Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News NVIDIA got Putin'ed

• Thread starter Deleted member 41074
  • Start date
Deleted member 41074

Deleted member 41074

Self-banned
-

Don't update your drivers for a while boys.
Avoid any software or software updates from NVIDIA until they release a statement and this dies down.
The software may contain some of that Russian malware. And since a lot of yall are Windows cuck, it may hit you.
Of course, truecels are GNU/Linux chads or even BSD chads and they don't fuck around with NVIDIA hardware because they are assholes who won't release good open source & free as in freedom drivers.
Expect a lot of US businesses to get POWNED by Russia in the next weeks or months. Have fun!
It might just be the website that got compromised but they are not sure.

Thx for the heads up

Thx for the heads up
Follow SomeOrdinaryGamers on youtube, he is a cool curry that's interested in cryptoscams, NFTs and also (related to this) cybersecurity. He doesn't always show it to his audience but some of the terms he used (of course not just thrown around to make himself look smart, but used properly) makes us know he knows a bit more about computers than the regular guy. My bet is he is an ex-STEM like many other curries out there.
Plus he is funny. Even if he's probably bluepilled.
Ah and he is on GNU/Linux and uses virtual machines to run video games.

NVidia deserve it, they are jackasses for raping everyone with hyperinflated GPU prices.

NVidia deserve it, they are jackasses for raping everyone with hyperinflated GPU prices.
It's their consoomers who will be impacted :feelshmm:
And if people knew how much technology, material and overall value goes into their computers they wouldn't throw them around or change them for the new model every so often.
But soyboys want 3D video games from this year instead of being content with games from a few years ago with reduced price, fixed bugs, proper translations and a good amount of reviews online. Plus cracks for us poorcels.
That and windows doesn't give a fuck about old computers or niche hardware and they don't support it.
Like them requiring TPM and giving the middle finger to everyone out there who doesn't meet this hardware requirement.
It's also used for anticheat systems in video games but in the future it will be used to lock users down and even control what software they can run. Just wait&see, soon you'll be on the Microsoft Store and your desktop computer will feel and be as limited as a "smart"phone.
Making you the total consoomer with no freedom to know what's going on on your device or to modify it as you please. Of course we also don't have the right to redistribute proprietary software.

Fundamental freedoms for a good and fair digital life :
  1. The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose.
  2. The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
  3. The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor.
  4. The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others. By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
If those are not respected we are merely the used and not the users, we are not agents on our own devices.
Sadly, zoomers won't get this as they were raised on smartphones and proprietary locked down platforms that don't allow for shit and take the user for a dumbass that can only scroll and push big buttons.
This mobile trend is ruining web design, desktop apps no longer exist, it ruins society with social media and it's a good way to have no privacy whatsoever.

I'm actually baffled we still have this forum up and running. They could easily make it disappear by simply putting blacklists on DNS servers and 90 % of the userbase from the USA would not know how to access the website anymore. Or depending on the country, just go to the server provider and tell him to shut this down. Kinda shows either they don't give a fuck about us (which is a good thing), we don't do anything wrong unlike what IT says or it's a honeypot.

Credits to Richard Stallman for spearheading the software freedom movement.

Last edited:
Isn't most inflation on Ebay and shit ?
Isn't most inflation because of supply chain issues ?
Isn't most inflation because of a short supply strained even more by cryptokiddies who make Bitcoin farms with tons of graphics card and buy new ones out the whazoo ?
I'm really asking here.
@Dotrinfobe

@OscarAllius
C7592000 6FF3 426F A2F1 7D7D792C3FB6

I was searching for this guy because of his avi, it's fitting perfectly with the topic at hand.
It's from a conference (Debian conference if I remember correctly) where he complains about NVIDIA with the famous "NVIDIA, fuck you !"
Yeah, I saw that video too. And now I wholeheartedly felt that statement now that I have an old computer with NVIDIA graphics that the company stopped creating drivers for the new kernel and Xorg versions. And nouveau is shit and always hangs my computer.

Gonna tag @C&UNIX, @proudweeb and @ihateamogus to come along.

