Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel nearing the end of my accutane treatment

ShiiOfTheSPLC

ShiiOfTheSPLC

KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM
★★★★★
before I was on accutane I was genuinely fucking disgusting to look at. I couldn't even bare to look in the mirror half the time and I had painful cysts all over my face. every single day I'd cleanse, moisturize, steam it, wash my pillowcases, do all that shit and my acne would literally never improve at all. it was like some higher power's personal method of fucking with me. accutane ended up being a medical necessity for me because I was going to have fucked up scars all over my entire face otherwise. very glad that I got on it tbh, only regret is that I didn't start sooner

So you are Chad now?

I got accutane and it cleared my face up but then I ended up with horrible acne scars on my face. Many ppl in acne forums have said the same thing. Watch out.

I got accutane and it cleared my face up but then I ended up with horrible acne scars on my face. Many ppl in acne forums have said the same thing. Watch out.
oh my scarring was going to be 100x worse if I didn't get on accutane, I had massive deep-rooted cysts all over my face that needed to be gotten rid of ASAP. even with accutane they had to surgically open and drain a few of them (very bloody procedure). but yeah im taking very good care of my skin and hopefully will have the financial means to get rid of any remaining redness/scarring

oh my scarring was going to be 100x worse if I didn't get on accutane, I had massive deep-rooted cysts all over my face that needed to be gotten rid of ASAP. even with accutane they had to surgically open and drain a few of them (very bloody procedure). but yeah im taking very good care of my skin and hopefully will have the financial means to get rid of any remaining redness/scarring

Not talking about that kind of scarring; I'm talking about developing acne holes. I developed rolling acne scars a few months after my treatment

I heard some of the side effects are stunted growth, alopecia, chapped lips and dry skin, and mental health related issues such as increase in anxiety, liver damage, dry eye, nervousness and depression although i'm not sure how a cream could cause this. Did you experience any of these? Also how much mg a day?

I heard some of the side effects are stunted growth, alopecia, chapped lips and dry skin, and mental health related issues such as increase in anxiety, liver damage, dry eye, nervousness and depression although i'm not sure how a cream could cause this. Did you experience any of these? Also how much mg a day?
chapped lips and dry skin is definitely a thing, though if you stay hydrated and use chapstick (or just moisturize) you'll be fine. liver damage is a potential side effect so any dermatologist you go to will want to monitor that very closely and adjust your dosage accordingly to ensure that no serious damage is done.

alopecia will only really occur if you were dealing with significant hair loss beforehand, otherwise it's not common and anything you lose will grow back once the treatment is over. there's no evidence for stunted growth from accutane as far as I'm aware. before you start accutane you're legally required to read a very in depth pamphlet of all the potential side effects that may or may not occur, including ones with just the tiniest bit of evidence to them, and stunted growth isn't even mentioned. I haven't experienced dry eye at all personally, but I assume keeping hydrated helps with that.

I can't make a good observation on how accutane affects depression/nervousness/anxiety because in the time period just before I started accutane I was literally about to get expelled from my school under false pretenses, so that was the absolute peak of my anxiety and nervousness (the end verdict was that I did nothing wrong and there was no punitive action against me at all). I've technically gotten less depressed/anxious since then but I can't make a concrete statement on how accutane affected it

I started on a 20mg a day dose for the first month, then went up to 60 mg, and am now on 40mg for the rest of the treatment

Last edited:
chapped lips and dry skin is definitely a thing, though if you stay hydrated and use chapstick (or just moisturize) you'll be fine. liver damage is a potential side effect so any dermatologist you go to will want to monitor that very closely and adjust your dosage accordingly to ensure that no serious damage is done.

alopecia will only really occur if you were dealing with significant hair loss beforehand, otherwise it's not common and anything you lose will grow back once the treatment is over. there's no evidence for stunted growth from accutane as far as I'm aware. before you start accutane you're legally required to read a very in depth pamphlet of all the potential side effects that may or may not occur, including ones with just the tiniest bit of evidence to them, and stunted growth isn't even mentioned. I haven't experienced dry eye at all personally, but I assume keeping hydrated helps with that.

I can't make a good observation on how accutane affects depression/nervousness/anxiety because in the time period just before I started accutane I was literally about to get expelled from my school under false pretenses, so that was the absolute peak of my anxiety and nervousness (the end verdict was that I did nothing wrong and there was no punitive action against me at all). I've technically gotten less depressed/anxious since then but I can't make a concrete statement on how accutane affected it

I started on a 20mg a day dose for the first month, then went up to 60 mg, and am now on 40mg for the rest of the treatment
Damn so the sides actually aren't that bad then, back when I was researching shit to looksmax I was considering retin-A because people were saying it had way less sides but I definitely think accutane is a more effective solution towards acne than tretinoin now. I just hate going to the doctors honestly.

About almost getting expelled, what "false pretenses" were they?

before I was on accutane I was genuinely fucking disgusting to look at. I couldn't even bare to look in the mirror half the time and I had painful cysts all over my face. every single day I'd cleanse, moisturize, steam it, wash my pillowcases, do all that shit and my acne would literally never improve at all. it was like some higher power's personal method of fucking with me. accutane ended up being a medical necessity for me because I was going to have fucked up scars all over my entire face otherwise. very glad that I got on it tbh, only regret is that I didn't start sooner
I'm on my third month of accutane. Have you experienced any hairloss?

I use differin cream. It works fairly well imo and I don't think it can cause hairloss.

significant hair loss will only occur if you were losing a lot of hair beforehand. otherwise it's not common and if it happens it's minor and will grow back once you're done
About almost getting expelled, what "false pretenses" were they?
I got accused of some fairly serious shit. the school administration called my parents and reported me to the department of justice and everything, it was pretty fucking terrifying ngl. ultimately though, even the girl in question admitted I hadn't done anything worth getting in trouble over. some of the cucks involved are still seething about it because they were so close to ruining my life and in the end I just got off scot free kek

significant hair loss will only occur if you were losing a lot of hair beforehand. otherwise it's not common and if it happens it's minor and will grow back once you're done

I got accused of some fairly serious shit. the school administration called my parents and reported me to the department of justice and everything, it was pretty fucking terrifying ngl. ultimately though, even the girl in question admitted I hadn't done anything worth getting in trouble over. some of the cucks involved are still seething about it because they were so close to ruining my life and in the end I just got off scot free kek
Normies trying to ruin your life even though you didn't do anything is how you know you're incel :feelsbadman: Did a foid accuse you of something? Or do you just not wanna say what it is

Normies trying to ruin your life even though you didn't do anything is how you know you're incel :feelsbadman: Did a foid accuse you of something? Or do you just not wanna say what it is
yeah it's just not something I really want to talk about. it was without a doubt the most traumatizing thing that has ever happened to me so I rarely ever go in to detail about it

yeah it's just not something I really want to talk about. it was without a doubt the most traumatizing thing that has ever happened to me so I rarely ever go in to detail about it
:dafuckfeels:

That's good. Hope it all works out

I wish I used heavy medication for my acne when I was younger there is still some room of improvement of course but majority of the damage is already done:feelsbadman:.