Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

On Happiness

T

Tuttle

Banned
-
Sorry my thoughts aren't very ordered.

Everyone is unhappy here.  And most of it is based on envy (thanks who to corrected me earlier - can't remember who.)  But really our situation is not as new as you think.  I do think there are more of us, proportionately.  But is it nothing new.  People died young, in wars for example, in various ways.  Some never married.  Probably more of an outcast in some ways then if you weren't.  And you wouldn't have the internet.  People lived in towns, usually much smaller than we are used to, and didn't travel and maybe only had work, church and books to take their mind off things. 

I remember hearing a discussion about in the West, more so than the East, there is this emphasis on happiness AND a belief it is up to you to be happy.  So if you are not happy it is your fault.  Maybe I'm not capturing it right but it kinda makes sense.

I think the unhappiness is also based a lot on loneliness, a feeling of failure and a lack of perspective for most people, there is much more to it than envy and I don't think you can just decide to not be unhappy

Tuttle said:
Plenty have.

Maybe but the succes depends very much on the individual case, if a person is deeply depressed it won't work for sure.
Does it work for you, may I ask? Are you even an incel or unhappy?

I am unhappy because I am missing out on a lot of things because of my ugliness. My life would have looked much better were I not ugly, then I'd have a shot at being happy.

Most incels don't have the chance to get enamored with love; this causes us to become empty voids that loathes everyday living and were in a need for affection since we're distraughted by our lack luster of love. Luckily, we founded solace here and I guess in some way, we do have it better than those that live in the pre-internet era, so do I feel that you're right in that regard.

We're the side characters to the story of life. Scratch that, we're character concept designs that never came to be part of the story.

Erenor said:
Maybe but the succes depends very much on the individual case, if a person is deeply depressed it won't work for sure.
Does it work for you, may I ask? Are you even an incel or unhappy?

Yeah, I acknowledge legit depression. 

As for myself I always suspected I would end up like Slartibartfast
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPWnitDyIOw[/video]

Morf12 said:
We're the side characters to the story of life. Scratch that, we're character concept designs that never came to be part of the story.

OK, so make the most of it.  Even if intelligent life is ever found it won't be anything like humans - probably won't be able to communicate with it.  Humans are unique in the universe.  No other known creature can do the things we do.  Travel to space, fly, examine things smaller than we can see with the unaided eye, understand (somewhat) the atomic and subatomic world, master materials, send impulsed through the air through radio waves and light.  There is a whole world waiting out there and most of us are hung up about some stupid cunt's opinion of us.  Now that I type that out is really seems pathetic, doesn't it?  A lot of the people who contributed to human knowledge and technology had unhappy personal lives.  No one really cares.