Yeah, I saw that video too. And now I wholeheartedly felt that statement now that I have an old computer with NVIDIA graphics that the company stopped creating drivers for the new kernel and Xorg versions. And nouveau is shit and always hangs my computer.

Gonna tag @C&UNIX, @proudweeb and @ihateamogus to come along.
You got to give credit to Nouveau though as they are reverse engineering the hardware itself, that's even more hardcore than reverse engineering software.
I also have an NVIDIA GPU but that was from before I realized I should buy my hardware to fit my software and not the other around. In an perfect world that would not be the case but vendors seem to hate standards and like doing things their own little snowflake way so they are not supported or they are only supported by giant companies like Microsoft.
I don't play videogames tho so even with Nouveau I have no issues.
Xorg is also a hot topic on Linux. Some want to keep it and others want to transition to Wayland. I don't understand 100 % about it but I'd prefer keeping Xorg as as far as I know some things are not possible on Wayland like grabbing the screen for video recording or having keybindings for the whole desktop environment. That's because Wayland sandboxes every Wayland client so OBS or any app trying to record the screen can't because they can only access what they put out in their little pixel buffer and not what others are doing. Improves security to prevent easy keyloggers to be implemented and other nasty spyware but also removes some much needed possibilities.
There is also performance boosts from using Wayland but again as more of a frugal user I don't chase performance. I actually spend a lot of time with text only environments such as the terminal or GNU Emacs. Even fucked around in the TTY (the terminal you get at boot or when shit hits the fan and Xorg crashes) for a bit.

You got to give credit to Nouveau though as they are reverse engineering the hardware itself, that's even more hardcore than reverse engineering software.
I also have an NVIDIA GPU but that was from before I realized I should buy my hardware to fit my software and not the other around. In an perfect world that would not be the case but vendors seem to hate standards and like doing things their own little snowflake way so they are not supported or they are only supported by giant companies like Microsoft.
I don't play videogames tho so even with Nouveau I have no issues.
Xorg is also a hot topic on Linux. Some want to keep it and others want to transition to Wayland. I don't understand 100 % about it but I'd prefer keeping Xorg as as far as I know some things are not possible on Wayland like grabbing the screen for video recording or having keybindings for the whole desktop environment. That's because Wayland sandboxes every Wayland client so OBS or any app trying to record the screen can't because they can only access what they put out in their little pixel buffer and not what others are doing. Improves security to prevent easy keyloggers to be implemented and other nasty spyware but also removes some much needed possibilities.
There is also performance boosts from using Wayland but again as more of a frugal user I don't chase performance. I actually spend a lot of time with text only environments such as the terminal or GNU Emacs. Even fucked around in the TTY (the terminal you get at boot or when shit hits the fan and Xorg crashes) for a bit.
Same, I mainly use TTY but I have Xorg with a few desktop environments that I like to use. Most of my PCs are from the 2000s but they still work and suit me well for the things I want to do.

And I wish they keep Xorg because there are still a lot of classic window managers that I really like such as Window Maker and FVWM, that I still want to be able to use. If Linux tries to break away from the UNIX tradition and goes full Wayland without choice to use Xorg then I'm switching to the BSDs.

Same, I mainly use TTY but I have Xorg with a few desktop environments that I like to use. Most of my PCs are from the 2000s but they still work and suit me well for the things I want to do.
Light distros/desktop environment are perfect for that. I'm on Debian/XFCE and it's known to be on the lighter side, what about you ?
And yeah a desktop environment is needed for browsing this website.
I didn't try without but in order to work in a terminal based web browser the website should work without Javascript as I'm not aware of any terminal based web browser that handles Javascript or CSS for that matter. It's also torture for not much benefit.
I modified my browser a bit tho and for a while I even desactived pictures because they distracted me.
I know I should use a VPN for that website but I don't care if the FBI knocks at my door at this point :feelshaha:
And I don't have the money to waste for a VPN that will betray me if the feds come at them asking for my personal information

Light distros/desktop environment are perfect for that. I'm on Debian/XFCE and it's known to be on the lighter side, what about you ?
On most of my PCs (including my main one with the outdated NVIDIA graphics) runs Devuan. The main one has XFCE, while the others have Window Maker, IceWM, MWM and Notion installed. The iMac G5 has FreeBSD with Window Maker and GNUStep.

