Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

None of my copes feel the same anymore, life feels so boring at the moment

SupremeAutist

SupremeAutist

Lifes background character
★★★★★
I open a game and close it after 10 minutes, I can't watch anything for longer than 2 minutes without getting bored. All I do all day is rot on my pc waiting for the day to be over in the hopes that the next day will somehow be better

you need to play for more than 10 minutes to get hooked

Your dopamine receptors are fucked thats why, you need to do something productive and bring change into your life

oh yeah i know that feeling

Your dopamine receptors are fucked thats why, you need to do something productive and bring change into your life
Probably, might take a break from the internet for a bit to see if that helps fix it

I open a game and close it after 10 minutes, I can't watch anything for longer than 2 minutes without getting bored. All I do all day is rot on my pc waiting for the day to be over in the hopes that the next day will somehow be better
Same

you need to play for more than 10 minutes to get hooked
Doesn't really help, I find that if I don't enjoy something within the first couple minutes unless it's a story heavy game, I'm probably not going to like it overall

When my copes stop working: when I'm feeling sad and tired I need to wait it out (just laying down listening to music or doomscrolling) but when I'm bored/agitated I need some change.

Do you have any hobbies that take you out of the house ? I usually feel better on days when I went outside for a bit, especially if it was sunny.
Maybe go for a walk.

If you're bored of the games you have just pirate or buy a bunch of new games that look interesting.

Bruhhh fucking same its just so tiresome cant wait until this suffering is over

I usually take a stroll outside when I feel burnt out of copes

When my copes stop working: when I'm feeling sad and tired I need to wait it out (just laying down listening to music or doomscrolling) but when I'm bored/agitated I need some change.

Do you have any hobbies that take you out of the house ? I usually feel better on days when I went outside for a bit, especially if it was sunny.
Maybe go for a walk.

If you're bored of the games you have just pirate or buy a bunch of new games that look interesting.
I probably need to get outside, I was going on walks pretty consistently 2 months ago but I've completely stopped, I tend to be really inconsistent when it comes to those kind of things

I have the same, it's called depression.

All I do all day is rot on my pc waiting for the day to be over in the hopes that the next day will somehow be better
Same but I know the next day will be the same or worse.

I probably need to get outside, I was going on walks pretty consistently 2 months ago but I've completely stopped, I tend to be really inconsistent when it comes to those kind of things
thats def the problem, try getting sunlight, go on walks and do calisthenics, exercise is important

thats def the problem, try getting sunlight, go on walks and do calisthenics, exercise is important
I'm very inconsistent when it comes to exercise, I've been on and off doing it for the past 3 years or so and I feel like it depends a lot on my mental state

I'm very inconsistent when it comes to exercise, I've been on and off doing it for the past 3 years or so and I feel like it depends a lot on my mental state
exercise is to improve your mental state, not the other way around, just do it

I tend to be really inconsistent when it comes to those kind of things
same
I pick up something, do it for a week or two then drop it. (and pick it back up again when I need a change of pace again). Did it with jogging, boxing, archery, chess, Go, ect.
I also used to go on daily walks a few years ago but it got boring.

I've been learning arabic on duolingo recently and somehow I've been at it for the last 30+ days, doesn't take much time and it's something else to fill your day.

If you're bored and you have the willpower to try, maybe give meditation a go.
Set a timer (5 to 20 minutes) and try to have a blank mind until the timer rings. If you lose concentration don't start over, just clear your mind again and keep going. You don't NEED to close your eyes or focus on your breathing but it can help.