Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel Normies destroyed one of the only semblances of internet culture that I enjoyed with the adoption of the "Literally Me" archetype. (Rant)

zekr

zekr

AMOR FATI
★★
Growing up perpetually online before the word "doomer" was even used, lonely guys like myself would discuss movies like American Psycho, Drive, Taxi Driver, Falling Down etc. because we deeply identified with the characters. I'm 23 now and haven't watched any of these titles in quite some time but these type of movies really helped me feel "normal" in a sense when I was 14 years old. Within the past couple of years, normies destroyed these characters while making a mockery out of these same movies with things like cringe "sigma" edits and every twitter whore now has a deep understanding of something that was once a niche internet refuge. Not even these movies but internet figures like zyzz and Terry Davis are widespread now with every faggot perm zoomer doing a zyzz pose in photos and Instagram reels being littered with these same type of cringe edits. They think they can relate to someone like Travis Bickle because sometimes they feel lonely (every single person does you retard) but never do I see any truly disenfranchised people toting these types of characters because there is nothing to idolize once you live like them irl (minus the crescendo of violence that typically takes place at the end of the movie). Take the streamer SNEAKO for instance. I just saw a video of him reacting to Taxi Driver and he literally said like "yeah I can relate to the main character" and he goes on to explain why. A dude rich off of his broski donation simps who talks about being in threesomes, going to parties, and does all of this degenerate shit. And this is how these normies think. The level of alienation that some guys like me feel would never even occur to them if they weren't in a literal solitary confinement cell. Every normie thinks this is "literally me" because a girl didn't text them back or sometimes they get in a somber mood and sit on a park bench thinking they are the main character like some kind of French philosopher fuckface who thinks they truly understands le human condition. Not that I do, but It just drives me up the wall seeing these types of people who have never really felt truly alienated their entire life destroying something that I enjoyed during my adolescence along with several other things that have now been tainted with the same path of mainstream exposure.

TLDR: Normies destroyed a once niche aspect of internet culture yet again.

Last edited:
A tale as old as time.

Tbh everything that becomes mainstream becomes shit

Normies spend one Friday alone, go for a drive, and think they’re like Ryan gosling jfl
I can go months without talking to anyone you normscum