I choose stable distros instead of rolling because I have shitty Internet, and I rather work with something I don't have to update and keep plugged in all the time. And of course with the NVIDIA computer I am running oldstable because the kernel patches for the drivers only go to kernel version 5.4 as of now.
And yeah a desktop environment is needed for browsing this website.
I didn't try without but in order to work in a terminal based web browser the website should work without Javascript as I'm not aware of any terminal based web browser that handles Javascript or CSS for that matter. It's also torture for not much benefit.
I modified my browser a bit tho and for a while I even desactived pictures because they distracted me.
What browser do you use?

I use SeaMonkey mostly because of it's classic aesthetics. On my older PCs I use Dillo and links2.

Update for interested autistcels : You can actually browse this website from a terminal web browser such as W3M (only I tested, might test on EWW which is Emacs web browser) but it's very hard to decipher because a lot of stuff that would get properly laid out with CSS just gets dumped before and after each comment. You also apparently can log in but can't post a message. I think the whole message posting feature relies on Javascript and isn't based on a basic web form.

Update for interested autistcels : You can actually browse this website from a terminal web browser such as W3M (only I tested, might test on EWW which is Emacs web browser) but it's very hard to decipher because a lot of stuff that would get properly laid out with CSS just gets dumped before and after each comment. You also apparently can log in but can't post a message. I think the whole message posting feature relies on Javascript and isn't based on a basic web form.
It sucks when terminal-based browsers don't even support basic CSS positioning and tables.

Good to know, fortunately I update my drivers sporadically.

On most of my PCs (including my main one with the outdated NVIDIA graphics) runs Devuan. The main one has XFCE, while the others have Window Maker, IceWM, MWM and Notion installed. The iMac G5 has FreeBSD with Window Maker and GNUStep.

I choose stable distros instead of rolling because I have shitty Internet, and I rather work with something I don't have to update and keep plugged in all the time. And of course with the NVIDIA computer I am running oldstable because the kernel patches for the drivers only go to kernel version 5.4 as of now.

What browser do you use?

I use SeaMonkey mostly because of it's classic aesthetics. On my older PCs I use Dillo and links2.
You are more knowledgeable than me, if you know where I can learn more about Linux/distros and desktop environment in general, I would appreciate it.
And I didn't know SeaMonkey was a thing. I use Firefox and I looked up some alternatives who uses the same engine such as Palemoon but I wasn't satisfied so I stick with Firefox and a few addons, mainly : a dark mode because I hate black text on white background, ruins my nocturnal nerd eyes, an extension to spoof my user agent because I don't want websites to know which web browser and which version I use (I know when Javascript is enabled, the script they run can probably find out but when I disable Javascript they can't), an addon to disable Javascript at a fine grain level (like domain name, per tab or even per script) and an addon called Privacy Redirect which redirects me to alternatives to Youtube or Twitter or Cuckdit when I happened to click on those links. There are cool proxies which allows you to watch Youtube without connecting to their servers and getting their algorithm ridden suggestions. I also keep a RSS feed with youtube subscriptions so they don't know what channels I'm subscribed to. It's also a bonus not to have ads (more like AIDS).
RSS feeds are amazing, that's how I knew for NVIDIA, I have an RSS feed of hackernews.
I can't believe I didn't know about them until in my 20s. Fucking internet became shit long before I came on it.
I also have a few options enabled in firefox like spoofing the web referer because it's used to track you. I also disable cookies entirely sometimes. I have a few profiles on Firefox depending on how I want to use it.
I'm not living in the lie of perfect privacy or anything. I don't care as I know it's impossible not to compromise yourself. The stuff is so complex at multiple levels and it changes all the time.

You are more knowledgeable than me, if you know where I can learn more about Linux/distros and desktop environment in general, I would appreciate it.
If you already know DistroTube, it has a lot of information about most Linux distros out there as well as other open source operating systems like the BSDs and Haiku.

