Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel noodlewhore explains how it is good to base your self confidence on your looks and how lookism is important for a functioning society

• Thread starter Deleted member 33688
  • Start date
Deleted member 33688

Deleted member 33688

Self-banned
-
Opinion: Another look at lookism in South Korea – HS Insider (latimes.com)

To most, the term “lookism” conjures up negative connotations in the mind. Some might contest, however, that such an ideology could in fact be beneficial to individuals and society at large.

Maintaining or enhancing one’s appearance is by no means easy. Individuals who endeavor to do so, are engaging in an act of self-improvement, which could indeed have a ripple effect in their lives.

Many Koreans value aesthetic beauty and hence are perceived as being obsessed with their physical appearance. Such a desire to achieve societal standards of beauty leads many people to undergo procedures in order to avoid prejudice.

Naturally, having your own charm and being unique is important too, but in such a competitive environment such as South Korea, where people are discriminated against when it comes to finding employment based on their looks, is this enough?

Notably, beauty standards in South Korea take a uniform shape. Having big eyes, a small tall nose, plump lips and a v-line jaw are all considered the paragons of facial beauty when combined, not to mention being in shape. Those who don’t fit the mold, so to speak, are subject to victimization leading to a lack of motivation.

Furthermore, lookism provides an economic benefit. South Korea’s cosmetic procedure industry makes up a sizable percentage of the nation’s economy, and thousands of foreigners flock to the capital, Seoul, each year in a bid to join the locals’ quest for beauty. Indeed, the fact that plastic surgeons are among some of the country’s top earners is a testament to this industry’s growing demand.

Surveys suggest that individuals who enhanced their looks via cosmetics or procedure gained an increase in confidence. Additionally, the cosmetic industry is growing exponentially year by year, suggesting a positive economic impact.

A vast amount of South Koreans are not satisfied with their appearance. According to GfK’s study, only 34% responded with “completely satisfied” or “satisfied.” The remaining responded with, “not at all satisfied,” “not too satisfied” and “neither satisfied nor dissatisfied.” This explains why Koreans with low self-esteem pay thousands of dollars for plastic surgery and cosmetics.

Making a more concerted effort to improve their looks could lead to many “unsatisfied” individuals to feel more positive about themselves.

Undeniably, personal insecurities about looks exist in many cultures. Such personal hindrances could prove obstacles in regard to accomplishing one’s goals. Many who suffer from low self-esteem based on their looks have a lack of confidence which affects their communication at work and in their social life.

Moreover, many individuals who are bullied because of their appearance, find a solution by improving their looks. Unlike in America, where there is less lookism, South Korean rates of obesity are drastically less. This would suggest that lookism helps to regulate a healthy society in terms of weight gain.

Overall, those who embrace the challenge of looking good, tend to have more positive mental outlooks than individuals who neglected this part of their lives. This would suggest that on top of the economic and health benefits, lookism also has numerous positives, which shouldn’t be overlooked.

Overall, those who embrace the challenge of looking good, tend to have more positive mental outlooks than individuals who neglected this part of their lives. This would suggest that on top of the economic and health benefits, lookism also has numerous positives, which shouldn’t be overlooked.

This is the "chad on quora explaining how bullying is good" tier ragefuel

Lookism good racism bad

Yes, lets turn her into a subhuman manlet by injecting her T and doing sex surgery on her, then I wonder if she is going to say that lookism is good

So good that the birthrate in south korea is in the gutter.

There is not actually more lookism in Asia than in the West, Asians are just honest about it while whites want to appear holier than thou and deny looks matter.

lmao look at the suicide rate and the number of plastic surgeries in Asia, look at how the incels slave away their lives in East Asia working 15 hours a day until they pass out from exhaustion. while chads work in hostess clubs an make three times what the incel that went to university for a STEM degree.

As dystopian and scary and even shallow life is there, this is the future for the globe along with environmental disasters and economic disasters that make incels rope while chad and stacy look down on you from the top.

at least by that time most of us will be reitired hopefully and we can just smoke weed and drink and postmaxx until we die at age 50.

There is not actually more lookism in Asia than in the West, Asians are just honest about it while whites want to appear holier than thou and deny looks matter.
true, noodlewhores are also pretty honest about gold digging
Bud does it make them better foids

I want to go to South Korea to go surgerymaxx

no wonder korean men use makeup to fraud their smv over there which imo is lowkey homosexual and effeminate , even if it's socially acceptable in korea i couldn't imagine painting my face every day like roasties , surgery is ok tho

The more I learn about noodlewhores the more they irritate the everloving hell out of me.

I’d squash her flat face wth my metal boots