Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Normies ruin everything: Video games

• Thread starter Deleted member 22685
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22685

Self-banned
-
Have you ever noticed how piss easy and souless most games nowadays are? You would swear you could beat most, if not all of them with your eyes closed?
This is mostly attributed to a few things:
1. People who made enjoyable games in the past did so because they themself played games and loved their hobby/job more then they loved money(though that's not to say that they hated money or something). Nowadays you have corporate fuckwads like EA in charge of steering the wheel, aka peak normie.
2. "Nerdy" hobbies going mainstream: Normies started to flood in like cockroaches and rats thanks to this, and with normies comes the "Degradation of a fanbase/hobby" theory.
3. Not enough gatekeeping: People who actually gave a damn about their game didn't tell normies to hit the road if the game was too difficult or unfair, thus with every new suggestion and developer coming in, they only shot themself in the foot even more by not giving criticism.
In this article the president of Tripwire games says exactly how i feel:
"If there's no fear, there's no tension, the victory is shallow. We want there to be some fear."
and
"But the skill gap is so compressed, that it's like a slot machine. You might as well just sit down at a slot machine and have a thing that pops up an says I got a kill!"

Normies have either such little patience/or are so dumb that they simply cannot be bothered to learn a game that actually has some sort of thought put behind it.
After all why do that when you can just go back to Call of Duty, CSGO or Rainbow six and hold down the mouse button down until you get a 5 man on a eco round in CSGO.
Just a reminder, we went from this:

To this

In conclusion of this vent: Gaming is dead, Tom Clancy is rolling in his grave, and the normies decide what is fun these days.
Kill.
Me.

Now.

tom clancy didn't give a shit about vidoe games lol

Based post OP, my exact same fucking thoughts.
Literally every mainstream 'strategy' or competitive games and shit that comes out it's plain braindead unbalanced broken af shitfest in which normies can be good by chosing the top tier stuff. RPGs by the other hand (other than pearls as Dark Souls) have lost it's charm and difficulty that made them so intrigant. I honestly don't feel like playing too much aside from solo games, shooters are beyond saving at this point.

The only games I enjoy these days are jrpgs and Tekken

At least there are small studios making hardcore games

Based post OP, my exact same fucking thoughts.
Literally every mainstream 'strategy' or competitive games and shit that comes out it's plain braindead unbalanced broken af shitfest in which normies can be good by chosing the top tier stuff. RPGs by the other hand (other than pearls as Dark Souls) have lost it's charm and difficulty that made them so intrigant. I honestly don't feel like playing too much aside from solo games, shooters are beyond saving at this point.
Indeed, id rather play autistic russian mods for STALKER nowadays that are almost impossible to beat, but are STILL more fun then most games.

Imagine living in a third world zone and the only peers you get are some uncultured monkeys screaming and cursing on the mic everytime
I don't need to imagine, i live in one.

EA does make good games, such as the free to play Apex Legends and that one Star Wars game.

EA does make good games, such as the free to play Apex Legends and that one Star Wars game.
Microtransactions would like to have a word with u

EA is a publisher, they are just there to promote it. But what i meant with my sentence was that they are responsible for stuff like Battlefield 4 launch, where the game was almost unplayable with how many bugs it had because they told Dice to hurry up.

Microtransactions would like to have a word with u
Fuck, I forgot about them. Tru, I would like to buy some skins but I'm a poorfag and the lootboxes are random anyway. :cryfeels:

how is csgo easy ? have you played at high ranks like supreme - global?

Video games are for manchildren unless played in a social setting

how is csgo easy ? have you played at high ranks like supreme - global?
It is, it just becomes hard to care about the game when the developers themself don't.