This site gives comparisons about different desktop environments and distros, as well as other information: https://eylenburg.github.io/index.html

And this site has information about the different window managers for X: http://www.xwinman.org/index.php

Same for https://www.gilesorr.com/wm/

And this site has information on Linux distros that don't use systemd as well as other Unices: https://nosystemd.org/

And this site also (the site demands for JavaScript to be disabled in order to access): https://eldritchdata.neocities.org/GNU/DistroList.html
And I didn't know SeaMonkey was a thing. I use Firefox and I looked up some alternatives who uses the same engine such as Palemoon but I wasn't satisfied so I stick with Firefox and a few addons, mainly : a dark mode because I hate black text on white background, ruins my nocturnal nerd eyes, an extension to spoof my user agent because I don't want websites to know which web browser and which version I use (I know when Javascript is enabled, the script they run can probably find out but when I disable Javascript they can't), an addon to disable Javascript at a fine grain level (like domain name, per tab or even per script) and an addon called Privacy Redirect which redirects me to alternatives to Youtube or Twitter or Cuckdit when I happened to click on those links. There are cool proxies which allows you to watch Youtube without connecting to their servers and getting their algorithm ridden suggestions. I also keep a RSS feed with youtube subscriptions so they don't know what channels I'm subscribed to. It's also a bonus not to have ads (more like AIDS).
RSS feeds are amazing, that's how I knew for NVIDIA, I have an RSS feed of hackernews.
I can't believe I didn't know about them until in my 20s. Fucking internet became shit long before I came on it.
I also have a few options enabled in firefox like spoofing the web referer because it's used to track you. I also disable cookies entirely sometimes. I have a few profiles on Firefox depending on how I want to use it.
I'm not living in the lie of perfect privacy or anything. I don't care as I know it's impossible not to compromise yourself. The stuff is so complex at multiple levels and it changes all the time.
SeaMonkey is pretty much a modern-day continuation of Netscape Navigator, if you're old enough to remember that. It's pretty much the same interface as the old Mozilla and it isn't just a web browser but an Internet suite that also includes an e-mail and newsgroup client that can also read RSS feeds. However extension support is very poor because it's based on the old XUL platform Firefox used to use and not WebExtensions that modern Firefox uses, and is also non-UXP. There is an extension converter that will convert Firefox and Thunderbird addons to work with SeaMonkey. And also there is a plugin that allows you to access Gopher natively.

Last edited:
If you already know DistroTube, it has a lot of information about most Linux distros out there as well as other open source operating systems like the BSDs and Haiku.

This site gives comparisons about different desktop environments and distros, as well as other information: https://eylenburg.github.io/index.html

And this site has information about the different window managers for X: http://www.xwinman.org/index.php

And this site has information on Linux distros that don't use systemd as well as other Unices: https://nosystemd.org/

And this site also (the site demands for JavaScript to be disabled in order to access): https://eldritchdata.neocities.org/GNU/DistroList.html

SeaMonkey is pretty much a modern-day continuation of Netscape Navigator, if you're old enough to remember that. It's pretty much the same interface as the old Mozilla and it isn't just a web browser but an Internet suite that also includes an e-mail and newsgroup client that can also read RSS feeds. However extension support is very poor because it's based on the old XUL platform Firefox used to use and not WebExtensions that modern Firefox uses, and is also non-UXP. There is an extension converter that will convert Firefox and Thunderbird addons to work with SeaMonkey. And also there is a plugin that allows you to access Gopher natively.
Thanks for the various links !
Seems like you and me are on the same page on a lot of stuff computer-wise.
I know distrotube, I enjoy some of his videos. I often wonder if he's an incel, but I don't think so as he is white, blue eyed and used to be a manager so quite status-maxxed.
I never knew Netscape Navigator at ALL. I'm in my twenties, probably by definition a zoomer but I don't identify with a lot of them as I'm an incel and quite the computer Luddite. I see value in simplicity and the modern web is bloated and complex. Gopher has a few drawbacks (like supporting old formats that don't exist and a weird syntax for gophermaps, and no way to specify file encoding if I'm correct) but it's cool as fuck. I also like Gemini too, it's really a good alternative protocol and I love browsing the Gemini "web" from time to time. Usually full of computer nerds way more knowledgeable than me and I always learn stuff or have fun. It's also distraction free as there are no inline images or links, media, ads, javascript...
It's cool that neocities pushes back against Javascript by default by requiring it disabled :feelshaha:
I also like HexDSL, I know he is probably an incel hater but I like his computer oriented videos.
I'm actually making (at a very fucking slow pace) a shitty utility to generate a static website (just html and css) from a directory that just lists the subdirectories and files, Gopher-style and the way I made it I can also generate Gophermaps and Gemtext at the same time so I can deploy the thing on the three protocols.
I was thinking of making a blog using the-basement in the domain name to ironically take this phrase used to mock basement dwellers and turn it into a blackpill blog but also a computer related blog.
I'm really sad I didn't work enough to go into IT because I was severly depressed at the end of High School (with an eating disorder just like a foid) so I ended up not even graduating. It's the biggest regret of my life as I love computers and programming but learning everything on your own as I do is hard as fuck and you lose a lot of time where people would just learn from the best/their teachers and be in a environment where they can ask questions and interact. On top of that I don't know for you but English isn't my first language so there's that barrier too. I'm pity begging but that's what I do best :fuk:
Anyway, thanks for the links and the opportunity to discuss with a computer enthusiast like me.

