Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Night Vision Incel addition pt3(using NV with guns)

MaldireMan0077

MaldireMan0077

Ultimate Virgin Deluxe
★★★★
This is the 3rd and not the final part but close to it for night vision. This is a tip for if you own guns and want to use it under night vision. After all I just got a nightfox Swift a week or 2 ago and it may not be milatry shit. But milatary shit... well lets say milatry shit that costs 2 grand is considered budget and not alot of people own night vision so Im good with NVGs that are a tenth of the cost and are digitall.

Aiming with NV:
So let me tell you this. Your definitely gonna want your NV to be head mounted and have a IR flash light if you fit in these 2 categories combined. One is you can only get non anolog NV( the shit thatll cost you a kidney or 2) were it digitall and a couple hundred dollars. Second is you dont plan on using a laser. Theres a reason for this.

Budget NV device:

So if your like me and your using digital 200$ nightfox stuff, its not as simple at see in the dark and aim. The swift and Red models from night fox has a built in infered light emiter on the sides of the goggles. Theyll look red to the nacked eye but will probably be hard to see for the nacked eye as they gain distance from the device. If you dont have the emiter on youll most likely see black in pitch black environments. Unless you have a IR flashlight. If you aim your gun with the emiters on, then the IR light from those emiters will bounce back from those sights or the gun when doing traditional aim AKA passive aiming, and youll see a white blob of shit and cant aim. I dont have a laser since Im as broke as fuck. But I do have a IR flash light. So what I do is turn off the IR emiters on my Night Fox Swift, turn on the IR flashlight, and position the IR light below and under the gun wich for my case is a 22 handgun. Yeah I aint no John Wick. Dont even have a pencil. What putting the IR light below the gun deos is allow me to see in the darck but because the light isnt shining on the gun, I can aim.

Types of sights for NV:

So when you got that problem solved weather by taking my advice or taking a youtubers advice and blowing 10 grand on what they call quad nods. You have 3 ways to aim. Most people will say 2 but theres kinda a shitty 3rd way to aim. Most common way is call active were you use a IR laser. Using this will preserve your fov. Just point and shoot. You also dont need to worry about focouse as much since your aiming point is literally on the target so you just need to focouse on the target and point. The other type of aiming Ill probably do when I get money to waste is called passive. This is if you got a red dot or holographic sight with NV compatibility. Because most NVGs have a camera moved forward, its like moving your eye forward so the housing of those optics will be either a black blur or invisible to you. What you get is this reticle from your optic apearing to just be floating in mid air. Most NV compatible optics will have 2 settings. One is brighter and one is dimmer. However I recomend a AIMPOINT Acro or a EOtech Eflux for pistols passive aim and for rifles, either the same optic but for larger scale ones, Im not well educated on that. Sorry. I havent shot a rifle since 2019. So Im stuck with pistols. Now the 3rd way of aiming is unfortunately the only way I can aim with NV until I get a red dot wich will take for ever. That is aiming with iron sights under NV. Remember what I said about using the NV flashlight and turning off the IR emiter on my goggles? Well thats how I can aim with irons. The thing is NV goggle both digitall and anolog dont have multiple focouse points like the human eye. Its why if you get a night fox swift or red, you have the focouse adjustment or any NV device. Its also why lasers are the most common way of aiming under NV. So when I use my IR light and aim with my pistol, whatll happen is either the sight will get blurry or the target but mostly the sight. And because I have to hold it one hand, sight alignment is difficult. Now to reduce the focouse problem I swapped out the rear sight. My pistol a ruger mk4 came with stock sights, I swapped out both the rail and rear sight with a MSP cut rail and a tandemkross eagle eye rear sight to decrease arease in wich my NV can misfoucous on. You definitely dont what your NV foucouse on rear sights. Other wise youll get alot of blur outside those sights. The eagle eye rear sight is a giant circle peice to give a better FOV withing the front sight and sacrificing accuracy. What you get is somthing simuler to aiming the WU pistol in MGS 5 ground zeros Or using ghost ring sights in Battlefield 4. A circle and a front sight post. Giving you the best aim out of iron sights under NV. But no were near and I really to mean no were near as good as using a NV compatible redot.

Another thing about red dots:

There will be a decent amount of optics that are NV compatible. But you dont want real thick housing. Remember when I said using NV is like moving your eyeballs forward from your head? If you use a Sig romeo on a rifle or pistol, alot of your FOV wil be this tunnel effect of black blur. Get a NV comaptible redot with thin housing. If not that then go for laser.

Shokting under NV:

I havent done it at all. But I highly reccomend a suppressor before shooting under NV. Both your decice and eyes and vision under NV will thank you for it. Suppressors do a better job at flash hiding then flash hiders. Look at youtube vids.

Thats a phrase everyone say these days over the smallest of things, is it really gray to have a hobby consisting of guns and night vision?