Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel No romaine lettuce?!?!!?!? FUCK

Indari

Indari

ovencel
★★★★★
went to my favorite restaurant but they have no caeser salad because of this e coli outbreak
i went yesterday but they were closed

Spinach/kale are healthier in general.

Just got a turkey sub from subway. Spinach instead of lettuce.

Then I came home and drake a spinach shake. Srs.

RIP lettucecels
Lettuce = e coli fuel

Spinach/kale are healthier in general.

Just got a turkey sub from subway. Spinach instead of lettuce.

Then I came home and drake a spinach shake. Srs.
97% of Spinach sampled had pesticide residue. Enjoy eating poison.

Damned no matter what you do, huh.
Apples, apple sauces, blueberries, grapes, greenbeans, leafy greens, pears, peaches, potatoes, plums, spinach, strawberries, raisins, sweet peppers, tomatoes and winter squashes are the most dirty with pesticides.

Spinach samples had, on average, 1.8 times as much pesticide residue by weight than any other crop.

life always manages to include an additional fuck you to any day

Apples, apple sauces, blueberries, grapes, greenbeans, leafy greens, pears, peaches, potatoes, plums, spinach, strawberries, raisins, sweet peppers, tomatoes and winter squashes are the most dirty with pesticides.

Spinach samples had, on average, 1.8 times as much pesticide residue by weight than any other crop.
so what should i eat

that's why you wash it first

that's why you wash it first
That’s like telling a incel to take a shower jfl. Of course washing helps, but some pesticides soak into the flesh of the produce and you can’t just wash it off. How many people wash prewashed packaged spinach anyway?

Apples for example produce their own wax coating and the pesticides are caught under the wax layer. Plums and pears also produce their own wax, that’s why they top the list.

Here’s a overview on peaches. They have a softer skin that allows pesticides to soak in.
C3AE4DA5 4800 44D5 AF27 62FA8034DF70

It’s more likely that pesticides are the cause of soy boy’s than soy since so many are hormone disrupters.

That’s like telling a incel to take a shower jfl. Of course washing helps, but some pesticides soak into the flesh of the produce and you can’t just wash it off. How many people wash prewashed packaged spinach anyway?

Apples for example produce their own wax coating and the pesticides are caught under the wax layer. Plums and pears also produce their own wax, that’s why they top the list.

Here’s a overview on peaches. They have a softer skin that allows pesticides to soak in.
View attachment 66870

It’s more likely that pesticides are the cause of soy boy’s than soy since so many are hormone disrupters.
my dad pour boiling water on his apples

JFL, no romaine lettuce anywhere. was about to order chipotle online and a thing saying they aren't serving romaine lettuce at this time pops up. JUST FUCKING LOL

Yeah I'm reading about it now. Apparently it's still negligible. But I'm debating buying organic spinach in the future.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pesticides-on-fruits-vegetables-2018-4

They're saying the amount doesn't add up too much at all.

While a spinach leaf or strawberry may have more traces of pesticides on it than, say, a hard-skinned avocado or pineapple, the available data doesn't suggest you should stop eating any fruits or veggies out of pesticide-related fears.

In 2011, a pair of food scientists slammed the EWG's annual Dirty Dozen report in a study published in the Journal of Toxicology, and the World Health Organization has said "the EWG is using fear, not facts" to create their lists.

In the 2011 study, the food scientists found that the levels of pesticides people may get exposed to when eating fruits and vegetables are extremely low — well below the levels the Environmental Protection Agency thinks are harmful. In fact, the amount of pesticide on the produce you eat is likely a hundred times lower than the smallest dose that is harmful to laboratory animals for most chemicals.

For example, the scientists found that pesticide exposure estimates for the 10 most commonly detected chemicals on spinach are thousands of times — if not tens of thousands— lower than the levels the EPA considers worrisome.

Buying organic produce may not help you avoid pesticides, either. In fact, as the American Council on Science and Health points out, there's more regulation for conventional pesticides than the ones certified for organic use.

Yeah I'm reading about it now. Apparently it's still negligible. But I'm debating buying organic spinach in the future.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pesticides-on-fruits-vegetables-2018-4

They're saying the amount doesn't add up too much at all.
Even if vegetables are contaminated with pesticides, you should still eat them. I mean, everything is contaminated regardless, so it's better to eat some pesticide-laden spinach than pesticide-laden french fries. If the argument is, "eat another green leafy instead", that's fine, but if you consciously avoid spinach you're probably going to end up eating fewer greens overall, which is a net bad for your health.

Also, not all greens are equally healthy as you noted. If you look at the ORAC (antioxidant) content of iceburg lettuce, a common type in restaurants, romaine lettuce, and compare them to spinach, you can see there is a big difference. Antioxidants are a large part in why fruit and vegetable consumption are associated with a decrease in disease risk.
Iceberg Lettuce- ORAC Value: 438
Romaine Lettuce- ORAC Value: 1,017
Spinach, Raw- ORAC Value: 1,513
You'll also miss out on some of the nutrients found in relative high quantities in spinach, like nitrates,vitamin K and A.