I also suspect Luke Smith of being aware of the blackpill or at least the memes surrounding it as he uses a lot of 4chan lexicon like Pepe and Soyjack and Bluepilled and Cuck.
He is also based computer-wise as a anti-modern-web and pro-linux advocate.

Last edited:
Thanks for the various links !
Seems like you and me are on the same page on a lot of stuff computer-wise.
I know distrotube, I enjoy some of his videos. I often wonder if he's an incel, but I don't think so as he is white, blue eyed and used to be a manager so quite status-maxxed.
Oh, I meant DistroWatch. But DistroTube is a good channel especially for beginners who want to learn the UNIX system. Same with Luke Smith.

But yeah, I knida wondered that since it doesn't seem like he has a wife or children.
I never knew Netscape Navigator at ALL. I'm in my twenties, probably by definition a zoomer but I don't identify with a lot of them as I'm an incel and quite the computer Luddite. I see value in simplicity and the modern web is bloated and complex. Gopher has a few drawbacks (like supporting old formats that don't exist and a weird syntax for gophermaps, and no way to specify file encoding if I'm correct) but it's cool as fuck. I also like Gemini too, it's really a good alternative protocol and I love browsing the Gemini "web" from time to time. Usually full of computer nerds way more knowledgeable than me and I always learn stuff or have fun. It's also distraction free as there are no inline images or links, media, ads, javascript...
Same here, I'm pretty old-fashioned when it comes to tech. Of course, I don't use social media only YouTube and some forums and imageboards like this one. I do like the Spartaness of those older protocols like Gopher and Gemini, even HTTP with just HTML 4.1 + CSS 2. I hate Discord and all that other bloated spyware that normies use.

Also, do you know about IRC?
It's cool that neocities pushes back against Javascript by default by requiring it disabled :feelshaha:
I also like HexDSL, I know he is probably an incel hater but I like his computer oriented videos.
I'm actually making (at a very fucking slow pace) a shitty utility to generate a static website (just html and css) from a directory that just lists the subdirectories and files, Gopher-style and the way I made it I can also generate Gophermaps and Gemtext at the same time so I can deploy the thing on the three protocols.
I was thinking of making a blog using the-basement in the domain name to ironically take this phrase used to mock basement dwellers and turn it into a blackpill blog but also a computer related blog.
I'm really sad I didn't work enough to go into IT because I was severly depressed at the end of High School (with an eating disorder just like a foid) so I ended up not even graduating. It's the biggest regret of my life as I love computers and programming but learning everything on your own as I do is hard as fuck and you lose a lot of time where people would just learn from the best/their teachers and be in a environment where they can ask questions and interact. On top of that I don't know for you but English isn't my first language so there's that barrier too. I'm pity begging but that's what I do best :fuk:
Anyway, thanks for the links and the opportunity to discuss with a computer enthusiast like me.
I'm learning programming on my own. I know how you feel since I'm also struggling with my social anxiety and my eating habits.

