Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion New terminology "Value Singalling" & "SMV Bragging"

Man

Man

Ukraine is mine.
Value signalling

Signalling value, particularly sexual market value.

SMV Bragging

Bragging about sexual market value.

These phrases or similar are long overdue to describe this behavior.
Value signalling is like virtue signalling, but instead of signalling that you're a good person, you're signalling that you're a catch.
I also have used the term SMV Bragging, more direct, to the point, and obvious. For whatever reason I don't feel like it would catch on as much as 'Value signalling'.

Examples:

"I'm dating three men in one night" What other reason would she have for posting this if not for flexing? Clearly, SMV Bragging that she has entered the dating scene and has been very successful.

"Sorry chad, you're not good enough for me teehee." He's clearly out of her league, but she can't resist showing the camera that she believes she's too good for Chad, value signalling to the Audience that she's just that hot and out of his league.

I use these words to describe that behavior.
SMV bragging sounds like a direct, intentful action, Value signalling could be subtle or obvious.

Thoughts? It's neat to think I might be creating a phrase that becomes internet vernacular.
As of now, there is no common description for this behavior and often comes with a longer explanation that loses meaning or importance to readers.

Both are low-tier beckies.

It's fucking over for males in 2023.

Proud whores.

T
Value signalling

Signalling value, particularly sexual market value.

SMV Bragging

Bragging about sexual market value.

These phrases or similar are long overdue to describe this behavior.
Value signalling is like virtue signalling, but instead of signalling that you're a good person, you're signalling that you're a catch.
I also have used the term SMV Bragging, more direct, to the point, and obvious. For whatever reason I don't feel like it would catch on as much as 'Value signalling'.

Examples:

"I'm dating three men in one night" What other reason would she have for posting this if not for flexing? Clearly, SMV Bragging that she has entered the dating scene and has been very successful.

"Sorry chad, you're not good enough for me teehee." He's clearly out of her league, but she can't resist showing the camera that she believes she's too good for Chad, value signalling to the Audience that she's just that hot and out of his league.

I use these words to describe that behavior.
SMV bragging sounds like a direct, intentful action, Value signalling could be subtle or obvious.

Thoughts? It's neat to think I might be creating a phrase that becomes internet vernacular.
As of now, there is no common description for this behavior and often comes with a longer explanation that loses meaning or importance to readers.

They are both so ugly LOOOL

TALL/SHORT discussion caught me by surprise, guess i've been friendzoning for too long....