Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Normie acquaintances from school didn't make it far in life

jet112

jet112

Incelmatics
★★
speaking as a mentally ill NEET on SSI. spent 7 years at home doing nothing but popping pills and helping my parents.
now that im finally out of neetdome i made a gameplan that would allow me to have a career and some credentials to put on the resume.
i thought that i was way behind all the normies that studied and worked in their early 20's, but a quick look at their social media proves most of them are at the same point that they started in.

this is very peculiar. you have people that were very invested into school and the future.- but they didn't utilize their early 20's to do shit. most of them went on expensive vacations that drained their savings. some started uni but dropped out and started again. most started their degree in their late 20's.
i thought some of them would be millionaires right now (either that or with a big family and a house) and i was proven wrong. i wonder what could be the cause of this?

All my normie ex-classmates have pics from 2011 on their social media. Timelines dead. They're wageslaving.

What is the median household income of your school's neighbourhood?

The average person in their late 20s is in terrible financial shape. If they own a mansion and have multiple children, they probably got money from their parents. If you don't live in a relatively upscale community to start with, you won't meet a lot of these lucky bastards.

Even if you look at "successful normies", just go through the list of typical upper-middle-class career paths. Doctors won't get out of school until they're 30. Lawyers won't get out until they're 25. Junior bankers, consultants, programmers, engineers are usually too busy working 70 hours a week to start a family.

Edit: I'm assuming you are an Americancel

Last edited:
What is the median household income of your school's neighbourhood?

The average person in their late 20s is in terrible financial shape. If they're a homeowner, they probably got money from their parents.

didn't know that. most are renting in the big city which is expensive

depends on who you interact with, that type of normie is smoking break-maxxed and relations-maxxed and is never without friendship and sex

my peers are more nerdy upper tier normies who all have cushy well paid jobs, they have trouble getting girls (pics alone in exotic locales for 5-6 year stretches) but overall their lives are extremely comfy and financially established, unlike mine which i've failed to take proper control of despite being employed for nearly 8 years since my early 20s

All the normies from my schools went on to have amazing lives.
normies who are socially established and reasonably intelligent and help each other, can get essentially do-nothing jobs that are well paid, just writing a technical document or whatever, something you can do with one brain cell

you or me won't get them because the spots are limited and normies only help each other

didn't know that. most are renting in the big city which is expensive

Well, it makes a difference. Did you grow up in a ghetto or a trailer park? Or in boring suburbia? Or a small college town? Or an urban high-rise in Manhattan?

If they're still paying off student debt, yet renting in gentrified hipster neighbourhoods, flying business class to Europe, Ubering everywhere, use Deliveroo/Grubhub for every other meal, clubbing every Friday, getting membership at upscale gyms, visiting cocktail bars twice a week, insist on buying out-of-season organic non-GMO superfood produce at Whole Foods, eat avocado toast, and drink $6 coffees, they're not owning homes. Unless they choose to move to some bumfuck small town in middle America, or their parents wire them $150k as a small gift.

Last edited:
Well, it makes a difference. Did you grow up in a ghetto or a trailer park? Or in boring suburbia? Or a small college town? Or an urban high-rise in Manhattan?

If they're still paying off student debt, yet renting in gentrified hipster neighbourhoods, flying business class to Europe, Ubering everywhere, use Deliveroo/Grubhub for every other meal, clubbing every Friday, getting membership at upscale gyms, visiting cocktail bars twice a week, insist on buying out-of-season organic non-GMO superfood produce at Whole Foods, eat avocado toast, and drink $6 coffees, they're not owning homes. Unless they choose to move to some bumfuck small town in middle America, or their parents wire them $150k as a small gift.

not in the exact way you put it, but yeah something like that.
every person has its own hedonistic niche. some girls are obsessed with sandals vacations, most of them eat way above their paygrade (breakfast at wineries, shit-tier coffee (that is expensive too, go figure). but most notably, all of them are renting in the most expensive area of the state. now i don't give a shit how much you earn, living like this is not sustainable.
to answer your question, most of them come from nice urban areas, but they move out so fast that i rarely see any young people anymore.

none of them smoke or drink excessively, but they all shop like crazy. its like a midlife crisis thing that afflicts millenials.

Last edited:
This is lifefuel ngl