I did manage to create a very basic wiki in PHP in one day. I already know enough HTML and CSS to create a website without JavaScript. Rn I want to learn Python so I can move on to learn Go and eventually C and C++.

And I'm bilingual since I'm Latino living in the U.S. Technically Spanish is my native language and I speak it with my family but I speak English more.

Last edited:
Oh, I meant DistroWatch. But DistroTube is a good channel especially for beginners who want to learn the UNIX system. Same with Luke Smith.

But yeah, I knida wondered that since it doesn't seem like he has a wife or children.

Same here, I'm pretty old-fashioned when it comes to tech. Of course, I don't use social media only YouTube and some forums and imageboards like this one. I do like the Spartaness of those older protocols like Gopher and Gemini, even HTTP with just HTML 4.1 + CSS 2. I hate Discord and all that other bloated spyware that normies use.

Also, do you know about IRC?

I'm learning programming on my own. I know how you feel since I'm also struggling with my social anxiety and my eating habits.

I did manage to create a very basic wiki in PHP in one day. I already know enough HTML and CSS to create a website without JavaScript. Rn I want to learn Python so I can move on to learn Go and eventually C and C++.

And I'm bilingual since I'm Latino living in the U.S. Technically Spanish is my native language and I speak it with my family but I speak English more.
Sorry I read Distrotube because the name is similar and I have coombrain.
I know IRC but never used it. I know it's a text messaging protocol that's been around for a while. I'm more into C than C++ as C++ is really complicated and carries a lot of baggages from all the years. A more modern, clean alternative that keeps the same performance but with a lot of the things they learned about programming languages over the years is Rust. It's more complex than C but in practice C is really limited, the standard library is almost non-existent and the capacity for error is huge, you can mess up a program really easy and even geniuses like Linus Thorvald or other kernel developpers mess up all the time. It's an old computer language from a time where computers where mainframes you logged into using a terminal. It's old and I respect it's place as a very low level language, or as they used to call it : a portable assembly but it's not the best for modern huge apps. At least not directly, that's why most game engines are made with C or C++ (complex, easy to mess up but lets you optimize a lot and don't burden you with a garbage collector or "bloat") but the gameplay is made with a scripting language like Lua (shout out to the incel here who talks about Lua all the time, I don't remember his username) for easy modification and it allows for a more iterative process like you tweak something, see what it does, tweak it again on the fly...
Rust is the new C++ is what I'm trying to say. It's still used MASSIVELY as there are tons of programmers who know C++ and C++ codebases out there but in the future and to learn as a hobby, my research indicates that Rust is a more sane option. C++ tries to get on par with Rust and other modern languages but since it's old the syntax looks cryptic (if you know about it, look up what template metaprogramming is and how it can get real hard, real fast).
There is also value in the higher level languages when performance isn't that important. Cool ones that aren't too mainstream and have been around for half a century are the Lisp family of languages. They are based on a few "simple" concepts but very powerful. Of course not adapted to make an entire OS in it (although there have been Lisp machines as they were called and people say they were fantastic and way better than Unix).
The best bang for your buck in terms of scripting language or high level language is Javascript or Python I think since they get the most attention. Lots of modules/libraries for them, tons of learning material, tooling and a long term support. The environment matters a lot, some say even more than the language as it can make up for a shitty language. I definitely find value in that as when I program in C you implement a lot of stuff ad-hoc.
Go is a cool middleground, it has a garbage collector but it's fast enough since it's compiled to native code unlike Java or languages targetting the JVM (that is languages that gets compiled into Java Bytecode). It's backed up by Google so it's there to stay and it's been used by a lot of big companies, it's taking over the Backend side of the web from what I've seen, PHP used to be big there but it's slower than Go and the language is a mess compared to Go. Of course all of it subject of huge debates but it's commonly agreed that Go is a simpler, albeit very opinionated (there is only way to do it, kinda like Python philosophy) language.
If you are interested in the Web, HTML/CSS, Javascript and Go are good languages to learn from what I can tell.
I'm more into the desktop side of things but I'm ultimately interested into everything computer or even electronics related. Even math if I had a way to learn about them. God even physics.
Python is good, you are right to want to learn it. It's really used nowadays, even for the web with Django and other frameworks.

