Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Older women dating younger men are LESS stigmatized than older men dating younger women, study shows.

E

Edmund_Kemper

Disregard my larping efforts. I can’t change it.
-

Age-gap relationships were harshly judged by people and seen as inequitable. They believed that the older person would receive more benefits at the expense of the younger person. Nonetheless, the participants rated the older man dating the younger woman more harshly than the older woman and younger man. Both however, were rated much more harshly compared to age similar couples. There were 99 participants ages 19 to 63 years old (mean age=29.49, SD=7.23) (62 men, 35 women, and 2 people who did not pick a gender) recruited from Amazon's MTurk.

As seen in Fig. 1, people expressed greater prejudice towards young men’s relationships when they partnered with older (M = 55.45, SD = 32.60), rather than younger women (M = 81.95, SD = 20.17), t(97) = −7.45, p < .001, d = .97.1 Similarly, people expressed greater prejudice towards older men’s relationships when they partnered with younger (M = 50.70, SD = 33.04), rather than older women (M = 80.08, SD = 22.45), t(97) = −8.34, p < .001, d = 1.04. Planned contrasts revealed that, in general, age-gap couples (M = 52.84, SD = 31.36) were liked significantly less than age-matched couples (M = 80.70, SD = 19.19), t(97) = −8.61, p < .001, d = 1.07.
Older men dating younger women were rated 50.7 (SD=33.04) but older women dating younger men were rated 55.45 (SD=32.6).
Screen Shot 2022 06 22 at 90259 PM

Then participants rated how they perceived inequity in relationships based on age-gender dynamics. "Participants inferred the extent to which each relationship was inequitable using a 7- point scale, ranging from 1 (He is getting a much better deal than she is) to 7 (She is getting a much better deal than he is). The midpoint of the scale was labeled 4 (They are both getting the same, equal deal)."

As seen in Fig. 2, people perceived greater inequity within older men’s relationships when they partnered with younger (M = 3.44, SD = 1.91), rather than older women (M = 4.44, SD = 1.08), t(97) = 5.70, p < .001, d = .65. Such that, older men were perceived to benefit more when they partnered with younger women than older women. Similarly, people perceived significantly greater inequity within younger men’s relationships when they partnered with older (M = 4.95, SD = 1.60), rather than younger women (M = 4.58, SD = 1.06), t(96) = −2.02, p < .05, d = 0.27. Planned contrasts revealed that, in general, age-gap couples (M = 52.84, SD = 31.36) were liked significantly less than age-matched couples (M = 80.70, SD = 19.19), t(97) = −8.61, p < .001, d = 1.07.
Screen Shot 2022 06 22 at 91807 PM

They found that the more a person perceived inequity in an age gap relationship, the more harshly they judged an age gap relationship, but the more they perceived inequity in an age-match relationship did NOT increase their negative perception of an age-match relationship.

And age gap couples were judged much more harshly than mixed-socioeconomic status couples (rich dates poor), mixed-weight (fat person and thin person together) couples and interracial couples.
Screen Shot 2022 06 22 at 94437 PM

ovER,
I'm 27 now, better ascend with a 18 /19 year old by 30 or i've lost my chance

Your posts are good because they include research and all but you should try to drop more blackpills tbh, this is some sort of water wet post.

The double standard is glaring. Soyciety has become so cucked that feminist propaganda permeated western culture and made men subservient to their fickle whims. Now men have become ashamed to engage in relationships with women when there is an age gap because it means some whores will public humiliate them. When did we become so weak? When did society become so gynocentric and cucked?? And don’t fucking tell me it’s always been like that because traditionally none of this shit existed a couple of centuries ago.

You need to get a career in research. You’re quite good at it. You should also focus on a niche like exposing feminism using factual data. I know Jordan Peterson did that for a while and he was quite successful with it.
i wish i could conduct my own studies

The double standard is glaring. Soyciety has become so cucked that feminist propaganda permeated western culture and made men subservient to their fickle whims. Now men have become ashamed to engage in relationships with women when there is an age gap because it means some whores will public humiliate them. When did we become so weak? When did society become so gynocentric and cucked?? And don’t fucking tell me it’s always been like that because traditionally none of this shit existed a couple of centuries ago.

Age-gap relationships were harshly judged by people and seen as inequitable. They believed that the older person would receive more benefits at the expense of the younger person. Nonetheless, the participants rated the older man dating the younger woman more harshly than the older woman and younger man. Both however, were rated much more harshly compared to age similar couples. There were 99 participants ages 19 to 63 years old (mean age=29.49, SD=7.23) (62 men, 35 women, and 2 people who did not pick a gender) recruited from Amazon's MTurk.

Older men dating younger women were rated 50.7 (SD=33.04) but older women dating younger men were rated 55.45 (SD=32.6).
View attachment 631052
Then participants rated how they perceived inequity in relationships based on age-gender dynamics. "Participants inferred the extent to which each relationship was inequitable using a 7- point scale, ranging from 1 (He is getting a much better deal than she is) to 7 (She is getting a much better deal than he is). The midpoint of the scale was labeled 4 (They are both getting the same, equal deal)."

View attachment 631054

They found that the more a person perceived inequity in an age gap relationship, the more harshly they judged an age gap relationship, but the more they perceived inequity in an age-match relationship did NOT increase their negative perception of an age-match relationship.

And age gap couples were judged much more harshly than mixed-socioeconomic status couples (rich dates poor), mixed-weight (fat person and thin person together) couples and interracial couples.
View attachment 631060
Hi iq

the equation used to be to divide your age by 2 and add 7, does it not apply anymore?
No. People don’t really believe in that

Do one on how lesbians are less stigmatized than gays.

take the fucking grannypill
Grannypill

View attachment 631052

View attachment 631054

View attachment 631060
Great post mate

Why do relationships have to be "equal" anyway? No one ever says why this is. It's just assumed to be a good thing, but no one ever says why.

I also think that it has to do with the looks of the man. Let's say that an 18 year old girl is in public and she's with a man that's say 35. The 35 year old man she's with is a good looking, had all his hair and in shape man that can pass for 25/26. People will still stigmatize the relationship, but less so than if the man was 35 but he was fat, balding and looked like he could be 45 or 46.

View attachment 631052

View attachment 631054

View attachment 631060
I always figured this to be the case. A 35 year old foid who has sex with say a 19 year old man would be much more accepted than a 35 year old man who has sex with a 19 year old foid.

And I wish there was a study to confirm it, but I'd wager to say that a 35 year old fag that sleeps with a 19 year old fag would be much more acceptable than a straight 35 year old man who has sex with a 19 year old foid

I always figured this to be the case. A 35 year old foid who has sex with say a 19 year old man would be much more accepted than a 35 year old man who has sex with a 19 year old foid.

And I wish there was a study to confirm it, but I'd wager to say that a 35 year old fag that sleeps with a 19 year old fag would be much more acceptable than a straight 35 year old man who has sex with a 19 year old foid
yeah gay couples actually have more age gaps

Women are less stigmatized for everything.

This was obvious, though it's nice to have the data for it.
We live in a blatant gynocracy. Society has literally been operating on literal, actual "women good, men bad" for decades.

Clown World indeed

Yeah. We are constantly told by feminists and women, that being a cougar should be normalized, but it is completely normal and no one judges you. Only older men are judged when they date younger women. Its just that older women don't even want to date younger men, except for sex. Because women are materialists and hypergamist so they want the guy to have more wealth than she does. If a much older woman wants to date me, then beckybuxx for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back