do, but I'm still worried that I'd end up developing a tolerance to all SSRIs in general. But maybe I'm overthinking things.

Over for you
That is correct.

Have you decided? (just curious, you don't have to answer)

im glad i never had them

Just get some "saint John's wort!" Less side effects. Less begging. Less blood tests. Easy to grow yourself if you wanted to. Cheap.

Its a serotonin plus dopamine booster that you can take the day before expected stress.

Works ok too!