Cool to see other self-taught incels here anyway :feelsaww:

I have not updated my nvidia driver to the latest one as the previous version runs all titles.

I have not updated my nvidia driver to the latest one as the previous version runs all titles.
Most drivers run games just fine.
It's just that they allow for extensions and new features that some triple A games might take advantage of. Like Ray tracing and other stuff I know nothing about but I know by name.
Ultimately those extensions become standard for all GPUs and gets integrated into the API used by the developpers like DirectX and OpenGL or Vulkan and they push the requirement onto the version of your graphics card like saying you need to be able to run OpenGL 4.0 for example.
So yeah, it depends if you are feature junkie who wants it yesterday or a laid back guy :feelsautistic:
I don't think feature junkies are worse, actually they are probably people who are more comfortable at a faster pace and can adapt quickly to new stuff, including new technologies.

Sorry I read Distrotube because the name is similar and I have coombrain.
I know IRC but never used it. I know it's a text messaging protocol that's been around for a while. I'm more into C than C++ as C++ is really complicated and carries a lot of baggages from all the years. A more modern, clean alternative that keeps the same performance but with a lot of the things they learned about programming languages over the years is Rust. It's more complex than C but in practice C is really limited, the standard library is almost non-existent and the capacity for error is huge, you can mess up a program really easy and even geniuses like Linus Thorvald or other kernel developpers mess up all the time. It's an old computer language from a time where computers where mainframes you logged into using a terminal. It's old and I respect it's place as a very low level language, or as they used to call it : a portable assembly but it's not the best for modern huge apps. At least not directly, that's why most game engines are made with C or C++ (complex, easy to mess up but lets you optimize a lot and don't burden you with a garbage collector or "bloat") but the gameplay is made with a scripting language like Lua (shout out to the incel here who talks about Lua all the time, I don't remember his username) for easy modification and it allows for a more iterative process like you tweak something, see what it does, tweak it again on the fly...
Rust is the new C++ is what I'm trying to say. It's still used MASSIVELY as there are tons of programmers who know C++ and C++ codebases out there but in the future and to learn as a hobby, my research indicates that Rust is a more sane option. C++ tries to get on par with Rust and other modern languages but since it's old the syntax looks cryptic (if you know about it, look up what template metaprogramming is and how it can get real hard, real fast).
There is also value in the higher level languages when performance isn't that important. Cool ones that aren't too mainstream and have been around for half a century are the Lisp family of languages. They are based on a few "simple" concepts but very powerful. Of course not adapted to make an entire OS in it (although there have been Lisp machines as they were called and people say they were fantastic and way better than Unix).
The best bang for your buck in terms of scripting language or high level language is Javascript or Python I think since they get the most attention. Lots of modules/libraries for them, tons of learning material, tooling and a long term support. The environment matters a lot, some say even more than the language as it can make up for a shitty language. I definitely find value in that as when I program in C you implement a lot of stuff ad-hoc.
Go is a cool middleground, it has a garbage collector but it's fast enough since it's compiled to native code unlike Java or languages targetting the JVM (that is languages that gets compiled into Java Bytecode). It's backed up by Google so it's there to stay and it's been used by a lot of big companies, it's taking over the Backend side of the web from what I've seen, PHP used to be big there but it's slower than Go and the language is a mess compared to Go. Of course all of it subject of huge debates but it's commonly agreed that Go is a simpler, albeit very opinionated (there is only way to do it, kinda like Python philosophy) language.
If you are interested in the Web, HTML/CSS, Javascript and Go are good languages to learn from what I can tell.
I'm more into the desktop side of things but I'm ultimately interested into everything computer or even electronics related. Even math if I had a way to learn about them. God even physics.
Python is good, you are right to want to learn it. It's really used nowadays, even for the web with Django and other frameworks.

Cool to see other self-taught incels here anyway :feelsaww:
Yeah, no one really uses C except for low-level programming such as operating system development or writing drivers. If you're writing applications then yeah it's best to use a higher level programming language like Python or Tcl/Tk for GUI stuff.