It is, it just becomes hard to care about the game when the developers themself don't.
still not explaining how or telling what rank you played at jfl, anyone can play at low to medium ranks, that's the point of the rank system, it's a measure of skill. I agree that valve is a shit company, ever since the game went free to play cheaters have been running rampant

Most games nowdays are just movies. Normans ruins everything

why'd you quit? i returned to the game a week or so ago after a long break. was having fun until recently where i faced blatant cheaters 3 games in a row
As i said
it just becomes hard to care about the game when the developers themself don't
Most games nowdays are just movies. Normans ruins everything
I wish i could pin this

>tfw still no Halflife 3 :feelscry:

Yeah, believe me, I'm bitter about it, too. And same with metal music, same shit is happening with that. And as for point number 3: Anyone that offers criticism, whether valid or not, about the normalization of these hobbies and dumbing down is labelled as an eLiTiSt, which has become an effective social shaming tool to silence criticism. That's all that word was invented for. Frankly, I take it as a badge of pride and honor when someone calls me an elitist, but most people don't, and so, without anyone else defending these hobbies, they fall.

Video games are for manchildren unless played in a social setting
Chad could act like an autistic manchild playing weird games and he would still slay.
Looks = Everything
Personality and passions = Nothing

WE need more DIVERSITY, FEMINISM and SAFE SPACES in videogames media, so many nazi racist, homophobic, transphobic and mysoginist INCEL GAMERS!!! :soy: :soy: :soy: :soy: :soy: :soy: :soy: :soy: :soy: :soy: :soy:

Chad could act like an autistic manchild playing weird games and he would still slay.
Looks = Everything
Personality and passions = Nothing
Yea hes still a manchild and gets no respect from me

I don't agree. I think people who say this are often nostalgic and holding current games up to a past standard which never existed.
this. old games are shit when u replay them. I just replayed classic wow and it ain't even close to as wonderful as I remembered. I played Cod was and it's shit. nostalgia fucks people in the head

this. old games are shit when u replay them. I just replayed classic wow and it ain't even close to as wonderful as I remembered. I played Cod was and it's shit. nostalgia fucks people in the head
Alot of the older games i play now i have never even touched in the past, so no idea what to tell you tbh.

What is the golden age of gaming? I remember breezing through most of my PS2 games but I got a SNES classic and the games on the SNES are challenging.

thats why i only play superior japanese productions

The video games that are actually good are never played by normies tbh

fuck ubisoft and all the faggots who buy their new games

The best example is Bethesda with their The Elder Scrolls and Fallout IPs. Compare TES IV: Oblivion to TES V: Skyrim. The game holds your hand through the entire 100+ hours you'll (or are supposed to) spend on it by way of their quest markers, fast travel, overpowered weapons you can find within a few hours of playing, boring dialogue you're assumed to skip so the played can dip right back in his (or HER :soy::banhammer:) dungeons one shotting bosses with aforementioned overpowered weapons.I want to give TES III: Morrowind a try, but I fear the outdated combat mechanics and graphics will hinder my experience significantly!

This, OP. It's not that good games don't exist, it's just that games all about flash over substance get more mainstream attention.

I never really liked R6S and newer multiplayer games.
They're all bad.

I don't play videogames

The best example is Bethesda with their The Elder Scrolls and Fallout IPs. Compare TES IV: Oblivion to TES V: Skyrim. The game holds your hand through the entire 100+ hours you'll (or are supposed to) spend on it by way of their quest markers, fast travel, overpowered weapons you can find within a few hours of playing, boring dialogue you're assumed to skip so the played can dip right back in his (or HER :soy::banhammer:) dungeons one shotting bosses with aforementioned overpowered weapons.I want to give TES III: Morrowind a try, but I fear the outdated combat mechanics and graphics will hinder my experience significantly!

quest markers and fast travel were introduced in Oblivion
and don't get me started on the copy-pasted dungeon and retarded level scaling

That first game just looks like a standard cover shooter. All that's different is that you've got some basic commands for your squad. I've never played the game so I could be wrong though.

tbh I doubt they'd even have the IQ required for stuff like dorf fort.

Just play old games then.