Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Nice to know that my phone is listening to conversations I'm involved in, basically spying on me

Saigon Depression

Saigon Depression

insane
★★★★★
I'm sure many of you experienced this already.

Yesterday I was talking to my mother and she told me about how my brother-in-law's son bought himself a model car that he's trying to assemble. She was talking about this for 30 seconds maybe. I barely contributed to the discussion, probably just humming, as I didn't care much about this. My smartphone was nearby all along.

Then I went home, turned on my laptop and started browsing. What advertisements do I see? Model cars, model trains and such.

The funny thing is that as I was trying to find articles or news dealing with this subject, 99% of the content I found was either denying or downplaying how our own devices are actively spying on us 24/7.
  • Oh, you're just imagining it, Zuckerberg would never do anything like that. (Of course, he's not that type.)
  • You must have searched for topics in the past that suddenly appear out of nowhere on your devices as ads. (I didn't, I never searched for model cars, I don't care about them).
  • There are research studies conducted by universities proving that cellphones don't listen to conversations. (Still doesn't explain why and how my phone was listening to me.)
  • You probably gave consent to your phone/application/service provider when you accepted the privacy settings (which are 100 pages long, probably not coincidentally)
  • You've given out most of your data using YT and social media anyway, your phone/Facebook/Instagram just wants to help you, what's the big deal? (basically admitting "yeah, we're spying on you, now what?"

I don't even care that much about this whole thing, I always suspected that three-letter agencies and tech companies were potentially spying on basically everyone. But if I talked about this openly, normies and the mainstream media would shut their eyes and ears and pretend that this thing doesn't exist, I would be depicted as a conspiracy theorist freak.

Has happened to me too many times to be a coincidence.

When I watch a movie and then open Instagram the actors and stuff related to it will be shown in the explore section.
I have adblockers and cookie deleters so I don't see ads on PC, but I'm sure it's not just Instagram.

And yes of course ((((they)))) will try to tell you you're just imagining it. :feels::feels::feels::feels::soy::soy::soy::soy:
You are definitely not imagining it, it's 100% real.

You can thank (((them))) for this one. Hope they have to listen to me chanting NIGGER for 6 hours straight and play the whole thing for the court to hear when they arrest me for thought crime :society:

You can thank (((them))) for this one. Hope they have to listen to me chanting NIGGER for 6 hours straight and play the whole thing for the court to hear when they arrest me for thought crime :society:
It would be hilarious indeed :feelsEhh:

Update: my phone is not only listening to conversations around me (whether I participate much or not), but is also monitoring my movements.

I got used to my phone displaying weather updates, although very infrequently. What I noticed in the last few weeks however, is that my phone literally always notifies me about the current weather status when I'm just about to leave the house (regardless of whether I'm going to work in the morning or going to shopping late in the afternoon). When I stop in front of the front door, put on my shoes and jacket and prepare to leave the house, my phone always gives me the weather updates, without exception.

Last edited:
Don't talk to anyone, ever. Problem solved.

I experienced something simillar with spying. I remember I talked about a yoghurt with my father and the next add in our tv was about yoghurt. I never searched anything about yoghurt on that device

Update: my phone is not only listening to conversations around me (whether I participate much or not), but is also monitoring my movements.

I got used to my phone displaying weather updates, although very infrequently. What I noticed in the last few weeks however, is that my phone literally always notifies me about the current weather status when I'm just about to leave the house (regardless of whether I'm going to work in the morning or going to shopping late in the afternoon). When I stop in front of the front door, put on my shoes and jacket and prepare to leave the house, my phone always gives me the weather updates, without exception.
I want to turn that option off, always when I wake up it apears. Also, news builded in windows. I don't want to read this, I don't want this, It takes space

That's why I only use linux, different browsers with incognito or private mode

Fuck (((tech companies))) for spying on us and being deceiving, conniving, money-grubbing little shits that they are.

Always watching

You're learning this just now? Better late than never.