I heard Rust being criticized because it is seen as being bloated and that its compiler is under a non-free license. I do know that Rust is being used for operating system development, there's already an OS called Rust and there have been talks of rewriting the Linux kernel in Rust as well. But personally from what I heard I don't like it and it's best to use C and be careful with memory management for that kind of stuff.

And yeah C++ is also pretty bloat and difficult to deal with. I feel Go is a better option to learn over C++ and Java. And since I'm interested in web development I would want to eventually write my wiki engine in Go since my goal is to create a very basic wiki engine that is both efficient on the server-side while still being viewable on older browsers. For now I have the pages written in Markdown and stored as plain text files and I might add the option to use SQLite database to store them as well.

And I've also been interested in Lua since it's an interpreted language much lighter than Python. I even compiled it for MS-DOS. But AFAICT it doesn't do much without extra libraries.

Also, if you want more links here are other sites you should check out:

Yeah, no one really uses C except for low-level programming such as operating system development or writing drivers. If you're writing applications then yeah it's best to use a higher level programming language like Python or Tcl/Tk for GUI stuff.

I heard Rust being criticized because it is seen as being bloated and that its compiler is under a non-free license. I do know that Rust is being used for operating system development, there's already an OS called Rust and there have been talks of rewriting the Linux kernel in Rust as well. But personally from what I heard I don't like it and it's best to use C and be careful with memory management for that kind of stuff.

And yeah C++ is also pretty bloat and difficult to deal with. I feel Go is a better option to learn over C++ and Java. And since I'm interested in web development I would want to eventually write my wiki engine in Go since my goal is to create a very basic wiki engine that is both efficient on the server-side while still being viewable on older browsers. For now I have the pages written in Markdown and stored as plain text files and I might add the option to use SQLite database to store them as well.

And I've also been interested in Lua since it's an interpreted language much lighter than Python. I even compiled it for MS-DOS. But AFAICT it doesn't do much without extra libraries.

Also, if you want more links here are other sites you should check out:
I saw those criticism of Rust too but :
- As as I know it's free software, it's just that the name "Rust" is a trademark of the Mozilla Fundation or some shit and you would need to rename it to make another version. It's just that to be honest the Free Software Fundation has HARDCORE/LINE IN THE SAND standards (I understand why, and it's definitely why they haven't wavered from the original philosophy).
- The Linux Kernel isn't gonna be rewritten in Rust entirely from what I saw, it's just a few kernel modules they are maybe going to write in Rust to test it out, because rewritting the kernel in Rust would be a waste of time and manpower, it's millions of lines of code at this point. But just the fact that Linus Thorvald, who is well known for not being a reddit "nice guy" is open to it yet called C++ a shit language, tells you Rust has a future. If it gets used by a few big projects other than Firefox, it's assured a good life.

You can dislike it if you want, I respect it 100 %, at the end of the day it's just different flavors of assembly that gets executed on our machines. And it's actually nice we aren't forced into specific languages or way to program like object oriented or functional or procedural.

To be honest Wikipedia is an excellent website. For all his flaws, it's fucking amazing to have that much knowledge (cursery not too deep but still valuable) available for free at our fingertips. It's very clear even with terminal-based web browsers and loads very fast, no bullshit, no ads.
I spend hours sometimes reading articles using Kiwix with some Wikipedia archive I downloaded. I consult them offline and it's gigabased, it feels exactly like what the web was made to do, share knowledge and data across multiple computers and networks.
Just the fact 12 Gb is all it takes for essentially a god-tier encyclopedia is astonishing.

And a lot of links you send me I knew them despite them being niche-tier blogs. Nice to see how the Incel and computer nerds groups collide but sad at the same time :feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha:

Last edited:
And now I wholeheartedly felt that statement now that I have an old computer with NVIDIA graphics that the company stopped creating drivers for the new kernel and Xorg versions. And nouveau is shit and always hangs my computer.
every linux user who has ever had to deal with nvidia gpus feels that statement, extremely underpowered drivers (compared to windows), lack of support for older gpus and their refusal to make their code open source are only some of the problems that we have to deal with